Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OiM: Total War full version - bugs and suggestions

Seth's Avatar Libertus

Default OiM: Total War full version - bugs and suggestions

Please report any bugs you find. Your suggestions are also welcomed.

Default Re: OiM: TW historical campaign - bugs and suggestions

I have 2 issues to report.

1. Gun powder weapons don't have audio, this goes for muskets and cannons. Is it suppose to be this way or is it my very own problem ?

2. I can't seem to start the campaign, I'm kicked back to the menu screen.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes same thing here cannons have vanilla ballista sound, and muskets have arrow sounds. I have not tryed anything with the campaign yet.

Seth's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Yes same thing here cannons have vanilla ballista sound, and muskets have arrow sounds. I have not tryed anything with the campaign yet.
    ATM there's a problem with these sounds.
    There is NO campaign, only historical and custom battles.

I'm getting a problem after I install the sound pack, now first when I installed the mod I loaded it up and everything work fine. Now after installing the sound pack I load up the game it comes to the loading bar and does nothing just stops? Was there a specific way you had to install the music pack?

Ok this is how I installed it, part1 I extracted to my desktop opened the folder copied the data and the batch file. Then I pasted it in the Rome Total War folder and it asked me to overite and clicked yes.And so I did the same thing with part2 and then extracted the music patch file.
    Last edited by Titus; April 30, 2007 at 02:58 PM.

Seth's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I'm getting a problem after I install the sound pack, now first when I installed the mod I loaded it up and everything work fine. Now after installing the sound pack I load up the game it comes to the loading bar and does nothing just stops? Was there a specific way you had to install the music pack?

Ok this is how I installed it, part1 I extracted to my desktop opened the folder copied the data and the batch file. Then I pasted it in the Rome Total War folder and it asked me to overite and clicked yes.And so I did the same thing with part2 and then extracted the music patch file.
    Did you install the sound patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Did you install the sound patch?
    Yes I installed it. I was testing it and its got to be when I install the sound packs.Because what I did was installed the sound packs then the sound patch started up the game and It did not wanna load at bar screen. Then I went into Rome Total War and I deleted the sound files from your sound packs and then started up the game and it loaded fine? So something preventing it from loading when I install the files. This is so weird Ive installed sound packs before and never had this happen does anyone else have a problem with this?
    Last edited by Titus; May 01, 2007 at 02:56 PM.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

i've a little thing to point out on bugs/suggestions:

1- descriptions for units are not wrong, but placed "wierdly". the short description a player should see when in custom battle get the mouse on the soldiers' UI is sometime too much long, and in some cases cover half screen. this is a normal description, not a short one.

2- i've get a look on names on data\text. partially surprised to see several misspellings. some name has been even written in cirillic alphabet. italian names for venice are almost all wrong - i mean, misspelled; i know you could be surprised of this, but in while in russian you write Андзельо (more or less) and so you transliterate Andzhelo. but the real italian name is "Angelo". if you like, i can give you the right names, and several new ones as well. as posted in another thread, misspelling errors cover german (english) language too, where, for instance, you can find Landver instead of Landwehr.

3- texture are great, and models very nice, but sometime colors are too bright. looks like there is no shadows depicted in the textures. this happens usually in yellow and red colours, who are sometime excessively bright and look unnatural. i'm sure they could be fixed.

4- the cavalry standard bearer (at least the austrian one) hold the flag wierdly; the model of the flag haste eventually insert himself in the head of the horse.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Mylae have you tried the sound pack to see if it works for you?

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

not yet
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Maxim Suvorov's Avatar Laetus

2All
    After checking the sound paсk we found that md5 checksum was different from original file. The archive is broken.
    New release is coming soon.
    Last edited by Seth; May 02, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Suvorov View Post
    2All
    After checking the sound paсk we found that md5 checksum was different from original file. The archive is broken.
    New release is coming soon.
    Thats great to no, so is this why its not working for me?
    Edit I see there is a new link to filefront is this the fixed version?
    Last edited by Titus; May 03, 2007 at 10:09 AM.

same problem here, i had the patch 1+2+patch archive, i overwrote the Data folder , then run the 2 bat file, then run the Setup, and now the game always stop at the loading screen
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Seth's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    same problem here, i had the patch 1+2+patch archive, i overwrote the Data folder , then run the 2 bat file, then run the Setup, and now the game always stop at the loading screen
    Did you installed the NEW patch? It should work.

yeah, things are fine now, great for a beta, i'm waiting for the full version
    merci et bon courage , mes chers amis Polonais
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Hmm, I can't get any historical batles to work - only custom and quick ones. When I start the historical battle, I get a crash to desktop (sometimes I get CTD when launching custom battles too)

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

dont forget to download the patch that enables historical battles,this is most likely your problem

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Aside from teh guns sound bug already mentioned I noticed another bug. The mounted units which use firearms doesn't point their guns to the target when they are shooting. I believe this is probably because of a missing animation. I waited anxiously for this mod and I really liked it. Polish winged Hussars kick ass! You've done a good job, I bet all of the mentioned problems can be easily fixed, only minor issues.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I have another suggestion guys, pls change the mod so it can use the "_mod: "feature

Default Ogniem i Mieczem problem

Hi there!

I have installed OiM (full RUSSIAN version, one file installer version) over a rtw bi (gold). The game starts normally, BUT when it gets to the main screen and I try to move cursor or push a button it freezes!!!

my os is windows vista

Any ideas?

Thanx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast