Page 55 of 187 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3733

Thread: SS Screenshot Thread

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: SS Screenshot Thread

Awesome pic PowerWizard, I absolutely adore the title.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Just a few pics of my raign of terror on Lithuania and HRE with Istvan.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You my friend get +rep for the Istvan pics

midnite's Avatar Citizen

First pictures of a Eng vs Lithuania battle mimicing my own campaign as Lithuania where I am invading England.

The sheriff of nottingham and Robin hood have put aside their diff in order to stop the invading Lithuanians from occupying Nottingham. There were approx. 3300 English troop vs over 10,000 Lithuanians.

welcome

road kill

barbecue

converging on the town

defending the church

holding the line

last stand of the seargeants
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

Awesome screens!

Wish my PC could support such large battles, 5000 men in one battle is huge for me >.<

Senator

post the end results of that over 13000 men battle.

Damn, i'd love to have a pc like that, the battle looks freaking awesome.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

midnite's Avatar Citizen

It wa a great battle. Here are some more shots of the same battle.

memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Looks, awsome! But I haven't increased the units size since I think that would screw up sieges. I mean, how can my units fit on the walls, and the pathfinding would be even worse? Plus the battles would take too long...

Your opinion?

You must have an uber rig to play with that many units with high settings. It'd be nice if my comp could handle more numbers too. Though it's true that the sieges aren't designed for huge unit sizes.

Anyways, nice pics.

I starts to lag when it is 10k men on the field, but im pretty sure its playable with 15k at least, havnt tried though.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Actually my pc is only middle of the road. With upgrades and all I only spent about 500 us dollars on it. At about 10k it does start to lag but I was surprised that it was not too bad. I am going to try some larger battles and then I'll post again. Here are the last 5 pictures. I had to stop the battle to get ready for work. At the 4 hour mark it was still going strong( including pauses for screen shots). No matter what some people might say, CA did a fine job on the engine in order to have battles of this size, Mr King Kong also did a fine job with the mod. It runs very smooth for me.

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Great screens midnite! It would be amazing if my PC could handle that.
    It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

I just installed 6.1 and total combat plus realistic archery and stone forts by zuma. I had an awesome battle. Gotta say some of the new finishings moves are immense. Here is the aftermath.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

great shots King Xiao, are these pictures of the stone forts? If so, I will have to download the mod!

Turn 2, mongol turn, i'm khwarizm.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Per always, mongols have sieged the capitol. It's my first time as the K, so i figured i'd try and defending the king in his home rather than sending him away from certain doom. I have RAJ installed, so the mongols arrows are absolutely no joke. Several of my units sustained massive casualties over time just from the high arcing arrows. It got worse as the walls fell, wood cannot stand against rockets and trebuchets.

When finally the mongols stormed in, I had placed my scaracen mlitia each in schiltrom holding a street leading to the center of town. As the mostly cavalry army flooded in expecting a weakened and defeated army in their way, they found nothing but circles of spears. We held the streets for a full 15 minutes IRL, with spear militia coming down off the walls to reinforce as the saracens began to lose. The mongol infantry remained near the breaches in the wall launching volley after volley into my rapidly depleting infantry, eventually the schiltrom holding the central street gave way.

It is now that the king comes into play. The center is being overrun by heavy lancers, supported by massed archer fire. The king and the 44 personal men at arms with him charge directly into the preoccupied heavy cav, decimating them, then begins to push towards the openings in the right wall where most of the archers have stopped. Many mongol light cav are cut down, but the constant arrow attacks, and the swords of mongol infantry take their toll. I withdraw the king with 6 men left, he has been unable to push the infantry on the right outside of the castle.

At this point my turkomons on the left are gone. Arrow fire and charging cavalry broke them, and 44 were captured as the walls first fell. On the right however, is a nearly full strength turk unit with no arrows left. I charge them cirectly at the right flanks breached wall, and as you can see they carved their way through all the way to the holes in the wall before finally falling.

When all was said and done the city was still mine. A mongol warlord was dead, as was his entire army. Unfortunately, My relief force never made it, having been crushed in the field. There is no hope of defending the next siege with what's left. I have just enough infantry to schiltrom the streets. But no reserves. And the kings bodyguard has been all but lost, so no heavy cav. And the walls are already down. Should be fun

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

awesome stuff guys awesome awesome
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

to : Iscariott
    i love to hear the next events in that city but remember just save u'r king from those mongols and retreat him to the another city if u have one. if u could call jihad to any rebel cities near to u , u can be saved by the jihad army

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

From SS 5.1, or whatever. I do love this picture, and use it often when talking about the mod

Here's a few chosen pics from two of my campaigns.

It's raining fire.

my siege tower caught fire in a rainstorm... :hmmm:

A nice fiery sunset

King Alfonso of Aragon kills Doge Puccio of Genoa.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

nice screen shots
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator