Thread: SS Screenshot Thread

Amon Amarth's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: SS Screenshot Thread

hi Anthonius II ist only one pic...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Ok sorry then...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Amon Amarth's Avatar Libertus

Domesticus
    Artifex

I participated Picture Of The Week contest by this picture. It's very good in my opinion.

Please comment.
    Last edited by Goofy; November 17, 2009 at 07:37 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    OMG they are dirty...
    They look nusty...CC you have created a "monster" faction...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnKing View Post
    I participated Picture Of The Week contest by this picture. It's very good in my opinion.

Please comment.
    dude that's fantastic!! WOW!! No doubt you'll win the contest

Domesticus
    Artifex

I don't think I will... There were many many great screenshots alongside with that picture. But yeah, it's very good in my opinion as well.

I just made the picture "too much better" with GIMP by using the tool which improves the quality of the picture and now it looks like that.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Domesticus
    Artifex

I hope you understand, I had a very epic battle yesterday but I'm too lazy to upload the pictures, so they are attached now.
    Sorry, they're in JPG format so they're big files >> probably slow to load.

EDIT: The difficulty level was H/H.
    EDIT2: By the way, I had a really weird bug during this battle... the reinforcement troops didn't arrive before I had lost nearly all units of my army, and when it happened, it was me who controlled them
    Last edited by Goofy; November 09, 2012 at 09:09 AM.

KittySN's Avatar Senator

I see no bug. You didn't check the AI to command the reinforcement army in battle or check to command AI with Kingdoms feature so the army waited until it could replace your completely lost units. It usually takes anywhere from 15 seconds to a couple minutes to "register" the card space and initiate a replacement in your pool of reinforcements per the max of 20 units commanded at any time. If you lost most to all of your 20 card spaces at once, you probably got command of all your reinforcements at once as well.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Well, then I must be a fool. I usually do that, but forgot it this time.
    Thanks for noticing this.
    Great battle anyways.

I'll prob ass screen shot later but ugh i need to tell this first. The tutonic order just came in my campaign took kiev. But i slew 1 out of the 2 Generals. Then my reinforcements came from caffa and attacked the other general. I double flanked and it led to an opening to the general. I killed him but lost most of my horsemen. So I took my general zigzagging through the enemy forces. Their reinforcements have came. So when i got him to the back of my line the game freezes. I laughed and cried.

Horses eating English soldiers. Only pagans would have these types of units.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by pericles_plato; November 28, 2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Got nothing...

For once I was in the position of cavalry superiority with two men at arms + general against two jinetes, chivalric knights and a reinforcement merchant cavalry militia. And such was the outcome (+ archer superiority)

Men at arms killed 500 each gaining 4 and 3 experience while the general too killed 200 and gained 3 experience. The archers each got between 100 and 250 kills, and the fanteria peasantes got around 100 each.

The danger came when the reinforcing army attacked with handgunners, routing three exhausted fanteria peasantes but a cavalry charge soon changed that The peasante archers did pretty well in melee too.

I think Lion the Leper is the best name ever.

Time for a MELEE BRAWL!! My apologies for not taking very good screenshots - most of the time I was busy scrambling my general to and fro as units wavered.

So after being excommunicated (finally), I decided to teach the Papacy a lesson. Frustratingly, with spears aplenty as well as halberds, the enemy was a perfect counter against cavalry. Archers too would have too few arrows against the four thousand strong papal force. Thus, infantrymen were rounded up from Ragusa, Palermo, Tunis and Algiers then sailed to Rome within two turns. It would be a VERY bloody and close battle with papal/swiss guard unable to be routed leading to equal casualty ratios throughout the battle.

We line up as the enemy reinforcements join up. The Hospitallers, backed by Halberd Men at Arms, are on the left while Foot Men At Arms take the right. These are perhaps the most heavily armoured infantry on the field.

And quickly the neat line I'd made falls apart and turns into a body-mash. Already, the right flank is crumbling after repeated cavalry charges by the enemy general. The pope has fallen however, and another noble lord. At this point, my thoughts were, "Abandon the right, fortify the left," and so I did. If you note the casualty ratio, I've got the slight edge at 62% against 65%.

And now something like 20 or 30 minutes in, the right has almost completely fallen. The last foot men at arms are being slaughtered by one unit of swiss guard with just 30-40 men left. The other swiss guards were destroyed by the Halberd Men At Arms, though incurring devastating losses against them and the hospitallers. Meanwhile, the general is alone, his bodyguard having been slain. In the distance though, he spots some pesky crossbow militias and soon routs them..ON HIS OWN! Also note the 92% ratio for both the enemy and myself. It's far too close to my liking.

The "Oh f- me" screenshot.

There's just something scary about the words "swiss" and "halberdiers".

Fighting the last stand. Swiss guard were surrounded yet still...ouchies..20 of them have already killed 40 of mine. Oh and the general isn't fighting them - he's busy chasing some crossbowmen that got cocky again. What a hero.

The aftermath. Some of my troops died behind the original line where they rallied. Most men died on the former line beneath the afternoon sun.

The extended list was too blurry but generally: Hospitallers were the most consistant killing 300 each. One of the four however, fell after 200 - I'm guessing they were the unlucky ones felled by the swiss. Two of the Halberd Men At Arms found between 400-500 kills each, the other two, 200. The Foot Men At Arms, the gothic plated warriors, only managed 200 before they fell themselves. Many of them however fell into enemy hands for a short period of time as they fled. The general, not Lion the Lame but the Lord of Syracuse, not used to commanding armies, killed 200.

My thoughts - melee brawls are fun. In fact, this was the most fun and most tense battle I've ever had. I've had others ending with one unit and fewer men but this melee fest against enemies with locked morale, exhausting both combatants trumps them all. The ending speech sums it up even better - "It could easily have been us out there slain and defeated on the field" - no amount of tactical moves could've prevented the slug fest that left 6000 dead.

Oh and I had guard mode on for the beginning. Letting one unit rush out to be swamped was not good - they each HAD to kill at least 200 for me to even have a chance of winning.
    Last edited by meese; November 30, 2009 at 12:44 AM.

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

Mine of a Venicitian Custom Battle, its aso my POTW entry for this week

|Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|

Hi, SS 6.1 + RC & RR 6.2 + 2tpy Early Byzantium campaign.

Battle of Ancona. Decisive victory for Byzantium. Papal states power in Italy broken and Ancona captured.

Knowing that Byzantine forces are outnumbered, the Byzantine general arranges his army on a hill near Ancona blocking the road to Rome. The advancing catholic army must defeat the Byzantines if they want to recapture Rome.

Catholic forces charge upwards and a bloody fight ensues:

But resistance is hopeless! Victory!!!

Meanwhile the Fatimids attack Byzantine settlements in the east but are defeated!!!

In Europe Byzantium captures Bologna and Genoa from catholics. The Pope is killed and the ensuing peace treaty is catastrophic for the Papal states but they have no choice but to accept or they are destroyed!

How humiliating... Capital of Catholic church with only 5 % catholics and Byzantine garrison nearby!

And other screenshots of my mighty Roman Empire!!!

Last edited by Praefectus praetorio; December 07, 2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: 2more pics

Domesticus
    Artifex

I keep up the excitement and send only few pics at one time...

Edited by master Goofy. Do you like it?
    Last edited by Goofy; December 08, 2009 at 11:50 PM.

Cristibt's Avatar Laetus

This was a fun battle, I defeated Hungary after they tried to conquer Constantinople

Last edited by Cristibt; December 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Because you don't notice it in any case, I must admit that this has been edited.
    This is a very sweet one in my opinion. It's taken during the siege of Bologna 1301 AD.

Please comment. I'll probably participate Picture of The Week competition with this.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Praefectus praetorio View Post
    Hi, SS 6.1 + RC & RR 6.2 + 2tpy Early Byzantium campaign.

Battle of Ancona. Decisive victory for Byzantium. Papal states power in Italy broken and Ancona captured.

Knowing that Byzantine forces are outnumbered, the Byzantine general arranges his army on a hill near Ancona blocking the road to Rome. The advancing catholic army must defeat the Byzantines if they want to recapture Rome.

Catholic forces charge upwards and a bloody fight ensues:

But resistance is hopeless! Victory!!!

Meanwhile the Fatimids attack Byzantine settlements in the east but are defeated!!!

In Europe Byzantium captures Bologna and Genoa from catholics. The Pope is killed and the ensuing peace treaty is catastrophic for the Papal states but they have no choice but to accept or they are destroyed!

How humiliating... Capital of Catholic church with only 5 % catholics and Byzantine garrison nearby!

And other screenshots of my mighty Roman Empire!!!

awesome! The units are the Basilieon ton Romaion, (im sorry i butchered that...i know latin well, not greek.) so what submods gave you the faction oriented text and the new city and castle models, unit cards and portraits? it all looks so awesome! i wants it precioussss, yes...gollum! ...sorry hehe.
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; December 15, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."