Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Laetus

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Well,the game will cover at least the period that the Vanilla covers.(1080-1530)

The unlocking of the units related to the Eras of the medieval periods.(Zeph's Eras and General Mod) is an important and essential feature to CAE.It renders the faction strengths and weaknesses indicated in the faction selection screen valid.And achieves the intended vanilla faction balances.

For instance,in the campaign selection screen it says for Spain:
    "lacks heavy infantry and spears for early period." According to vanilla and without the Eras feature.This quotation is meaningless,useless.

Because once you built citadel and armoury you will have access to heavy infantry of spain regardless of turn/year.(this happens approx.about at the year 1160 according to population growth and construction time)Or once you have built a military academy you will have "Tercio Pikemen" which is originally a late period unit,late period starts at 1360+.

The Eras feature see to it that factions have militaristic advantages and disadvantages in the Early,High and Late medieval periods.

However,your request is understandable and some other people have desired not to have this great feauture,so when I have time I will release a patch that you may play CAE without this system.
    the problem is (for me), not with many other fractions but only with the Teutonic order.
    It feels like they are underpowerd.
    there starting units are only a few (begin era).
    while others have already steady/heavy knights.
    So The era's are fine , only wanted to play teutonic with more power

but Heeee , Its just a question .... if you got some time to spend,
    loveyah if you could make a patch.
    if no time (or better to do) forget my question.

greetz !

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2 View Post
    the problem is (for me), not with many other fractions but only with the Teutonic order.
    I play the Teuton order now and definitely the "dismounted teutonic nobles " die like hell,after a single battle ,you have 12 men left .And it is not connected with level of armour as I suspect.Not a problem though.
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

I am aware of the Patriarch bug and it is a bit complicated to fix.Nevertheless thank you for reporting thoscme..
    okay, good.

It is strange that during uninstallation that according to what you say,it takes 1/2 of the game,especially animations,skeletons and stuff since CAE doesn't include animations or skeletons within its files.
    yeah, that's what i thought too! i was just uninstalling to see if it would help with the patriarch thing (i know, not nessesary, but i just wanted to do it..) and i accidently fired up M2TW, i was just going to start a campaign with egypt (vanilla) to see if it was the right faction for me, but then the message "please select an item from the list" pops up.. and i have no idea what's causing this!
    proud norwegian

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

there starting units are only a few (begin era).
    while others have already steady/heavy knights.
    So The era's are fine , only wanted to play teutonic with more power

but Heeee , Its just a question .... if you got some time to spend,
    loveyah if you could make a patch.
    if no time (or better to do) forget my question.

greetz !
    Ah..I see your point and complaint.Well,aren't you forgetting the Teutonic Heavy Infantry I think it's a pretty solid unit for the Early Period.And the Teutonic Order have them from the start.
    Also Teutonic Crusaders they are quite formidable.They never rout plus have 2 hps.Both these units are designed to crap the hell of Knights and available in the Early Period.
    Have you seen the full roster of the Teutonic Order in custom battle mode btw?
    Also there is an extra cavalry unit the "Dobryzn Knights" I'll retexture them soon,currently they look like knights.

Quote Originally Posted by felicissimus View Post
    I play the Teuton order now and definitely the "dismounted teutonic nobles " die like hell,after a single battle ,you have 12 men left .And it is not connected with level of armour as I suspect.Not a problem though.
    I have tried them against cavalry although they sustain heavy casualties they defeat cavalry.
    Note that Spear based units do not do too well against heavy infantry and infantry-typed units.
    However,I'll look into all the units of the Teutonic Order and run some tests make some tweaks if necessary.Statistically judging by their stats in the EDU file they are supposed to be great,but the unit performance is a bit complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme View Post
    okay, good.

yeah, that's what i thought too! i was just uninstalling to see if it would help with the patriarch thing (i know, not nessesary, but i just wanted to do it..) and i accidently fired up M2TW, i was just going to start a campaign with egypt (vanilla) to see if it was the right faction for me, but then the message "please select an item from the list" pops up.. and i have no idea what's causing this!
    As I said before really really weird :hmmm:
    Btw just installed the official patch v1.2 let's see what improvements CA had made.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 07, 2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: triple post
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by felicissimus View Post
    yes, that right, they die like little pussy's

Ah..I see your point and complaint.Well,aren't you forgetting the Teutonic Heavy Infantry I think it's a pretty solid unit for the Early Period.And the Teutonic Order have them from the start.
    Also Teutonic Crusaders they are quite formidable.They never rout plus have 2 hps.Both these units are designed to crap the hell of Knights and available in the Early Period.
    Have you seen the full roster of the Teutonic Order in custom battle mode btw?
    Also there is an extra cavalry unit the "Dobryzn Knights" I'll retexture them soon,currently they look like knights.
    The Teutonic in the first age , rule with there attack units.
    But in defence , they are lesser.
    They have 2 good units , the knights and the units with the axe, both are very good in shock troops.
    But when you must keep you army small (everywhere are enemys).
    Youre biggest concern is your defence(when the numbers of your enemy is bigger, lure them ).
    Well with this units its very hard.

AND YES, I saw them.... thats why I'm now playing the Teutonic.
    those units rule big time!

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Zeph,

Now that you have the official patch installed - are you going to make a version that does not alter the original files?

Thanks,
    EzE
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by EzE View Post
    Zeph,

Now that you have the official patch installed - are you going to make a version that does not alter the original files?

Thanks,
    EzE
    I played the patch v1.2 it's really great and that was just what I had in mind,I am definetely going to do that.(make version for v1.2)

yes, that right, they die like little pussy's

The Teutonic in the first age , rule with there attack units.
    But in defence , they are lesser.
    They have 2 good units , the knights and the units with the axe, both are very good in shock troops.
    But when you must keep you army small (everywhere are enemys).
    Youre biggest concern is your defence(when the numbers of your enemy is bigger, lure them ).
    Well with this units its very hard.

AND YES, I saw them.... thats why I'm now playing the Teutonic.
    those units rule big time!
    Ah I see the point maybe their defense needs a boost.By the way the game had been improved a lot with v1.2

Laetus

I played the patch v1.2 it's really great and that was just what I had in mind,I am definetely going to do that.(make version for v1.2)

Ah I see the point maybe their defense needs a boost.By the way the game had been improved a lot with v1.2
    Yes with the v1.2 ....the game is gone GOLD
    2 bad games , now a days get released when they still in beta.

But he, see it this way.
    Shogun was 1 of the best games ever, but had still problems.
    (kamakazi shoguns )

v1.2+ your final mod= a very very good game

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

As I said before really really weird :hmmm:
    Btw just installed the official patch v1.2 let's see what improvements CA had made.
    well, i really dont care, cause the game rocks with CAE
    thanks so much Zeph!
    proud norwegian

Default new units? future of this mod?

hi zeph!

i´m playing your mod quite a long time and its really one of the very best out there! so i´m a big fan of your work.

but there are some things that need to be included imo...

1. more burreks skins and units (swabian swordsman etc...)

2. titles and heraldry like in RTJ or Deus lo vult... this would give so much depth and definateley more fun... i think its the best mix to include that and keep the fast gameplay of CAE.

3. i hope you won´t include the big map from DLV, its horrible! you´re walking an eternity to jerusalem from denmark for example and it looks like the cpu don´t like it... :-) the loading times from turn to turn take at the later game more than a minute! and i have 2 gb ram!!

and my final question is: will there be a version that comes with an installer, which isn´t crashing the whole install of the game? and when? i´m looking forward to it!!

keep up the good work and thanks for this amazing mod!

s.

Default Re: new units? future of this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by spunkee555 View Post
    hi zeph!

i´m playing your mod quite a long time and its really one of the very best out there! so i´m a big fan of your work.

but there are some things that need to be included imo...

1. more burreks skins and units (swabian swordsman etc...)

2. titles and heraldry like in RTJ or Deus lo vult... this would give so much depth and definateley more fun... i think its the best mix to include that and keep the fast gameplay of CAE.

