Thread: Question about unlocking factions

Default Question about unlocking factions

I'm unable to save the changes i made to descr_strat file to unlock the other factions. I have windows vista home premium. When i click save it tells me that the file name is not correct. Please can some one tell me how to fix that problem.

thank you

Primicerius

Default Re: Question about unlocking factions

I had that same problem. Does it also say the path is not correct? Or, literally "Check the path and filename to see if they are correct" (something along those lines). If so, instead of going into folders in My Computer, click on the thumbnail. That should do it, or mine was a fluke.

BTW, is your computer and HP?

Yes thats exactly what it says. make sure the file path is correct. I'm sure it is correct. And yes i have a HP pavillion vista home premium. I have no idea why it is doing that. Please tell me how to fix this problem.

Thanks

What you mean click on the thumbnail?
    Last edited by Trajan; April 20, 2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

Primicerius

Well, mine might have been a fluke but one day I went into the descr_strat folder through double clicking the icon on the right side, instead of bringing up the list on the left. Suddenly I could save it.

Make sure your path is Program Files/Activision/Rome-Total War/Data/World/Maps/Campaign/Imperial_Campaign/descr_strat. If this doesn't work, try downloading that all factions mod I have heard of.

Icon14 Re: Question about unlocking factions

I have downloaded that mod, it's reall easy just a copy and paste job

Good Luck!
    "When God gives you lemons you find a new God..."

what the mod name?

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting in the Rome Workshop.