Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Into Hindustan: An Indian AAR

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Into Hindustan: An Indian AAR

And now, the conclusion of this Indian tale...

Seeing the Indians approaching, the impatient Muslim general moved headlong into the Indians....

The Indian archers are caught off guard and are stunned by the swift and heavily armoured Muslim cavalry, the longbows try to get in a few good shots...

Indian Javelin cavalry speed to the situation to aid their fellow comrades...

The Indian archers are overwhelmed and cut to pieces by the heavy cavalry as the massive Indian forces loom closer...

The Rajput Noble moves his men in haste to engage the Muslims....

Indian Javelinmen pelt the invaders with spears with little effect on the heavily armoured foes...

The archers are swiftly broken and begin to flee. The Muslim general commands his cavalry to charge the Indian lines...

Ghandara axemen bravely spring forward to meet the incoming horses, perhaps their axes will cut through the muslim armour? .....

The Rajput Nobles rush to meet the Muslim general, though they fight valiantly the Muslim armour is no match for the Rajputs...

The Indian javelin cav reach the battle and begin harrasing the muslims from the flanks...

Like an armoured shockwave, the muslim hammer and smash their way with ferocious momentum into the Hindu battle lines...

However, the Ghandara axemen on the flankss are still holding tight and they begin slow down the muslim momentum...

While their spear-armed cohorts brace themselves for the muslim charge...

The foolhardy Muslim general shouts "Allahu Akbar!" and cries for his warriors to slay the infidels - infidels formed in a solid spear wall...

At the flanks, the Muslims are surprised and stunned by the ferocity of the Rajput axemen and are cutdown and killed as the hindu flanks begin to collapse in on the overconfident Muslims...

Now the tide is turning. The Muslim charge has come to full stop. The Hindu lines have held. The muslim cavarly is now impaled and cut down upon the spears in a orgy of violence as the vengeful hindus bear down on them...

The Muslim commander is killed! A greedy man slain ironically by a lowly indian peasant!

The invaders are now panick stricken as the hindu forces collapse in on them.. they shamefully rout and flee the battle in terror!

The Muslims have been beaten for now, and hopefully have learned their lesson, never to return to this land - or will they?
    Last edited by Miraj; April 26, 2007 at 10:29 PM.

You know what I like about this? It shows just how savage and epic a fight the Indians are going to have to fight. They will not have an easy campaign, but by mass, muscle, and mind, they'll succeed!

Truly decisive and contested battle.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

HAHHAHAHAHA !!!! That was GREAT !

Thanks for the screens. So glad that guy with the hot pants died. (joke)

EDIT:
    BTW from these screens I get the impression that the Rajputs are kind of like ... have little military prowess.
    Last edited by Sinan; April 26, 2007 at 10:39 PM.
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan View Post
    BTW from these screens I get the impression that the Rajputs are kind of like ... have little military prowess.
    I didn't get that impression at all. Especially when those axmen brought down those armoured horses so swiftly! It only looks that way because I paired off the absolute most elite muslim cataphracts up against mediocre indian units. The Rajputs will be quite militarily effective, especially once the Elephants come into play...

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Cool. I loved the spear wall, do those spearmen get spearwall ability ?

BTW OT, is this mod purist ? i.e has to be historically accurate. I'll love it all the same, just asking to what degree you guys want to go historically?. I'm guessing you're aiming for reasonable historical balance but not a la RTR.

Indefinitely Banned

We're not historical purists. Gameplay and style come first. History is an inspiration and basis for everything.

And a spear wall formation would be cool for the rajput spearmen, though i don't think its possible (unless we make it like the european formation).
    Last edited by Miraj; April 26, 2007 at 10:53 PM.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Good finish to this battle preview!

oh dear lord that was awesome!
    india won.... without the elephants! definately goes to show that the Rajput States won't be that 'pushover faction' that just adds some points to ur score....
    hey AlphaDelta. ur playing the seljuks right? do u mind checking the Rajput Expansion? i just want to see how they're working out.

oh, and who were u in this battle? rajput states, or the islamic invaders?

cheers
    -indian_boy
    CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE
    for Total War Tips, Tricks and Tutorials!

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Thanks mirage.

indianboy... I'd say he was the Islamics, because the AI ran his archers ahead of his main line.

Indefinitely Banned

Yep I was playing the Muslims. And the Rajputs won't have such a hard time as this either... elite units like those Muslim cav are going to be very expensive and rare and the rajputs will generally face more manageble cavalry - albeit still stronger. Hopefully the spear contingents, archers + elephants will give the Rajputs that counter against the muslim HA and cav.

Indianboy,

The rajputs have been expanding aggresively because until now neither the Ghorids or Ghaznavids have had any units to recruit. I'm playing as the Ghorids now using the Afghan units. I'll tell you when i come face to face with them.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Awesome look into the Rajputs.

I so can't wait for this mod, only 4 more factions to complete, wow. AlphaDelta is a machine! Obviously there's alot of coding to do too but it's amazing how many quality factions have been pumped out.

BC = best mod evar!!!1

thanks for the info AD. seems like the Rajputs are powerful, as long as the enemy is unitless! but if the AI could defeat the player controlled units on the field.... seems like i'll be having a good time after release [insert evil laugh].

now, i must vanish again.... :whoosh:
    CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE
    for Total War Tips, Tricks and Tutorials!

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

fantastic...tx mirage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12