3. i hope you won´t include the big map from DLV, its horrible! you´re walking an eternity to jerusalem from denmark for example and it looks like the cpu don´t like it... :-) the loading times from turn to turn take at the later game more than a minute! and i have 2 gb ram!!

and my final question is: will there be a version that comes with an installer, which isn´t crashing the whole install of the game? and when? i´m looking forward to it!!

keep up the good work and thanks for this amazing mod!

s.
    hello spunkee555,thank you for your compliments and for posting your thoughts and suggestions..
    Well,I have good news that corresponds to your thoughts and your taste.

1-I know Burrek from the very start he started making his fine authentic,historically accurate textures for catholic factions.His permission type is free to use.His name already is in the credits for CAE.I have a good mind to fully implement his Early and High period,horse barding mods.

2-For my personal use I use some modified version of Dearmad&Pnutmaster's Blood and Bastards mod.Personally I think "the titles" is a must have for every mtw2 player.As I wanted to implement Blood and Bastards mod.I have already received permission from Dearmad and Pnutmaster to include it in CAE.

3-Thanks for the warning please post your views in this thread that discuss whether to use Bigmap in CAE or not:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97346

For now that issue is not decided,yet.

And finally maybe you know maybe not,CA's patch v1.2 enables the modded textures to be able to read from the game from the mod folder,instead of the game folder so I believe that will be included in the next version which will also be fully compatible(right now it's already compatible with v1.2 but some features are altered)with official patch v1.2

Yes with the v1.2 ....the game is gone GOLD
    2 bad games , now a days get released when they still in beta.

But he, see it this way.
    Shogun was 1 of the best games ever, but had still problems.
    (kamakazi shoguns )

v1.2+ your final mod= a very very good game
    Thanks EzE I hope I'll improve the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme View Post
    well, i really dont care, cause the game rocks with CAE
    thanks so much Zeph!

Thanks a lot thoscme
    You're welcome and hope it'll get better.

i do luv this mod but i think it is missing 1 thing titles for every province can u tell me if
    Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v1.9 by dearmad is compatible with CAE and if so how would i add this to CAE for my own game.?

Quote Originally Posted by Dislikes_The_Scotts View Post
    i do luv this mod but i think it is missing 1 thing titles for every province can u tell me if
    Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v1.9 by dearmad is compatible with CAE and if so how would i add this to CAE for my own game.?
    It is compatible except for one file which is the "expanded.txt" and "expanded.txt.strings" located in the data/text folder of bloods and bastards.And you will miss the Orthodox Patriarch feature of CAE.(they are the same file expanded txt is the unpacked version of expanded.txt.strings)
    After installing the CAE install all the other files of Bloods and Bastards over CAE except the ones I wroted above.Th
    ese expanded.txt and expanded.txt.strings files shouldn't be vital for the mod since it is basically the displayed text when you move your pointer over an agent or a city.

Ex: Danish Princess,Imperial City,French Cardinal etc.
    Also I have permission to include Blood and Bastards but since the patch v1.2 is out and there are lots of fixed triggers in the patch,I kind of wait for Dearmad to update their mod according to official patch v1.2

savvy all looks gd thanks m8

Quote Originally Posted by Dislikes_The_Scotts View Post
    savvy all looks gd thanks m8
    You're welcome. feel free to pm me if you can't sort it out yourself.

Laetus

hi zephrelial i sending u many pm and also emailiing u but u dont answer

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by pouya View Post
    hi zephrelial i sending u many pm and also emailiing u but u dont answer
    hmmmmz , I think ,...if you wait en see , you will get your answer sooner.
    "normal" people will be answer'd ,before the many email/pm bombers and stalkers
    Last edited by widowmaker2; May 10, 2007 at 03:43 PM.

Default battle screen

nice mod, but whats up w/the tactical battle screen. no way to increase speed of battle??? was this intentional or am i doing something wrong. I dont have time to play hours on the tactical map...please help...like the mod alot.

Default Re: battle screen

Quote Originally Posted by general_varro View Post
    nice mod, but whats up w/the tactical battle screen. no way to increase speed of battle??? was this intentional or am i doing something wrong. I dont have time to play hours on the tactical map...please help...like the mod alot.
    That has nothing to do with the mod.You increase the speed of battle just normally.Use "ctrl+t"And you arrange the battlemap options inside the battle from BattleHud and UI Hud.