View Poll Results: When will the Lions make the playoffs?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 10 season from now. Even a blind squirrel...

2 16.67%
  • 10-20 seasons from now. Yes, they're THAT bad.

3 25.00%
  • 20-50 seasons from now. They are legendary.

0 0%
  • Never. Seriously. The rapture will occur first.

7 58.33%

Thread: When will the Detroit Lions make the playoffs?

Default When will the Detroit Lions make the playoffs?

As a Detroit Lions fan on the eve of the '07 NFL Draft, I come to you to ask an important question.

When will this once proud franchise (I think we won some championships in the 50's?, I think they even had TV back then, that's what my Grandpappy tells me anyway) again return to the NFL playoffs?

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

Default Re: When will the Detroit Lions make the playoffs?

As a Lions fan also, I think it requires Millen gone, and a new owner, so maybe once Ford dies?
    Proud American

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Where's your "next year!" choice?

I would say anywhere between 7-15 years.

I voted 10-20, but I wouldn't be suprised if they made it in 7-10 years. I would be shocked if it was less than 5 though.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I think it's worth noting that I almost voted for the last option myself, despite not believing in the rapture.

Only the Lions could take WR's with top 10 picks in 3 consecutive seasons and still have it as a "need."

Honestly I don't care who we take in the draft, we need everything.

Only the Lions could take WR's with top 10 picks in 3 consecutive seasons and still have it as a "need."
    Falcons are in that boat as well.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Lions? Playoffs?

Well, it's not that ridiculous, I mean who in the height of the Raider's Super Bowl runs would say that this would be a team that hasn't broken even in like five or six years? In football, fortunes change fast. The Titans are another good example, they've pretty much just sucked for most of their existence, but after winning 6 straight games to finish the season they might actually have some success in 2007. Or Vince Young will be a bust.

Then, there are the teams that just seem destined to blow 2-foot-long sausage forever, such as the Texans.

So I give it 10 years. Improbable now, but not impossible if you guys make the right moves in the next couple years and take advantage of your suckage to get early draft picks.
    Last edited by Justinian; April 27, 2007 at 09:29 PM.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

OH MY GOSH!!! THERE ARE OTHER LIONS FANS BESIDES ME!?!?!?! TIS A MIRACLE!!!!

Anyways, the lions need to get rid of Matt Millen ASAP!!! Once we get rid of matty boy I believe we could start developing as a team. I think we should fire Kitna and get a good QB from the draft, then we need to get our team some experience. We got the talent like Roy Williams, but the team is so young and inexperienced... I think in about 5-7 seasons we will become a good team.

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    Lions? Playoffs?

Well, it's not that ridiculous, I mean who in the height of the Raider's Super Bowl runs would say that this would be a team that hasn't broken even in like five or six years? In football, fortunes change fast. The Titans are another good example, they've pretty much just sucked for most of their existence, but after winning 6 straight games to finish the season they might actually have some success in 2007. Or Vince Young will be a bust.

Then, there are the teams that just seem destined to blow 2-foot-long sausage forever, such as the Texans.

So I give it 10 years. Improbable now, but not impossible if you guys make the right moves in the next couple years and take advantage of your suckage to get early draft picks.
    Hey we made it to a Super Bowl in2001 with McNair, but we lost. Since then we pretty much headed down hill. Seriously though, last year was a step on the stair case of recovery, not a leap forward. Back to the lions, they just don’t have a quarterback. Without one of them, they will continually be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tco View Post
    Hey we made it to a Super Bowl in2001 with McNair, but we lost. Since then we pretty much headed down hill. Seriously though, last year was a step on the stair case of recovery, not a leap forward. Back to the lions, they just don’t have a quarterback. Without one of them, they will continually be bad.
    Pfft...all we need is a QB.

Those are SO easy to get. Let's just call up Indy, see if they'll send us Peyton.

But hey, CJ!

Let's just hope he doesn't break a collarbone.

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ajm317 View Post
    Pfft...all we need is a QB.

Those are SO easy to get. Let's just call up Indy, see if they'll send us Peyton.

But hey, CJ!

Let's just hope he doesn't break a collarbone.

Hey at least you have wide receivers.

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

I think the Lions will do good in the next few seasons. They're long overdo with the Pistons and Tigers stepping it up for Detroit.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

Is this some kind of joke? I mean really... the Lions? Playoffs? Ha!
    "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others." - Animal Farm

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams (RIP)

Patronized by imb39. House of wilpuri... go fightin' dubyas!
    Member of S.I.N.

dude the lions arent tat bad of a team
    first off the O line has improved a lot but the main problem to the last year's line was injuries.
    when they had all their starters kevin jones ran for over 100 yards
    they have a decent QB in Jon Kitna and their wide outs are amazing under mike martz
    their run defense was dominant whenever Shaun Rogers was in the game
    Cory Redding is a versitle linemen who can play both tackle or end
    Eddie Drummond is the man returning kicks
    now that they got Calvin Johnson, no one can cover their wide outs
    btw their rush offense is gonna dominate b/c CJ can block better than most wide outs and the free agent from the ravens is good and Jeff Bakas and Dominanc Raola are great
    and Foster dude we got from the Denver trade is good i heard
    The Lions are gonna use most of their remaining picks on CBs and Safeties
    if they manage to strike gold like the texans did w/ the rookie defense player of the year, forgot his name but a LB, they can have a greatly improved record.
    Im so sad cuz they lost Dre Bly
    i remember some games he played w/ a cast on and almost intercepted like 3 passes
    his the man
    he was just on a bad scheme for him
    Cover 2 isnt for any CB

Aren't that bad? We were 3-13!

I'll believe the o-line is fixed when I see it. Yeah we added some FA's, and we were injured last year but we've had a bad o-line since I started watching. (And Millen's FA o-linemen...well so far he's batted .000).

The defense is a mess. Yeah they have a couple good players, but the secondary...is a little scary (to us, not our opponents), we have no pass rushing defensive end in a scheme that requires it and we have a gaping hole at MLB.
    Last edited by ajm317; April 29, 2007 at 12:10 AM.

defense is our really problem but u gotta give millen credit for actually gettin decent o linemen tis free agency
    there is nothing for sure in a GM's point of view
    btw we were in the top 10 in the league in rush defense when Shaun was in the game
    Secondary and MLB is straight up garbage but im just hopin to strike gold in one of the million picks we have in the second day
    btw most of the games tat we lost were pretty close
    we beat the Dallas and most of our first halfs were amazing
    its just tat we suck balls in the fourth quater
    have u really been watchin the lions closely? i kinda doubt tat

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Man the Lions are garbage, no offence . In all honesty they will make the playoffs a few years after Matt Millen is fired, but God knows when that will happen. If they can somehow dig up a QB from somewhere they might have a chance, but honestly, another WR in the first round? I don't care how good he is supposed to be, you cant draft a WR when you don't have anyone to throw him the ball. Jon Kitna is not a good QB, he is a decent one, the kind that would do well with a good defense behind him, something the Lions also lack. Well if they get a good, young QB they should at least have a good passing attack with the WR's they have now, but that is IF they get that QB. BTW We are not sending Peyton anywhere .

Imma go ahead and say

NEVER

Only coz I am aussie, and

have...no diea what you are talking about...
    [SIGNATURE EATEN] ~~ Too Good For You!!