Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: are we close to.......??

Civis

Default are we close to.......??

i am still 1.5 hours at work with internetconnection and usb stick on hand !!!

at home no internet !!!

will it be for today or ami a little too impatient ????

maks

Default Re: are we close to.......??

Sorry, not today. Very soon. Play testing beta, and while some of the team are doing that I'm doing some last minute rough and ready skinning / model improvements to improve the look of the slave and free factions (seeing that you end up fighting them quite a bit):

Chosen swordsmen:

Barb infantry:

and so on....
    Last edited by tone; April 27, 2007 at 09:26 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Civis

tone !

thanks for reply !!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggh !!

and this evening i am alone in the house !!

just to say that this mod is fantastic !!

i am hooked like hell .........what an experience !!

cheers to you and my ancestors .....the belgae !!!!

greetings from Belgium !!

maks

Cool models Tone!
    Will my New Barbarians free people be there also ?
    You know the warrors with clubs, single axemen, and hammermen?
    I love those guys for the germans and gauls that i saw on EBs modd.

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

Keep in mind that we are a team of perfectionists, and have gone through two full patches and about 7 hotfixes to get to where we are in the beta phase of testing.

It should be out soon though...:

Yes i seen that Good job thank you!
    that is alot of work.

are those before/after shots, or merely two different skins that will be in the patch? that first barb infantry looks pretty cool

No - all new units - the chosen swordsmen are for free peoples, slave/rebels and Gaul. The lower two units are different spear warbands for either slave or free peoples factions, I can't remember which.

Bear in mind that these are just skins I'm doing quickly to make the free peoples and slaves more fun to fight against...it was kind of a last minute thing we decided to do, seeing that you end up fighting them quite a bit. They should be all finished within the week (one of the other guys on the team is doing unit cards for them all) and then barring any major problems....

Play testing is looking good for the mod as a whole.

Once this patch is out there'll be loads more skinning and modelling going on.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

FICO!(the italian for COOL)

wow, those look excellent.

I cant wait for this mod but i also understand the fact you want it as perfect as possible! (im the same)

Cool models Tone!
    Will my New Barbarians free people be there also ?
    You know the warrors with clubs, single axemen, and hammermen?
    Not yet, but there are some big changes coming for the 'barbarians'... much more than just a couple new units...

YES!!
    Thank you!

Ravenblade's Avatar Semisalis

Those are sweet looking skins tone especially for only being a quick job
    Really is a good idea to add abit of variety to the slaves and rebels especially since they play such a big part in RS would be easy to not bother much with them but it would be rather boring after awhile to fight them so often if they where just plain gray skins like the original RTW skins

"Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent" - Dionysius I of Syracuse
    "We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Blackadder

Just a bit more appetite whetting with these (these are just some of the new reskins before release):

These are Celtic slave and merc cavalry units (OK, they're not on horses, but the point is to show some of what's going on...!)

Celtic swordsman unit:
    Last edited by tone; April 28, 2007 at 10:23 PM.

Ah very nice tone really like the shield designs your doing for these units. Look very good! Are you using any sort of reference material for the designs or is mainly your own creativity? The Celtic swordsman is especially good

"We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Blackadder

Some stuff like Osprey pictures, comparing with other mods, redrampant.com, other pictures of celts on the internet plus creativity.
    Some more "chiefguard" units:

Free people:

Slave:

Gaul:

German:

As you can see some of the other factions are getting improved at the same time.
    Last edited by tone; May 01, 2007 at 02:28 PM.

OK, here are just a few more of the slave and free peoples' units. I've basically finished all the reskinning of them that I'm going to do before this patch gets released. After this there's going to be some big changes.

Barb cavalry:
    Slave

Free

Merc

Pikemen:
    Free people

Slave

Swordsmen:
    Central European AOR free peoples' swordsman (Dacian influence)

And some of the other factions have been redone at the same timeL
    German:

Sarmatian (although this is only temporary until the faction gets a proper facelift):
    Last edited by tone; May 01, 2007 at 02:26 PM.

All these skins could nearly of done with being in a Free people/slave preview or something! Some great looking skins there tone. Especially like the chiefguards, German Swordsman and the Pikemen.
    Ill have to have a look at redrampant.com hadnt heard of it before i dont think but looks very good

Hi Tone !
    I hope that also your freepeoples as well as Barbarians for gaul and Germany
    are historical?
    Also are you concidering that fact that they were poor and used what they had? Will you have some heavy leather or cloth, or animal skins
    for these boys also?
    Great work! Nice skins!

Yes.
    These "chiefguard" and swordsmen guys are pretty much the elite units - some of the raw units were higher up the page. You've seen the Gaul preview...plenty of bare chests, leather, cloth and so on there.
    To be honest - as I stated earlier - these are a quick and dirty reskinning of the free and slave units. In many cases, because of shared models, some of the other factions' units needed a degree of reskinning too. These are by no means the finished article in terms of where things are going for the barbarians, but they'll make the game more enjoyable in the meantime. Basically, because there's going to be quite major pulling apart of the game before RS2, we thought it'd be good from the gameplay point of view to be up against some opposition that isn't a visual turn off, and seeing that free peoples and slaves make up quite a bit of the early opposition, we thought it worthwhile to do this so you get more enjoyment while we're at work.

There'll be plenty of skins, naked flesh and all that in the future!
    Last edited by tone; May 01, 2007 at 03:18 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast