Thread: Enjoying the mod - economic questions

Default Enjoying the mod - economic questions

Hello.

First let me say I am enjoying the mod so far. I always felt that CA makes their versions much too fast paced and almost arcade-like when it comes to managing and creating a Kingdom or Empire. This larger map and higher cost and other features slow things down and make things more stable an 'realistic' in my opinion. (I tried Anno Domini first but couldn't get passed having to wait 3-4 minutes between turns just to have to face the exact same rebel sieges each turn).

My question now is of the best way to develop an economy, since structures and units are more expensive, and cash flow more difficult to attain, I'd like to do it more efficiently.

As Byzantium I've used my Generals for minor expansion in Greek Asia minor (mostly the coast, I've also found that the range of Naval units and size of the map also makes sea lane travel very important, which seems to be more in line with the real history as well). I now have a little bit of cash flow and wonder if its better to invest in land clearances or in ports and markets (eventually I'll do both, but which is better immediate return?). I haven't gotten around to sending a diplomat to secure trade with the Fatimids but Its a priority.

Any general tips in making the florins pour in would be welcome.

Cheers.

Default Re: Enjoying the mod - economic questions

I always build roads first. You have to connect your empire, it aids with defense/offense as well as trade. My next priority is farms, you recieve the population bonus as well as added income. Finnally you should invest in trade buildings as well as city hall buildings, to aid in higher taxes.

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: Enjoying the mod - economic questions

Population growth is key. It has a large effect on trade income.

Don't forget to get your merchants out there.

And build the ports as soon as you can. Each port gives you a new trade lane which can easily bring in many florins.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification