Thread: Loading screens

Default Loading screens

Hi there...I just installed the new darth mod and it's really cool but the loading screens, although funny well...they are not so good heheh...

With that mod is pretty easy to edit your custom loading screens, but I was wondering how does that thing works in vainilla MTW II so I can get to those images and use them as template for my custom images.

Thx

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

Ralendil's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Loading screens

You can modify the loading screens easily

You have just to put the pictures in the loading_screen folder and rename them like:
    loading_screen_1.tga
    loading_screen_2.tga
    loading_screen_3.tga
    etc

When there's ONE loading screen custom, the game will use the screens you have put in the folder.

So if you want to use the vanilla loading screens, you simply need to delete the loading screen in the folder loading_screen of the mod you use.
    As the game won't find them, it will use the loading screens of the vanilla game.
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Current Mod for S2TW: Sengoku Unit Cards

Ic but what I would like to do is get those vanilla pics so I could edit them so I like paste mine over them. I guess they are into one of them packs or something.
    Anyways thx

I have modded my loading screens. Just delete the Darthmod ones, and paste your own in the data/loading_screen folder.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza de Oveja View Post
    Ic but what I would like to do is get those vanilla pics so I could edit them so I like paste mine over them. I guess they are into one of them packs or something.
    Anyways thx
    try this command with the unpacker (create a bat file in the folder where is the unpacker)

unpacker --source=..\packs\*.pack --destination=.\ --filter=loading_screen_*.tga --verbosity=1
    Last edited by Ralendil; June 01, 2007 at 09:51 AM.
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Geez! what does that do? I wouldnt want to break anything I dont even understand how works

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza de Oveja View Post
    Geez! what does that do? I wouldnt want to break anything I dont even understand how works
    it will extract the loading screens in the folder of the unpacker
    They will be extracted in their folder so it means you will get the folders (data etc..) and only in the folder loading_screens you will see the tga files, and only the ones with the name loading_screen_*.tga where * is a number.
    You will (normally) get 10 files. The 10 loading screen of the game
    Jean Rostand

Icon10 Re: Loading screens

woh! cool
    I will try that then..
    thx man!