Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Checkpoint Charlie

Default Checkpoint Charlie

So lets round up the situation and short term aims ...

-LordC is working to finish Ireland ... and still working a bit on Wales ...
    -LordC is working hard to put his map to work ...we are working to put the mod to work ( we miss just the map )...after and only after we will add other factions
    -im working to reshape a bit Armenia , making it more interesting to play
    -im testing custom battles to reshape a bit all the factions ... regarding textures and values .
    i think all that will be finished in two weeks

what we have
    -all the basic factions , modified in many textures (ive used widely burrek textures and ive added his units , some of my units and alot of my textures )
    -Teutonic Order finished ( we will decide later if or not to put it as an emergent factions but probably we will )
    - Irish and Armenian factions almost finished
    -new strategic AI and diplomacy ( we will see how work the AI in the 1.2 patch and we will decide if keeping ours or pass to modify it )
    - new unit values and cost ( now we have "rare" units , knights are knights etc.... )

What we need
    -the new map at work
    -adapting the mod to 1.2
    -continue to retexturing some factions ( egypt , byzantium are screaming for justice )
    -adding the new factions ( Qiptchak , Serbians , Aragon and Wales are the next of the list ...)
    -replacing historically all the factions on the new map
    -some gameplay decisions

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Checkpoint Charlie

Is this just for the next release or future releases too?

we plan to make 2 releases maximum ... i dont think is fair to make versions 1.7 , 1.71 , 1.71b .... so while we make things we test them ... so the our aim for the first release is
    -new world map
    -31 factions
    -new strategic AI
    -new units balance/costs
    -many minor changes regarding gameplay

-armenia almost finished
    -Ireland almost finished
    -map under work

I bet that you guys know about that coming MTW II expansion?

Is that going to change anything in our mod? I mean that the expansion has Ireland and some other factions.

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    I bet that you guys know about that coming MTW II expansion?

Is that going to change anything in our mod? I mean that the expansion has Ireland and some other factions.
    ...at this point I would rather not think about the expansion. It isn't going to be available until the fall (5-6 months). Yes the expansion does have some of our new factions. However, the expansion doesn't have a "Grand Campaign" covering the entire map...so there are some differences. If anything, I think the expansion will help in the long run.

Hopefully it will not be too difficult to implement whatever changes into our mod after the release of the expansion.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

yes our goal is to improve the grand campaign experience ...

ireland almost finished ...and that make 4 new factions ready ( some minor skinning to be done )

this end of the week will be spent to eliminate all the little bugs in the new armies and tuning them ...we will restart next week with another faction ( qipchaks or Tolouse ? who knows ... )

Currently we are testing how the modifies that CA added in 1.2 affect the gameplay , what can be implemented or not , so we are working more on the structure of the game right now ... ive also made a formula to have different unit values

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Good to see your goals. Mods without set goals fall apart quickly.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

-the enlargement Armenia is almost finished with 3 new units.. still to implement the new units in the building file ... still to retexture and set better the meshes of horses ... banners and shields modified
    now Armenia is on the same level of Teutons , Irish and Burgundian regarding the number and quality of units .
    Sir paladin is working very fine on Cumans ... so i will soon join him preparing the faction and starting to implement the units ... so kipchaks/cumans are the next faction .

LordC have to - implement right voices for factions
    - remove some glitches due to the passage to 1.2
    - finish the map

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    - finish the map
    And give me that awful Region List

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

I can help you with the 1.2 adaptation

In fact it's easy

So you have to uninstall M2TW and to reinstall it. The you download the 1.2 and you unpack all (the unpacker is in the Medieval 2 Total War/main folder)

And then you put one by one all the folder you change in the new data (and you supress the old folder.

In this way you have the 1.2 AI folder in the data and the Dawn of Kingdoms modifications

Of course if you change diplomacy by your own it will be a bit different

I did that for my mod and that's good

Sorry for you but I can't work because the 1.2 adaption had scrasch our mod and we put 2 weeks to understand and to remake what we had lost

If you didn't understand because of my english tell me that and I'll try to be more "english"

our mod work ... are just minor little glitches lordc will take care of when back

everything is coming along very fine ... wemerged the mod with some features from "the long road" ( i repay them back with some textures ) .. so the overall strategy part is very near to be finished ... regarding textures and units well we still miss a big part of Aragon , some units retouching and army list retouching but nothing that will take much time .... we have still to make alot of UI graphic and alot of text work .... btw the mod is ready at 90%

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Fra_70
    I will be able to give you Aragon screen into one or two days
    Like that you will be able to see my work
    In exchange... you know

yes i will give you the textures anyway

+ rep for the great skinning and progress on the mod Fra70

Yesterday i created the faction "aragon" with banners and icons ...today the first couple of units ... in a week-10 days will be done and so will begin the last phase of the mod ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast