Thread: Dominance in english footie

Default Dominance in english footie

Obviously the dominance of chelsea and man united are bad for english football but would any footie fans like either teams to win the treble just to show the rest of european football that the premiership is the dominant league and the time of real madrid and milan are over
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Default Re: Dominance in english footie

I dont see how the dominance of either team is detrimental to the league at all. I think in fact it is the exact opposite. To beat one of these teams now you must be very good and raises to overall quality of the premiership. It prepares them for a European campaing and helps to promote the premiership as the best league in the world. Next season, Bolton and Everton will probably be in the Uefa cup and Pompey will probably end in seventh and get into Europe that way and will probably do quite well because if the quality of the English sides they face week in week out. And yes I DO want to see Chelsea win the quadruple, they thouroughly deserve it!!

I agree with you to a point, nothing would please me more than to see jose brag some more ( I love that guy ) I just don't want to see a scottish premier league case. Rangers and Celtic ,yawn yawn. mind you there are four clubs that could win our league .I just wish that football was like it was in the 70's and early 80,s with small clubs like forest and derby doing well and putting pressure on the big clubs. saying all that I hope any of the 3 clubs in europe get the champions league cup.just hoping that the toffees will do it in the next 3 decades
    and Future Filmmaker

That is very true, teams like forest didnt have be as consistent as chelsea and man u are today and perhaps it takes away from other teams being able to win it but I'm not to bothered, if chelsea win everything in their way for the next 20 years I'll die happy.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

at least utd play entertaining football
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

dominance? pft only because they 3 team this year doesn't make it a dominance. If there's 3 English teams next year, then its dominance

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

yeah I agree, always thought that ronaldo was just a bit of polish on a sturdy table but this year hes like 2 legs of the table. He's been absolutely superb ,havent seen a player who looks beating people so easily since okocha. Rooneys been ok too (grumble,grumble)
    and Future Filmmaker

hmm...well I see this year is English...next year maybe Spanish....next Italia...then might be German...Dont really care ...I just wanna see a game of entertaining football

I would actually say that Arsenal are the most entertainment, and would be top if Adebayor could finish (grumble)

Also, what about spain almost cetain to have the UEFA cup again after winning both trophies last year.

arsenal may have an entertainment value but their team doesnt gel together nearly as well as the other top clubs, which is bringing them down....i mean did you watch the game on saturday, where baptista and diaby were fighting over who took the shot, and then missed? they gotta sort that out if theyre gonna rejoin the top clubs in the premiership

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Melboy View Post
    arsenal may have an entertainment value but their team doesnt gel together nearly as well as the other top clubs, which is bringing them down....i mean did you watch the game on saturday, where baptista and diaby were fighting over who took the shot, and then missed? they gotta sort that out if theyre gonna rejoin the top clubs in the premiership
    Young cheap team, couldn't spend so much money on transfers due to the new emirates stadium, which cost some $.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

hunter260859's Avatar Senator

yes they bought a new stadium and old trafford is still bigger.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

I wouldn't mind the big teams always doing so well, as long as they didn't hoover up every single half-decent player in Europe.
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

A few years ago, you could have made the same thread about Man Utd and Arsenal. A couple of decades further back and I would be Liverpool and Everton, things change, and both Arsenal and Liverpool have the potential to be up with them next year, with a perfect season maybe Spurs aswell.

And the days of AC Milan and Real Madrid isn't over, the Premiership is currently the best league in the world, but regardless of which league is the best, the likes of the aforementioned teams, Bayern, Juve, Man Utd, and a few others always tend to be world class, they are superteams, and with their resources and traditions they will stay that way (yes Juventus ain't there now, but they'll be back).
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansa View Post
    A few years ago, you could have made the same thread about Man Utd and Arsenal. A couple of decades further back and I would be Liverpool and Everton, things change, and both Arsenal and Liverpool have the potential to be up with them next year, with a perfect season maybe Spurs aswell.

And the days of AC Milan and Real Madrid isn't over, the Premiership is currently the best league in the world, but regardless of which league is the best, the likes of the aforementioned teams, Bayern, Juve, Man Utd, and a few others always tend to be world class, they are superteams, and with their resources and traditions they will stay that way (yes Juventus ain't there now, but they'll be back).
    I'll agree that there is a shift in the quality of the football played in each country, many said in the eighties and early nieties that I talian football was the best and most competitive in the world, and that has not for sure changed and England is where its happening.

There is unlikely to be change in that any time soon though. Look at the investors in England in the last 3 years: Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, West Ham, Villa, Pompey, and Arsenal look set to be gobbled up by some big American investor. These are investments that are going to last and these owners are willing to drop millions of pounds into these clubs. I cant see football in any other country being better for quite some time yet.