Thread: Auto-Auto-Resolve?

Umbrisse's Avatar Civis

Default Auto-Auto-Resolve?

Problem:

When an AI army attacks me, the battle is automatically auto-resolved. When I initiate the attack and/or siege on anyone, I can resolve the battle manually (in the battle map). This problem is most pronounced when I siege an enemy settlement and they sally out... it gets auto-resolved automatically and I get my butt kicked (playing on VH).

I was able to work-around this problem by just invading the city after 1 turn (enough time to build a ram and some ladders). HOWEVER, I have led a crusade to Granada, and it has a large garrison. Immediately after I initiate the siege, they sally out - so I can't use my work-around.. I have nothing to get in with [other than my spies, but I hate using them AND it wouldn't even be effective with their huge garrison, my army is only a modest size].

I have looked at every thing in the config file and I can't find anything that would make every battle auto-resolve or anything of the sort. This problem did not begin until I started using 1.9 beta 8. Is there any way to turn this off? Any info would be great.

NOTE: I tried saving and reloading to see if they would only sally out randomly, but because of the large garrison, they sally out every time.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: Auto-Auto-Resolve?

You must be using Hotseat mode. That is the way hotseat is designed.

If you added hotseat yourself, then you need to undo the changes to your .cfg file.

Otherwise, if you are running The_Long_Road_Hotseat.bat. Use the regular The_Long_Road.bat instead.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Umbrisse's Avatar Civis

I'm playing M2TW with Steam.

Here is what I did to install, maybe I did something wrong:
    1.) Copied files over (added The Long Road folder and added files to data folder)
    2.) Made a copy of The_Long_Road.cfg
    3.) Renamed the copy to be medieval2.preference.cfg (made a backup copy of the preference file as well)
    4.) In steam I use "@The_Long_Road.cfg --io.file_first" in the launch options section.
    5.) I open up M2TW through steam (not the .bat file)

Also with 1.9 beta 8 (hasn't happened before, been using 1.8 and all 1.9 betas) it resets my settings and preferences every time I close the game. So I have to change my video resolution, audio options, etc, each time I open the game. I suspect this has to do with the hotseat thing as well.

I'll see what I can do with the hotseat when I get off work. Will I have to start a new campaign?

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

I don't think you'll have to restart your campaign. Never tried switching though. I only use hotseat for testing.

Hmm. Make sure you didn't copy/use the hotseat.cfg file instead.

Otherwise, you'll have to go into the .cfg files and turn off hotseat manually.

There should be something under a hotseat section marked
    playable = true

Deleting that should do it. Let me know.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Umbrisse's Avatar Civis

Got that turned off and everything works now. I realized that for some reason the medieval2.preference.cfg file was either not saving or not able to be overwritten or something (it wasn't set to be read-only, maybe it's a system option to protect cfg files I'm not sure). I just deleted it, copied the text to a text editor, saved it as a cfg file and everything works. All of my settings are how I like them, so I don't have to keep resetting them every time I open the game.

Here's to a good battle: