Thread: The Japanese invasions of Korea

Default The Japanese invasions of Korea

I WISH Ran no Jidai 2 HAVE......

The Japanese invasions of Korea (1592–1598)

The Japanese invasions of Korea (1592–1598) refers to two invasions of Korea by Japan in those years, and to the resulting conflicts on the Korean Peninsula. Kampaku Toyotomi Hideyoshi led the newly unified Japan into these invasions with the professed goal of conquering Ming Dynasty China. The invasions are often referred to as Hideyoshi's invasions of Korea. Seven Year War is also a term used in reference to its span. They are also known as the Imjin War in reference to the "Imjin" year of the sexagenary cycle.[1]

The first invasion (1592–1593) is literally called the "Japanese (= 倭 |wae|) War (= 亂 |ran|) of Imjin" (1592 being an imjin [= water — dragon] year in the sexagenary cycle) in Korean and Bunroku no eki in Japanese (Bunroku referring to the Japanese era under the Emperor Go-Yōzei, spanning the period from 1592 to 1596). The second invasion (1597–1598) is called the "Second War of Jeong-yu" and "Keichō no eki", respectively. In Chinese, the wars are referred to as the "Renchen (the information about the Imjin year also applies here) War to Defend the Nation" or the "Wanli Korean Campaign", after then reigning Chinese emperor.

Initially, the Japanese forces saw successes on land, but consistent failures at sea. Later, however, the Japanese forces suffered heavily as their communication and supply lines became repeatedly, and fatally, disrupted by peasant resistence as well as the Korean navy armed with the Turtle Ship. The Korean navy starved the Japanese forces by successfully intercepting the Japanese supply fleets on the western waters of the peninsula, to which most major rivers of the Korean peninsula flow. The Chinese military and diplomatic intervention under Emperor Wanli, despite being much too late and relatively small in size, brought about a temporary truce for five years and an attempt at a compromise; however, Japan invaded Korea a second time in 1597. The war concluded with the naval Battle of Noryang. All of the Japanese forces in Korea had retreated by the 12th lunar month of 1598, and returned to Japan after the devastating defeat against the Korean navy.

In addition to the human losses, Korea suffered tremendous cultural, economic, and infrastructural damage, including a large reduction in the amount of arable land,destruction and confiscation of significant artworks, artifacts, and historical documents, and abductions of artisans and technicians. The heavy financial burden placed on China by the war adversely affected its military capabilities and contributed to the fall of the Ming Dynasty and the rise of the Qing Dynasty.On the other hand, Japan, largely thanks to the artisans and artifacts that were won by the war, flourished.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...281592-1598%29
    Last edited by WTFM-GzZ; May 24, 2007 at 05:12 PM.
    Wind.Trees.Fire.Mountion-風林火山→http://wtfm.exblog.jp

Default Re: The Japanese invasions of Korea

Yes that would be very nice but allowing us to win the Korea war and move into China like they wanted to would be nice ^_^

You could infact create all of Korea, China and Japan and allow the wars to begin, though unless you made the Chinese and Koreans very weak the Japanese would be destroyed by the overwhelming odds XD

i dont think it be a good idea tho cause they want ot make it a japanese clan war.. how are you going to fight al lthe 20 clans.. while u got korea and china invading..? like i dunno it wouled be a cool second campain liek after u win and take over japan... then it unlocks a secodn campain in wich u control all of japan against china and korea? i dunno

That's what he meant.

I was thinking he meant the "expansion" if they ever decide to do something like that, it'd be a cool expansion. Much better than that totally imbalanced Mongol Invasion the original had, it's like they put no effort into balance on that game

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah. Blue lotus is a great mod and the only reason I don't play it is the low resolution units it has. With higher resolution the game would run better.
    But for the ones that want to play with Japanese in China it's worth of trying.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Yeah. Blue lotus is a great mod and the only reason I don't play it is the low resolution units it has. With higher resolution the game would run better.
    But for the ones that want to play with Japanese in China it's worth of trying.
    CHINA Ming Dynasty army still have power..and many many man
    japan cant win la ccccccc

japan vs Korea

I wish the cannonballs would bounce through the ranks, as they do in NTW at least in the original version. Why don't movies show how cannonc fire really worked? If you lob a cannon ball it will iether bounce along te ground or imbed istelf into the soil.. No explosions...

Quote Originally Posted by Gram -ve View Post
    I wish the cannonballs would bounce through the ranks, as they do in NTW at least in the original version. Why don't movies show how cannonc fire really worked? If you lob a cannon ball it will iether bounce along te ground or imbed istelf into the soil.. No explosions...
    boz that is TV SHOW...LOL

Last edited by WTFM-GzZ; May 26, 2007 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gram -ve View Post
    This effect is well done in the movie 'The patriot' with Mel Gibson. In the final battle of the film you see some connonballs bouncing in the troops, taking some legs and beheading a guy.

Don't forget that explosive connonballs existed. They were mostly fired from mortars.