Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The pope.

Centenarius

Default The pope.

will there be any connection to the pope in this mod?
    after all there are christian factions, will the pope order them to cease fire and stuff?
    will faction will be exmunicated?

And I also think that u should script christian faction (Armenia, KoJ and georgia) to allie with each other and work togethor, unless the player plays with one of this faction and he can do what he wants...then if I will attack (lets say im KOJ) armenia, armenia will be very agrassive...But they wont attack me first.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: The pope.

The Pope is out. He's finito. His presence shall be locked into the "historical events" scrolls where talks of European situations and KoJ spawns will be.

Yeah diplomacy is under construction. Basically the threshold needed for the Christians to attack each other will be higher. But it will no the case always. Georgia may indeed seek to beef with the Byz if they get past the Trebizond.

Centenarius

thanks, the pope was always a pain in the ass...

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    The Pope is out. He's finito. His presence shall be locked into the "historical events" scrolls where talks of European situations and KoJ spawns will be.

Yeah diplomacy is under construction. Basically the threshold needed for the Christians to attack each other will be higher. But it will no the case always. Georgia may indeed seek to beef with the Byz if they get past the Trebizond.
    I'm not sure about the Georgians, but Kilikia had a series of on/off wars with Byzantines that would normally start with Byzantine domination, but through ambush, murder or diplomacy with more powerful nations, the Byzantines would get kicked out.

There was much feuding among the Crusader and Armenian nobles, especially over Antioch, Edessa, Kilikia and Cyprus.

However, I think the Georgians became "Chalcedonian" in the seventh century, which made the Byzantine-Georgian relationship much smoother.

Georgian Knight's Avatar Foederatus

Yes, Georgia had several wars with Byzantines...especially During King George I (1002-1027)...It wil be nice to meet them again on the Battlefield...
    Fan of King David IV the Builder...

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Yes, Georgia had several wars with Byzantines...especially During King George I (1002-1027)...It wil be nice to meet them again on the Battlefield
    yes, but George I reighned in 1015-1027 , sorry....

---------

ar geckinos, megobaro , .... me is var, sxva saxelit rom telefoni mogcere

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post

However, I think the Georgians became "Chalcedonian" in the seventh century, which made the Byzantine-Georgian relationship much smoother.
    Georgia was Chalcedonian (orthodox) not from VII century but from the begining (451) but they obtained Monophysitian faith in the council
    of Dvin - in 506 year
    and returned into the old fauth in in the begining of VII c. under the Catholikos Cyrion I (599-614) who was convinced orthodox.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

tadzreuli... I wrote the date of his birth and death from wikipedia...

ლოლ რა უნდა მეწყინოს კაცო...

Jerusalem...East Georgia was Orthodox from 326 an West even earlier...

no pope?? that mean no crusades or jihads??

Quote Originally Posted by CelphTitled View Post
    Why Jihads? They'll remain. They're called by Imams.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Knight View Post
    Jerusalem...East Georgia was Orthodox from 326 an West even earlier...
    yes

east Georgia was christian from 319 (OR 326 OR 337) but not the west one . they received Christianity in 523 but the part of the population was christian from the I century not only in the west but in the east as well.

officially kings of Egrisi obtained christianity as i wrote only in 523 under the Tsate I (510-531)
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelphTitled View Post
    Like I've said before. "Crusades" will just be scripted army spawns based on game events.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    Why Jihads? They'll remain. They're called by Imams.
    And yeah Jihad are still there... only the Imams will have to be pretty high level to call them. So they will be rare.

Jerusalem...by the version of Georgian church...Kartli(sakarvelo) accepted Qristianity at 326 A.C...an West Georgia (Egrisi) by 325 had It Own (Saepiskoposo არ ვიცი ინგლისურად როგორაა)and episcope of bichvinta(ბიჭვინთა)was on Nickea church gathering (ნიკეას საეკლესიო კრება)...I Don't know maybe your information is more correct, My source is Book of georgian History X class...

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

One needs to understand that the byzantine policy in this period was that no matter where they were in the world, they felt all christian rulers were second to the Emperor. This includes the King of Armenia during the 11th and preceding centuries. Although known as beloved son and Prince of Princes to the romans (known as Shahanshah aka King of Kings to the muslims...) they felt they could interfere in whatever way they wanted, including bringing armenia back into the byzantine fold, because they were in christian lands (this is also before the huge demographic shift that began with the arabic invasion but really reared it's head after Manzikert).

The King of Armenia had his crown given to him by both the Byzantine Emperor and the Caliph of Baghdad.

Likewise, the King of Cilicia accepted a Byzantine and Latin crown.
    This means if any faction is going to be agressive in Cilicia...it will probably be the Byzantines.

yes
    bichvinta (Pitzunda) has it own Archibishops from IV century but they were
    under the rule of Byzantine patriachate and not under the native Georgian
    or west Georgian religion ruler's like Katholikos and so on. and mostly their
    inherents were greek population of Colkhida as well as georgians i think.
    but as for Archibishops of Pitzunda they were under the lead of
    constantinopolian patriach in byzantium and the almost all coastal lands of
    this time
    was under the control of Roman(byzantian) empire.
    yse and
    Book of Georgian History X class in very good source but for some times a
    little biass

Quote Originally Posted by kobi118 View Post
    will there be any connection to the pope in this mod?
    after all there are christian factions, will the pope order them to cease fire and stuff?
    will faction will be exmunicated?

And I also think that u should script christian faction (Armenia, KoJ and georgia) to allie with each other and work togethor, unless the player plays with one of this faction and he can do what he wants...then if I will attack (lets say im KOJ) armenia, armenia will be very agrassive...But they wont attack me first.

Sorry, but they'll be no Popes in this mod. You'll have to get over it and move on.
    The 4millionth greatest Adam in the world!

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

adam? again?
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Doesn't make any sense for there to be a pope, really. There's only one Roman Catholic faction. A better idea would be a way of managing the patriarchs of the Orthodox Churches somehow, perhaps by having the (orthodox christian) general governing Antioch, Constantinople, Alexandria and Jerusalem a bonus for liberating or controlling these faith centers. Moving further east, you could add in the Pre-Nicene Christians as a minority religion in the former Persian Empire, with their patriarch going to any Christian General, Roman or Orthodox, who makes it to... I want to say Baghdad?

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Wow.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast