Thread: TW Turkiye

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Default TW Turkiye

Hello! I have been reading this area of the forum and I would like to congratulate and thank you all for the great work you have done so far.I am really impressed by the work that you have done so far.
    I have also loved the way that you have made the Turkish units and faction in general.I am the administrator of TW Turkey website and forum.( www.totalwar-turkiye.com) If you need any kind of help for Turkish units or faction please feel free to ask us and we will help you guys in every way we can.
    5000 Turks in our forum are waiting for this mod eagerly!

Default Re: TW Turkiye

I'm glad you like my new gods' work. Be sure to spread the word using the sigs in my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    I'm glad you like my new gods' work. Be sure to spread the word using the sigs in my thread.
    thank you for serving the ancient Turkish nation by drawing the models, we are going to advertise you because of this service!

Well, I am not sure what Mirage or Alpha's plans are, but an issue we had was that we needed a good way to differenciate in names the Close Bow and Regular Bow Horse Archers. We have read that the Horse Archers of the near east could pierce armor with their bows at a close range, and that the instances of their apparent ineffectiveness were when they fought at a distance.

So we've created two separate units, since we cannot code the distance to decide the damage. Right now what we have to differenciate them is the abbreviation CB and RB (Close/regular bow) on their unit cards. Can you think of a Turkish term that would be accurate and be able to be a prefix to "Turkomans" and "Medium Turkomans"?

For example, if there's a turkish term for armor piercing, or for close range, or skirmishing, and so on. It needs to work with an english term so that the people know what the unit is. What we could use is two Turkish terms distinct enough to contrast the close and regular bow units.

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Nizam,

I'm glad you like the mod. The Seljuk units are indeed a work of art and AlphaDelta has done pure wonders with them. We're very proud of it as it seems we're probably the first game ever that has depicted the Turkish tribes so well.

I'm very happy to hear you are advertising for us. Please do spread to the word. We're aiming to represent all the historical peoples of the medievel middle east in a creative but tasteful & historical manner and the Turks are no exception.

If you want to contribute specific ideas about the turkish factions please do so in our faction specific threads. And as Ahiga has mentioned above we'd like some help with some proper Turkish names to give our unique Seljuk units - albiet in an anglicized form.

Thanks
    MIRAGE
    Last edited by Miraj; April 26, 2007 at 06:49 PM.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

If I ever learn turkish, lol, I will join your forum.

However since that prospect is a little far in the future, I think I'll wait for an english translation or somesuch to come out (as it says on the front page apparently?)

Sinan's Avatar Senator

BTW Nizam.. do you have sources for original Seljuk names ? i.e names at the time of entry of Khorasan.

Teshikurler Kardesh.
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

I will post the names you requested asap.Please tell us if you need moreinformation about any other Turkish states like Timurids,Khwarezmians etc.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Thanks Nizam, do make sure that whoever you ask know that it should be names at the time of entry into Persia i.e they should go as far back as they can to the Oghuz migration. Salute !

BTW I'm not actually on the mod team, just to avoid any misunderstanding, but I'm sure your info can be used.
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye