View Poll Results: Kill agents in your lands Option?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, kill those damn agents

36 85.71%
  • No, they don't cause any damage

6 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killing Agents in Your Lands

Icon5 Killing Agents in Your Lands

Should this be allowed? Give any reasoning if you say No because I need to know why I must beat you lol.
    Last edited by UhOhIt'sAnArrow; April 15, 2007 at 05:59 PM.
    The pleasure about a dream is that it's a fantasy. If it ever came real then it wasn't a dream.

Default Re: Killing Agents in Your Lands

I think that you need to click thread tools for your poll, at least that is what I have learned from other forums.

About the killing agents thing, if you ask if it is possible, it is not, and I don't think that it will be moddable either.

Now, I think that it should be possible, but only with certain agents. E.g If you play France, and an Inquisitor comes in your land, you wouldn't be allowed to officially kill him. You could assassinate him of course, and assassination is possible. The same goes for Ambassadors and Traders, you wouldn't be allowed to kill them, unless you were at war with the other kingdom, county( whatever), but killing Diplomats is considered a barbaric act and probably that is why it is not in the game. But, you would be allowed to kill priests from other religions, but in real life, it would be hard to find and recognize a priest from another religion, if he was hiding.

So, I think that it should be possible with some certain agents, but with a small chance of success. But again, I am quite sure this cannot be done.

It really annoys me when another faction who I'm at peace with walks armies through my land (no military acess) tries to spy on my cities and assasinate my characters, but if I use assasins to wipe out those agents (not Merchants, diplomats or preists, just spies and assasins) apparently I'm being all hostile.

MTW desperately needs a system of demand and ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Guardian View Post
    I think that you need to click thread tools for your poll, at least that is what I have learned from other forums.

About the killing agents thing, if you ask if it is possible, it is not, and I don't think that it will be moddable either.

Now, I think that it should be possible, but only with certain agents. E.g If you play France, and an Inquisitor comes in your land, you wouldn't be allowed to officially kill him. You could assassinate him of course, and assassination is possible. The same goes for Ambassadors and Traders, you wouldn't be allowed to kill them, unless you were at war with the other kingdom, county( whatever), but killing Diplomats is considered a barbaric act and probably that is why it is not in the game. But, you would be allowed to kill priests from other religions, but in real life, it would be hard to find and recognize a priest from another religion, if he was hiding.

So, I think that it should be possible with some certain agents, but with a small chance of success. But again, I am quite sure this cannot be done.
    Ah, cool thankx for the save there, +rep for you yay.
    The pleasure about a dream is that it's a fantasy. If it ever came real then it wasn't a dream.

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

yes kill those damn agents.

I'm playing Portugal right now, and I've got like 2-3 Moorish spies hanging around Granada and Sevilla (TLR mod) and It's annoying since my Assassin factory is in Oporto (not sure if thats right name), by the time they get to the spies, they have already infiltrated another one of my towns and I cant find them anymore.

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

Does that trick where you surround an agent with units then move one on top of the agent and he dies as he has nowhere else to go still work? Or was it patched out? If it still works you could use that and just say he was arrested and executed.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Please do! I hate those damn agents. On my last campaign, I had about 7-10 agents surrounding Constantinople. GET OFF MY LAND!! I tried to assassinate them, but it failed horribly - so only thing I could, is eliminate their faction.

Tiro

an inquisitor was trying to track down my King, so I took him out with my 8-star (or whatever) assassin Didn't hurt me at all either. I had no idea if it was gonna, but anything would be better than losing that king.

I believe the problem stems from an unstable AI. The game is made so all odds are against you in a sort. One of the games quotes is "the most disadvantagous peace is better than the most just war".

Heres what the computer will do. First like idiots, they start a war by get this "Blockading a port", what idiots. Next, you'll offer a ceasefire, even if you are ten times stronger then them at the bottom of the scroll it reads "very demanding". What the Heck! You start to crush them and then offer them to become vassals, I've literally had a country down to one province with their king and a few militia counteroffer me a ceasefire for 2000 florins.

Also, it never will accept military access. Another thing is that if your reputation is bad they don't accept anything. I offered ten thousand florins to a bankrupt nation for map info and they rejected it!

The AI makes bunches of spies and assasins, and they send them all to one or two towns. They kill their economy so they can send five spies to one city.

Hopefully in the next game you'll be able to kill enemy agents in YOUR lands. At least that would make up for some of the AI's instabilities.
    I eat because I'm Unhappy
    I'm Unhappy because I eat; It's a Vicious Cycle

Surround the agents with your military. Then beat them to death.

