Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: map_heights??

Default map_heights??

need RGB color with map_height.

what RGB color with wasted or mountain or little hill???

Default Re: map_heights??

Map_heights uses a grey-scale method of color. So, every color you see on it will be either black, white, or a shade of grey. The more "white" or higher in color value it is, the higher it is on the campaign map. So, for low hills or such use a color around 30, or so. I'd experiment with what seems best to you.

that look wrong with coast..Why??..i write RGB on land..1,1,1...and 0,0,253 on water...i think problem are water RGB color ??what are right numbre RGB with RGB color on water??

I use 0,0,253 as well, but it has more to do with that tile in which the water is going onto land. Do you have the height set to 0,0,0 at those tiles? I'd suggest moving it up to 1,1,1.

I not understand why my map_heights not ok(photo up)..
    water on 0,0,253 and land on 1,1,1..but that not help!..pff
    so i now ??????....sniff sniff...lol

What helps for me when I get the sea triangles in land is to make a short progression of elevations in that area. I have the first row of pixels next to the sea set at 1,1,1, the next row inland 2,2,2.

So, you have the coast set to 1,1,1 and the set of pixels behind that to 2,2,2?

or 2,2,2 or 3,3,3 or 4,4,4 but not help...pfff

because i has work nice map with really worldmap...argggg grrrr snifff..mammmmma!!...lol

i work fine with all files in Medieval II Total War\BOR\data\world\maps\base..but BIG NOPE with map_heights!!!..pfff
    Last edited by Baxon7; May 09, 2007 at 06:16 PM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Try to use 0,0,0 tiles on these areas, or raise the sea height to 0,0,255

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

- For coastlines pieces vertical or horizontal, use one pixel adjacent to the shore line with RGB 1,1,1.
    - For coastlines facing down-left or up-right, whenever two pieces of horizontal and/or vertical lines meet, there'll be a pixel which doesn't face the sea directly, where only the CORNER of the pixel will touch the sea. That pixel should for down-left and up-right facing coasts NOT be colored in 1,1,1, but with any lighter color.
    - For coastlines facing up-left or down-right, those pixels that only touch with it's corner SHOULD be colored in 1,1,1 too.

This removes all protruding edges all over the map.

Soemthing like on this pic:
    black is 1,1,1 green is 2,2,2 or higher.
    Sometimes other values don't make the triangles either, but this method work in 100%.

From what i rememmber water has needs 0 for Red and Green colour, the Blue color value doesn't matter (just can't be 0), if R and G are higher then 0 then it's a land.

my map look good out..90% good and fine ..BUT yes,again Bad..lol

Green and red was on 1,1,1 (only on corner) and black on 2,2,2(in-land)

Green fine ok!..but bad with RED...can't with 1,1,1 to 5,5,5...why?
    special north-east(red)

ALIEOUU...now i Understand and found out of than BAD!!
    now Great Britain,Ireland and North many island of scorland 99% perfect!
    SO thanks for help from here..now i shall work my map_height to finsh!
    Hasta La Vista (-:

look here...(-:

Ground_types just not finish..but look that..

and how can i get this little map((red)little photo to right down) to
    max...hate this with left!!..sorry my ugly english,you understand?

Er... I'm having a lot of trouble finding grayscale maps to use for a possible India map_heights. Anyone have any resources?

Thanks.

baron.

Open up "campaign_script.txt" in your imperial campaign folder and add this line:

restrict_strat_radar false

That should solve your problem.

a questions about map_heights, when editing the file (creating a hill or whatever) do i need to delete the map.rwm after i have deleted map_heights?

J@mes,

I think that every time you introduce a change that you want to see in the campaign map, then you have to delete map.rwm

I changed something in map_height.tga created a hill then deleted map_heights.hgt then map_heights.hgts then map.rwp the game crashed out even though i used colours from the heights file and made sure the ground where flat in the grey scale.

For testing purposes i have a clean base folder and deleted the map.rwp and heights.hgts then loaded the game up, started a new campaign game the game crashed out (this is without me editing any of the tga files) so what i'm asking when editing the map_heights etc i delete them both at the same time? or delete map.rwm first? then start game

Help i'm really confused on why i cannot not create a simple island without the game wanting to crash on start up

J@mes did you figure out what was wrong? I did not see your previous post, sorry. Are you using your own mod folder? My mod has its own folder, and I never get to see maps_heights.hgts there, and the mod runs just fine. Everytime I do a map modification all I do is delete the map.rwm and that is it.

Maybe if you go back to a working version of map heights.tga then you might be able to figure out what the problem is... By the way are u sure your settlement for the inland is not on the sea and that you island is assigned to a province?

cheers,

cururu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast