Thread: How have you guys made new units?

Default How have you guys made new units?

I was going through the India preview and I saw units in there that don't look anything like anything in M2TW . How have you managed to do what you do with out a mesh editor?

I ask cause the models are damn nice.

Default Re: How have you guys made new units?

The Mesh editor was released by GrumpyOldman, and I think another was released by someone else. We've had the masters touch of Strelac (the Ghulams) and Alpha (The Indians and other units) to both mesh and skin such units.

So what can't you do now ? Are entirely new units still not here yet?

All the current meshes as I understand them are heavy edits of pre-existing ones, enough editing to make them into brand new meshes (As the Indian's illustrate).

The one unit that our modders 'cannot' do, or are having trouble with, are elephants.

So what would you guys need to have cracked so you can make a unit from the ground up ?

I ask cause a friend of mine is going to teach me some modeling and such and If my skills are even half assed I might want to get involved in modding on the side .

Importing entirely new models is 100% possible. Nothing else needs to be cracked.

However, in order to create new units it really isnt necessary to build new models from the ground up. M2TW is full of body parts that can be put together to form new base models.

All we've needed to model is helmets, shields, weapons, extra armour bits and small attachments like quivers, knives and sword sheaths.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

The Indians were actually based on the Aztec models. But yeah, the mesh editor makes a huge difference. I can only imagine what the first couple factions would've looked like if the mesh editor was out then. They already look incredible!