Two people voted "no", I would like to hear your comments on this subject as to why you don't think they should be.

And also i really don't see why, if your at war and they're in their lands you should totally eb able to arrest and kill.

I think the problem lies in agent spamming, something all AIs seem to love.

I've taken control of AI-runned factions and discovered like 20 spies or priests...especially the Italian factions. Any provinces neighboring them will get loads of spies and unrest, and there's no real way to eliminate them. Things only get worse when they discover assassins...

My fool-proof solution is to physically block all entrances into my cities/territories with armies(especially in mountainous areas) , but like the circle-trample bully exploit it's alot of micro for some agent trouble. I hope CA comes up with some better balanced solutions..

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Guardian View Post
    But killing Diplomats is considered a barbaric act and probably that is why it is not in the game.
    Unless he threatens your people with slavery and death, then you just kick him down a pit, and have a good laugh.

THIS IS TOTAL WAR.

300 references aside, I think this'd be a good feature. Assassins and spies of anybody, even your allies, that you see in your territory should be able to be killed - assassins can be killed by your guards if they attempt an assassination, and spies can be executed if they're caught in your city anyway, so why not allow it outside of cities? However, if you kill princesses, diplomats, priests, inquisitors or merchants should give you a reputation and relation penalty with everybody and declare war on the person whose agent you killed. Assassination, as long as it worked or your assassin escaped, would of course give no penalties.

I agree Joe. When cloaked agents like spies and assassins are discovered on your soil you should be able to kill them. Probably even without diplomatic penalties because naturally the host faction will deny everything
    Dunno about the legit ones though, it might be overpowered even with punishments. Killing inquisitors should especially disapprove the pope and might get you excommunicated.

Yeah, I think that if another faction sends a "bad" sort of agent - a spy or assassin - into your lands and you find out about them, you should be able to kill them without a diplomatic penalty. I agree that killing an inquisitor should hit you with a large relation hit with the pope and probably get you excommunicated unless he really likes you. However, I don't think that killing other agents would be very overpowered - is it really worth the rep and relations hit with everyone just to kill off a diplomat, or a merchant? Priests are a different issue though, and I haven't really thought about them much. Perhaps killing a priest would only give you negative relations to the factions who have the same religion as the priest you killed (but the rep hit would be the same), but it would give a bigger hit to those factions?

i voted no, because most of agents don't cause damage... if they do... then i kill them.
    I don't kill people that do not threaten me.
    If i am in war with a faction then i just look for a quick victory in war and again i don't attack agents as they would just cost me time and money to finish a faction i am in war with.
    I agree it would be great to have an option in this game to demand from other factions not to spy on you, cross your lands with armies and so on... there is much to fix, really...
    anyway... i don't kill, attack or hunt down what wont help me quickly win war and defeat faction.
    Sitarus Originalus Pontifex Maximus -30+
    Gen. von Sitar
    also known as original-30+
    Slovenci kremeniti!

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Does that trick where you surround an agent with units then move one on top of the agent and he dies as he has nowhere else to go still work? Or was it patched out? If it still works you could use that and just say he was arrested and executed.
    Thats what I do

I like to keep the area clean, the spyes popping around annoy me.
    Muahah, you just wasted 3 seconds of your life!

I moved the papal states up to "Playable" yesterday, just for fun, and I gotta say, it was awesome... Inquisitors popped up randomly after a few turns, and I just started wiping out enemy faction's leaders, princesses, diplomats that pissed me off, got my guys to 100% piety, then when the enemy leaders were all killed off I'd move in and kill thier last princes in a open ground battle;

Then I built after like 60 turns the first "Huge Cathedral" in Rome and got Theologan's HQ and OWNED the papal elections with my 6 Cardinals. There were open seats and I'd recruit a priest in Rome and later in Jerusalem (Whoever said crusades were disabled when playing as the PS was WRONG lol) and BOOM he was promoted to Cardinal at the age of like, 23. AWESOME gameplay, too, Swiss Pikes and Broken Lances with PAvise Crossbowmen alone owned on the Venetians and HRE (Who for some reason hate the Papal States and Are excommunicated in perpetuity) AND the Egyptians;

Like in one battle, four swiss pike units, four pavise crossbows, and two Broken Lances, against a full stack of Egyptians made up of Arab Cavalry, horse archers, and a crapload of infantry and archers; I deployed them so simply, and wound up killing the sultan in the midst of the Egyptian rout...

Then I started getting Inquisitors in teh Holy land too, and Egypt's guys started getting burned at the stake ALOT!!! lol fun times.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast