Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136161176177178179180181182183184185186187 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 3733

Thread: SS Screenshot Thread

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: SS Screenshot Thread

Scotland's padded spearmen, click on image for a few more...

Last edited by paleologos; May 06, 2016 at 07:07 PM.

Nice shields and armor on those units!
    +rep

Some reminder of my earlier work...

To this soldier seems to have ramming him a bull, hehehe!
    Very nice screenshots!

I think this may be a whoopsie...

The models will be uploaded before Sunday is over...and after them come the archers.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Aragon/England

Castille-&-Leon

Denmark

France

Genoa

Holy Roman Empire

Crusader Jerusalem

Mercenaries/Spare faction

Norway/Normanic Sicily

Portugal

Papacy

Rebels

Scotland

Teutonic Order

Venice

Edit: The Upload!
    Last edited by paleologos; April 30, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

I am happy to report that the works have resumed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	en_peasant_archers_ug0_lod0_01.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	541.2 KB 
ID:	345683

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	en_peasant_archers_ug0_lod0_02.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	345684

I just tried SS for the first time recently and I really like it. Finished first large campaign on VH/VH with Crusader States but I will keep on playing, of course, I have 700ish turns left.

I'm sorry, link in the post above doesn't seem to work.

Well done, winning the campaign!

EDIT: Also great new models from Paleologos!

Personally, I would not go to war in those days without a metallic helmet and some kind of a shield as a bare minimum, except maybe if defending my home at very short notice. Even then I would rummage around if I had a few minutes for some hand me down armour - so I am not sure about the warm hats. Buying an old rusty helmet in the town market should be within most peoples' means, at least if they had enough of an earning that they could spare some of their time to exercise in arms. A second-hand helmet could be used as a flower pot at home, if you never ever needed it. Maybe that's just my attitude towards health and safety. Other than that, the peasant archers look really sexy, much better than any levy unit in practically any medieval mod. They put the vanilla levies to shame.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; June 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM.

@ Geoffrey:

I know what you mean.
    These models represent the lowest tier of catholic troops - peasant levy/militia - even those with spears are still peasants that were issued spears and shields just for the duration of the emergency.
    When I was making them I was thinking of people who were not expecting to be drafted.
    If you observe them carefully some of them can't even afford the warm hat.

The next tier will be urban militias - they will start padded and with helmets, some of them will have full length padded coifs and others will be given mail aventails.
    And they will still be lower than the feudal serjeants.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Some reminder of my earlier work...

These look incredible.

Very good.

You may also like what is coming soon in Titanium...

Download ready: Catholic peasants: levies - spearmen - archers
    Last edited by paleologos; July 25, 2017 at 03:59 PM.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Just recenlty started with SSHIP and I love this mod already! Played a few campaings mostly to test the game, first one as Crusaders... Gonna hate Fatimids

[IMG][/IMG]

Unfortunately, some time after this siege I got destroyed...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I love fighting 'religious wars', my current campaing is Leonése. I took Valencia from the Moors very swiftly, but they didn't like it and sieged Toledo. It was really epic battle, they had cca 700 men more, and they had some better quality infantry. At the time, Toledo was Citadel already, so it had three-lined defence - three walls, three gates. Since the Moors had siege tower, I deployed my men to defend the second line, I hoped it would be easier not to fight the siege tower, ram and ladders at once... After loooong time some archers breached the outer gate, passed it and marched alone towards second line. When they were near, still alone, my general himself attacked and before long routed them. But there were mamy more, hundreds of spearmen coming, so general went back to safety. Then the real siege began. This second gate was specific, because the wall was only from right side of the gate, from the left they could not put their ladders. But when they came, it was really hard to stand ground. I think it was about three 300 of Lanturna spearmen, who came up the ladders against mine 60 Sworded Mailed Knights and 150 Spearmen. I was just about to send all my infantry up the walls when I noticed the ram. I thought that I am dead. I had only one Spearmen unit and some Javelinmen left, along some missile cavalry and bodyguard. Outside the gates waited mostly spearmen, pikemen and two units of heavy cavalry. The gate has fallen and I have waited for them to come closer, just under the boiling oil. It really helps a lot... At the moment when the main muslim force started to pass the gate, my men on the walls were losing, I saw more and more spearmen coming up the ladders, even though they were shaken and wawering, they still fought, I had almost no hope. Then my men back down on the ground charged against the enemy under the gate, the battle down there was long and bloody and so was at the walls. Very few were alive on the walls, but the survivors had Leonése coat of arms and the heathens were running! My brave wall batalion came down to the main fight for the gate. Finally we killed the last man of Christian guard, last traitor serving the enemy was punished and it seemed better, so much better that we could go outside the gate. I decided not to, because our engineers were kinda dumb and they showered all warriors with boiling oil - even their own... At the time, we were winning the battle, we had 70% of army dead, while 77% of the Moors, (whose army was much more numerous) were dead. They attemted the last attack with all they had including full unit of pikemen and the Black Guard cavalry. Leonése general himself led the defence against both the pikemen and the horsemen, when suddenly - enemy general has fallen! Few moments later, last muslim units were broken and running as fast as they could from the tired, but courageous Leonése... The battle was over, Toledo was safe. Invaders were utterly defeated.

[IMG] [/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Soon to be released:

Well done! Very nice, can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Soon to be released:

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemgr View Post
    Well done! Very nice, can't wait!!
    Thanks, but making them is a less streamlined activity than I hoped or expected.
    I only recently was able to proceed with the padded upgrade of them.
    The first two in-game screenshots:

I'm playing Holy Roman Empire in Early Era Grand Campaign. Already finished all my requirements for domination but keep on playing as i really enjoy long campaign especially with great realism like what SS offers. What people said about 6.4 is finely tuned for marathon gaming is true. Very good dynamics where a constant battle is present.

Anyway, here's some screenshots from my skirmish with Moorish. I'm currently in war with them, The Novgorod and The Byzantines. Damn great times thanks for making this masterpiece!

Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 01, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Remember to use spoilers, that helps for clarity. Also note that Photobucket is not allowing 3rd party hosting with a free account. Please, use another hosting site such as Flirck or Imgur (there are many others)
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

My apologize, it seems that it's been years since i posted in a forum. Please kindly find the updated post below. Have a great war!