Thread: A new holy empire, The Rise and Fall of the Teutonic Order.

Default A new holy empire, The Rise and Fall of the Teutonic Order.

Prologue, Part 1.

"Great Kaiser of the Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ, Heiliges Römisches Reich Deutscher Nation, and Supreme Leader of the Reich.

The pagan balts and prussians are faithful Christians now, ready to follow the word of God. The lands of Prussia and Livonia are under our full control, The Great Christian castles of Thorn and Settin are under our Christian rule, and the Christian city Breslau is also.

To the Northeast, the Livonian city of Riga has been made the center of our Administration, and a great jewel of the North for your great Holy Empire, Grand Kaiser, aswell as the port city of Tallinn, the Castle of Volmar, and the Castle of Vilnus.

Hochmaster of the Teutonic Order, Hermann von Salza, is preparing for a campaign in the North to take a pagan city in the north.

Also, our preists are creating terrible tremour by spreading Catholicism in the lands of the 'Rus.

But, not all is well. While we have great relations with the rest of the Prussian nations, Sweden, and Denmark... the 'Rus can attack at any time, and the Greedy Heretic-King of the virgin Kingdom of Poland is land-locked, and the only way they can get to the Baltic sea is through our lands...

We remain ever faithful to the Reich, and to Christ!

"

I've seen that lots of AAR's are taking the Story route, so I thought I'd join in.

Default Re: A new holy empire, The Rise and Fall of the Teutonic Order.

Fictional timeline: In my story, then Northen Crusade starts a lot earlier.

1111 AD: The Northen Crusade starts.
    13th of October: Teutonic ships land in Prussia.
    16th November: Thorin is taken.
    29th of December: Livonian ships land in Courland.
    1112 AD, 15th of February: Most of Prussia is under Teutonic control.
    17th of February: Rebellion in Breslau.
    22th February: Breslau is taken by the Teutonic Order, and declares soverginity over it.
    29th of February: Despite enourmous resistence, the Livonian Order takes over Courland, and Riga.
    6th March: The Cardinal of Denmark visits Courland.
    10th of March: After the Grandmaster of the Livonian Order refuses to pay a bribe to the Cardinal, the Cardinal declares the Livonian Order heretics.
    27th of March: The Pope, not knowing of the corruption of the Cardinal, declares the the Livonian Order heretics, and asks the Teutonic Order to eliminate the "heretical" members.
    10th of April: A massive imigration of Livonian Knights to the Teutonic Order, takeing away half of the Livonian manpower.
    28th of April: Battle of Pierlazi, the Livonian Grandmaster is killed, with most of members declaring allegience to the TO.
    20th of July: Riga, Courland, Livland, the Wenden Region, Pskov and Tallin is under control of Teutonic Order.
    30th of August: The Pope declares an end to the Northen Crusades, and grants soverginity to the Teutonic Order over the captured lands.
    12th of September: Because the TO has sweared allegence to the HRE Kaiser, a deal is made that the occupied lands will soon be transfered to the HRE.
    26th of September: The TO makes Riga it's capital, and it soon becomes a great trade center.
    27th of November: The TO strikes an Alliance with the Kingdom of Hungary.
    1113, 13th of March: A team of spies are sent to Novgorod
    20th of March: An alliance is stricken with the Danes.
    6th of May: Diplomat Wenzel Ritter reaches Vienna, handing the Imperial Goverment a message from the TO. (( The letter above. ))
    25th of May: The Pope declares a Crusade
    30th of May: A Papal diplomat reaches Riga, but he finds out the Hochmeister is in Tallinn.
    6th of June: A large army is prepared for an attack on Helsinki, which is a Nordic rebel city, not knowing of the Crusade....

What do you think about the timeline? I'l start writing the story this evening..

DUDE, lookin forward to it!
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Horton III View Post
    DUDE, lookin forward to it!
    Me too
    Watch my RTW commentaries here: http://www.youtube.com/MattofRome
    Quote Originally Posted by America
    Killing us just makes us stronger

I'm having problems with Medieval II, reinstalling it now, I'l try and write something up in an hour.