Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Hardcoded List

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Hardcoded List

The settlement levels are core buildings - that will be hard coded I believe.

Someone has probably already asked this, but in regards to the 500 unit limit, does this mean that if you had the same unit in multiple factions but with different colour schemes and/or different stats, they would be counted separately (for instance, are the Mailed Knights all counted as 1 unit, or as 1 unit per faction)?

only as 1 unit
    its 500 entries in to the EDU

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

the same unit in multiple factions but with different colour schemes
    That is one unit, just different textures via the modeldb file.

...and/or different stats
    That is a different unit in EDU.

Can you have Crusades, Jihads and Warpath in the same campaign? And is it hardcoded to only work with the default religions (catholic, islam and great_spirit)?
    "Fusozay Var Var": Enjoy Life

Quote Originally Posted by K'Sharra the Conqueror View Post
    Can you have Crusades, Jihads and Warpath in the same campaign? And is it hardcoded to only work with the default religions (catholic, islam and great_spirit)?
    islam = great spirit
    Warpath and Jihads are one and the same just renamed and less restrictiv (warpaths can attack other great spirit factions)

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

As Gebilde says, islam is replaced with Great Spirit in the Americas campaign. It is possible to bring restore islam and create great_spirit alongside it (I've done that in my mod which is built off the Americas folder), but only one would be able to use to Jihad/Warpath mechanic.

So, in other words, no.
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Gigantus said there can only 3 naval export trade routes, can anuone confirm? I didn't see it going any higher than that.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

In my head, the moment they announce Medieval Total War 2 for Ipad, if that ever happens, the hardcoded list can go to hell.

That would prove CA a terrible lier when saying they lost the source code at the Australia office close down.

And by having the source code they could potentially not only fix the buggy elements left in the game, but also include the features that we all have requiered at some point, if so desired.

That day I would start a intensive campaign for them to release the code of the game that will not stop until they do it.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    That day I would start a intensive campaign for them to release the code of the game that will not stop until they do it.
    You have my sword

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

anyone know the hard code limit for stat delay in the EDU primary and secondary weapons? The time between attacks.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

I finally figured out the attack delay.

0 is not a recognized value. default attack delay is 25. Therefore a 0 entry gives a unit attack delay of 25.

So if you want a unit to attack faster ,go as low as 1. If you want them slower go as high as 200.

attack stat delay hardcode limit 1 - 200.
    Last edited by Valiant Champion; January 04, 2019 at 10:23 AM.

BETTER PIKES

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    I finally figured out the attack delay.

0 is not a recognized value. default attack delay is 25. Therefore a 0 entry gives a unit attack delay of 25.

So if you want a unit to attack faster ,go as low as 1. If you want them slower go as high as 200.

attack stat delay hardcode limit 1 - 200.

In the Third Age EDU they also use 0 and 25 as a attack delay!

So 0 equal 25 attack delay!

after more research it turns out 5 is the lowest number. i think the settings only read in 5s as i seem to recall somewhere about stat delay being measured in 5 millisecond segments.

what is the hardcode for skeleton compensation. i know for a fact 0.6 and 1.3 work as i have tested them with dismounted halbrudder animation, but i tried settings from 1.5 - 2.0 and the settings go default (1) (not parsed as the values arent recognized.)

cant find a list here of hardcoded stuff. so if there is any limits given for skeleton compensation can someone paste it for me?

BETTER PIKES

To be honest I'm wondering if 100 on stat delay is maximum. It may be that 100 is equal to 1/10 of a second. So that 5 would be .005 of a second and the of a second and 25 would be .025 of second.

It would be the only was to understand delay between attacks as obviously if 1 was equal to 1/10 of a second than 25 would be equal to 2.5 seconds between attacks which it obviously is not.

BETTER PIKES

Quote Originally Posted by baselhun View Post
    Gigantus said there can only 3 naval export trade routes, can anuone confirm? I didn't see it going any higher than that.
    The limit is four export fleets. I don't know about import fleets, but I think it might be four also. (Don't quote me on that part.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trade fleets.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	381.0 KB 
ID:	367365

I can't believe how many times I've answered this question. The problem seems to be that others are not able to replicate the four export fleets in their version of the game. I am using the Steam Definitive version and SS 6.4 with Bug Fix Compilation 1.2.8 (whatever). I also used an old trick that Gigantus gave out over on Steam for tricking Steam into launching SS 6.4 through one of the Kingdom Mods. In my case, I used the "crusades" folder. I don't know what else to say, but a picture should be worth a thousand words by now.

Yeah the game does the fleet stuff a little different depending on wether it thinks you are playing a dlc (mod folder is named like a dlc).

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Up to this day I am still baffled what the difference could be - there is nothing in the packed files of a DLC that referenced the number of possible fleets.

There is the possibility that Steam will allow 4 fleets while disk doesn't, I seem to recall a recent discussion that pointed that way.

Well, I should now state that since I fouled up my mod, I can no longer promise that the hardcode limit is 4 outgoing fleets. After I uninstall and reinstall everything using the new method, it may be that my mod will only allow 3 outgoing fleets. If so, then I might actually know how to get Steam to run your mod so that it has 4 outgoing fleets, but this method might require you to mess up everything in your mod folder (lol), so, I guess we'll see.

I cannot get MTW2 to work at all now, so I will uninstall it and everything else and then do a clean install of everything while keeping my mod files safely hidden from Steam before I dump them on Steam again in the dark of night.

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get it up and running again. One simple move of a folder and all hell broke loose. I had to uninstall MTW2 and Steam and reinstall both and then make a kingdoms.exe just to get the regular MTW2 game and mods to launch on Steam. Wow.

I tried the recent SS 6.4 install by Gigantus, but it only created an ss6.3 folder in my mods folder and there is no .exe or launcher for it. I tried different things from the Steam community, but they all failed. This is probably the third or fourth time a major mod I worked on died because of OS upgrades, Steam junk, no more CD trays, etc. etc.

The thing that baffles me the most is that the only changes that occur in a mod are all in the data folder, so why not just make that a Zip file and have it switched out with the original data folder? Not one Mod Manager or Mod Manager Fixer or whatever ever worked for me because they were just too complicated. Oh well.