Thread: FA:TW - Orc, Troll and Dwarf units

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

Default FA:TW - Orc, Troll and Dwarf units

FA:TW has very kindly allowed me to use their Orc and Dwarf units in Moria:TW.

So, I'm starting this thread to showcase the units as I get them into the game and do some battles with them. One thing to note is the lighting in the pictures, obviously Moria:TW is set underground so the mod is playing around with changing the sky to stone. The first version of this (thanks MasterOfNone) is currently loaded so that is why everything is dimly lit.....

Anyway, first off a custom battle between a bunch of Trolls and Uruk Berserkers against some dwarves - I did this both to check the units had got into the mod ok, and also because I love the trolls......

The big green smashing machines watch the Dwarves advance:

The Dwarves march forward - firstly Longaxes and Dwarves of Aglarond, secondly Durin's guard and Shieldbreakers:

The mean green fighting machines charge....

muuummmyyyy......

'wot yus lookin at?' - interspeicies communication, Uruk Berserker style...

Trolls are simply beautiful to watch, the way they fight is brilliant. The first charge smashes into the formation, totally disrupting it with dwarves flying everywhere but very few (if any casualties). They then come to a juddering stop and start smashing people with their hammers, which is when they really start doing damage.

You realy get a sense of dread when you see them in the opposing army, and they are going to be very interesting to use in battles - do you use them to disrupt and then follow them in with other troops? Or do you let them stand there and smash people? That being said, if you ever come up against this many in one army in the campaign - well, you're in a world of pain......

Anyway, I'll post up some more pictures of Unit cards (thanks Zimoo) etc...

Edit - oh yes, you can't get these units working using the current FE release, FA:TW have given me additional stuff which isn't in the release. If you try you'll cause crashes!
    Last edited by Tacticalwithdrawal; April 24, 2007 at 03:56 PM.
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: FA:TW - Orc, Troll and Dwarf units

Those trolls are are awesome love the pic where there about to hammer the dwarves!

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Is Moria:TW another Expansion to the current campiagn or is it a minicampiagn?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Moria:TW is a one-man mod being made by Tacticalwithdrawal with the official sponsorship and support of the Fourth Age. It has access to all Fourth Age resources and is also being helped by other modders/modding teams I believe.

It has the exclusive right to showcase the Fourth Age Dwarven faction.

It is not a part of the Fourth Age build. It is a separate mod. But - if it can be done & if we think it appropriate - it may be included in a Fourth Age release of the future.

Being associated with the Fourth Age means we will insist on quality (and an adhesion to basic lore). This mod was sponsored because it was and is 1. a great Middle-earth mod idea and 2. led by a commited, quick-learning and mature modder.

I highly recommend you follow its progress
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

DWARVES!!!!!
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran