Page 87 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3762777879808182838485868788899091929394959697112137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3733

Thread: SS Screenshot Thread

Default Re: SS Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gogolometro View Post
    I dont want to press you and be nervous.But the goth kingdom of ravenna was more roman than byzzies.Byzzies was not romans at 10 century...Ok feel free to punish me but greek is not roman.Roman mean latin speacker, religion tolerance and asimilation of all cultures.When died last gladiator in eastern empre and last charriot race was helt the eastern empire became just a feudal state with a basileos right?After Justinian is just a title like you clear write.I love to see greek ppl playing with byzzies, the most harder faction in all.And dont start to be flamable is just my opinion non biased.I can say I love the bisantine art and I consider the most important kingdom in 500-1000 AD who made feudalism to not look like "dark age"?
    Peace.
    I'm not angried, just interessed on this discussion. There was no "goth kingdom of ravenna". There was a Kingdom of Italy with Odoacer as its king and capital in Ravenna, and later an Ostrogothic kingdom in Italy, but Justinian took it. It was a Roman dominion, and Romans in the East were still "almost pure romans", as you'd say.

"Roman mean latin speacker, religion tolerance and asimilation of all cultures.When died last gladiator in eastern empre and last charriot race was helt the eastern empire became just a feudal state with a basileos right"

This things you state are wrong. To be Roman meant all those things in Antiquity, even in Late Antiquity and the Late Roman Empire. But the meaning of what was to be Roman changed. When the Empire was besieged by Bulgarians, Arabians, Alans, Slavs and Lombards, the frontiers were settled in what was inhabited by Greeks (Greece, Anatolia, Syria, Dalmatia) and so, to be Roman meant to be also Hellene.

Imagine you are a French and you invade Malta and create there a French colony that last almost 400 years until the continental France is invaded by Spaniards, Englishmen and Germans. After 400 years, Malteses would consider themselves French, and they would be the last free Frenchmen in the world. It's a bizarre example, but it fits in what I'm trying to say.

Take care!
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

I love your scenario, in this case agree.But to be sincere why is so important to be "roman"?:hmmm:

I love your scenario, in this case agree.But to be sincere why is so important to be "roman"?:hmmm:
    ¿Why is so important to be whatever you be? Because it creates your identity. Every man belongs of wants to belong to a community. And a nation is a very old and powerful one.

But to be Roman is even more than to be French, English, Russian or Zulu. To be Roman means to be a part of the great empire that ruled over Europe and part of Asia and Africa for more than 500 years. Very little can say so. What is more, to be Roman is to belong to a people that lasted from the foundation of Rome (let's set is to the mythical year: 753) until the fall of Constantinople in 1453. Almost exactly 2.100 years being the same political entity. Although there are evident differencies between the Empire of Augustus and that of Manuel Komnenos, there had never been a drastical broke moment, a crytic time, things just went on.

Romans defined almost everything of what we are today. Western culture is directly heir to the Roman culture, with a little add-on (Christianity, although its religious parameters are being lost, its morale and lifestyle still last in the Western world). Yes, Illustration twisted thinking and social concepts, but it was some sort of "get back to the beginning".

Take care!

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios Komnenos View Post
    ¿Why is so important to be whatever you be? Because it creates your identity. Every man belongs of wants to belong to a community. And a nation is a very old and powerful one.

But to be Roman is even more than to be French, English, Russian or Zulu. To be Roman means to be a part of the great empire that ruled over Europe and part of Asia and Africa for more than 500 years. Very little can say so. What is more, to be Roman is to belong to a people that lasted from the foundation of Rome (let's set is to the mythical year: 753) until the fall of Constantinople in 1453. Almost exactly 2.100 years being the same political entity. Although there are evident differencies between the Empire of Augustus and that of Manuel Komnenos, there had never been a drastical broke moment, a crytic time, things just went on.

Romans defined almost everything of what we are today. Western culture is directly heir to the Roman culture, with a little add-on (Christianity, although its religious parameters are being lost, its morale and lifestyle still last in the Western world). Yes, Illustration twisted thinking and social concepts, but it was some sort of "get back to the beginning".

