Hi all
    I am working to make the ATW map compitable with RTW 1.5

Here is what i know to do:

In descr_strat:
    1. changing all units from there to existing units in rtw
    2.Changing character names into one which exists in RTW1.5
    3.Deleting Mercenary Pools
    4.Deleting The scripts

Is that all or have i forgot to make a step?

Busy!!!

Default Re: Alexander Total War Map for rtw 1.5

I haven't got Alexander so don't know what all differences are.

You need to make sure faction names are same (if not change in descr_strat and descr_regions) make sure character names belong to right faction as well not just exist somewhere in list. If faction names are different revise in win-conditions too.

Check that the default rebel types in descr_regions.txt are available in both games or change them as well.

If it has religion in descr_regions (I don't know if it does or not) you need to get rid of the lines for that, unless you go through process of adding religion to 1.5.

Alex (don't keep abreviating it to ATW or you'll get answers for Arthurian TW which won't help!) also had some special features for leaders like individual portraits - if that is set in descr_strat you need to get rid of it.

Check general structure of strat, any Alex specific lines at top (like marian reforms type things etc) probably need to go. If Alex had any horde factions (dead until resurrected) that probably needs to go as 1.5 doesn't support hording.

Check you haven't got any Alex specific building names in strat. Check traits and ancillaries listed in strat exist in 1.5 (or just delete the lot for now, generals don't have to have any).

Overall I'd recommend really stripping down the descr_strat file to get map loading, maybe reduce to two factions and assign most settlements to slaves.
    Your placement of factions is probably going to be different anyway.