Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

First of all great mod, congrats to all the BC team.But I would like to ask a couple of questions.

1)Is there any thing that you can do about the battle maps? i don't know how the system works,are they randomly generated? But sometimes when you fight a battle in a mountainous region the battle map is unplayable , not difficult, unplayable there is impassable terrain between the two armies.

2)There seems to be allot of desert out there especially in Iran I thought it was a temperate zone.Not complaining just curious.

3)Will you make in the future like a list of traits and how do you get them, or something. Some are obvious like merciless leader etc.. but others I have no idea like Shia and other, don't know how to get them or avoid them.

thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Default Re: A few questions

first of all i am not from bc team but i am an old player of bc

1- unplayable maps are at afghanistan, and they are not that bad, i actually like them, some others don't but its all about realism, battles in afghanistan was that hard, its all mountains thats their life, u should feel like them to fight like them.

2- well, 3 words will answer this "its middle east"

3- merciless, mighty and this stuff are english and euro ppl, here u fight in the middle east i dont think someone will name him self in english, i don't even think they knew that good of english, and actually it isn't an issue that bc team made, if u played in VANILLA itself, u will find the arabs has arabian names cuz mainly, they are arabs at all.

tell me if i helped. and also tell me if not.

Civis

2) Iran has lots of desert and semi-desert terrain. While the climate is "temperate" in the sense that it's neither tropical nor boreal, it's mostly arid, semi-arid or mountain climate, and large parts of the land are either mountains or semi-desert to steppe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Iran .
    Therefore I have sailed the seas and come
    To the holy city of Byzantium. - W.B. Yeats

There's an old file which smooth out the battlemap terrain, may be you can search it using the keywords "smooth/smoother battle map Miraj".

While I agree difficult terrain is part of reality, no general would choose to fight a pitched battle in those rough terrains. Skirmishes may be, but not pitched battles where (I think) troop movement, resupply, and logistics would be very difficult. Come to think of it, most major engagement were fought in somewhat flat terrain (ambushes excluded). Does any one know one battle that's fought in rough terrain?
    Anri Sugihara

Click for more info

Thank you all for your responses, much appreciated .And i'l try to find that Miraj file.

i actually know one that just came to my mind its the battle of Uhud in arabia where muslims and qurayshes faught on mountain Uhud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Uhud

tbh, most of the battles in M2 are little more than skirmishes