Take care!
    I second that!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I dont want to press you and be nervous.But the goth kingdom of ravenna was more roman than byzzies.Byzzies was not romans at 10 century...Ok feel free to punish me but greek is not roman.Roman mean latin speacker, religion tolerance and asimilation of all cultures.When died last gladiator in eastern empre and last charriot race was helt the eastern empire became just a feudal state with a basileos right?After Justinian is just a title like you clear write.I love to see greek ppl playing with byzzies, the most harder faction in all.And dont start to be flamable is just my opinion non biased.I can say I love the bisantine art and I consider the most important kingdom in 500-1000 AD who made feudalism to not look like "dark age"?
    Peace.
    My friend greeks,armenians,syrians,capadokians and arabs among many others were the last "Romans"...Not only becouse the eastern Roman Empire never fell but also becouse they still had the Roman citizenship!
    Goth and other germanic tribes NEVER got a citizenship like that!
    In fact the Roman Emperor of Constantinople concidered the title of Charlmagne as Roman Emperor as ilegal!!!!
    The heritage of the Romans remained at east and not west!
    See the "byzantine"sociaty and army constraction and you will see the fact!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hm maybe is only national proud, maybe.I am romanian, I spoke maybe more close latin language than any other romanic except italian, I love the Rome and when I say Rome i not say next from 476 AD.But I can never say I am roman.Feel free to express your Justinian blood share.Take care!

Aegon's Avatar Libertus

I am of alemannic descent, I own you all...

Seriously, I don't see why this is so important. Rome ruled over so many people, most of europe, eastern asia and northern africa could say that they're "roman". Sure, the byzantines kept the traditions alive much longer but I think we can agree that they influenced all of them.

Anyway, can't you just go back to posting nice screenshots?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

my latest

Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; November 11, 2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

The dancing long dress cristian knight...+REP.

Very nice indeed.

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

thx for the kind words.

which one do you guy' s think is best?

Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; November 12, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

RAMPAGE KNIGHT(WIDE PIC)

Well regarding the whole Roman identity thing further up in this thread, I think you can compare that to what's happening right now in ''I never heard about'' countries like Georgia, Serbia, Montenegro and even Greece/Macedonia.

The problem is, since their modern state shows nothing to be proud of, they try to go back thousands of years behind to find some patriotism. Georgia hanging to their Medieval past (even tho it was far from glorious...), Macedonia/Greeks arguing who is the most hellenic (... welcome to 2008 please? Alexander died ing 2300 years ago) and the whole ''Montenegro is Serbia'' thing is totally retarded.

You can be proud of you nationality, but to me, there's one world, one country.

« There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it.

A politician who portrays himself as 'caring' and 'sensitive' because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't?

And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money - if a gun is held to his head.» - P. J. O'Rourke

Hesus- the first one

Giovi- that's a baller picture! If you get some other cavalry guy doing the same thing opposite him, it'd be a great 'clash of the titans'-type picture. What unit is that btw?

Quote Originally Posted by NoFrag View Post
    Well regarding the whole Roman identity thing further up in this thread, I think you can compare that to what's happening right now in ''I never heard about'' countries like Georgia, Serbia, Montenegro and even Greece/Macedonia.

The problem is, since their modern state shows nothing to be proud of, they try to go back thousands of years behind to find some patriotism. Georgia hanging to their Medieval past (even tho it was far from glorious...), Macedonia/Greeks arguing who is the most hellenic (... welcome to 2008 please? Alexander died ing 2300 years ago) and the whole ''Montenegro is Serbia'' thing is totally retarded.

You can be proud of you nationality, but to me, there's one world, one country.
    Nationalism is not a matter of Medieval Age, it was born in the XIXth Century and today it's in a prime position in people's thinking. Tell this last thing to ETA terrorists from Basque Country, in Spain. Tell this to the Irish, to Georgians, to Catalans, to the people of Bretagne, Toulouse, Wales, and all those countries that have been crushed down by a greater nation.

I'm not attacking you (now I realize that my words seem to be a little agressive, but that's not what I intended), I'm just saying that nationalism is very real, and can move mountains.

Take care!

PS: I'm so sorry for the off-topic.

PPS: Great pic, Giovi, really. How did you did this rain effect?
    Last edited by Alexios Komnenos; November 12, 2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: I forgot something...

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

i think you can finde an explanation about how to do the rain effect here :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190608
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

not here cause i use photoshop cs3 btw it's a lituanian khight

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmmm, nice effects aside, I just have one burning question...how do you remove the mouse icon from screenshots!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    Hmmm, nice effects aside, I just have one burning question...how do you remove the mouse icon from screenshots!?
    ¿Mouse icon? My Total War screenshots never had any mouse icon. It is "removed" by the game itself.

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

yeah that is the normal case with them...