Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: Clouds Across Europe is out..

Quote Originally Posted by raloszet View Post
    hi,
    thank you very much for your mod.it looks very interesting from what i have red about it.just a few questions before i install it :
    - do i need copy or move something manually or just run the downloaded file and it installs by itself ?
    - can i still play vanila after i install CAE ?
    - how can i uninstall (in some way which wouldn't harm vanila) it if i need to ?
    - how do i know at what era am i in any given turn ?
    - what that orthodox patriarch for ? is it works like the Pope for catholics ? missions,crusades etc. ? or it just a priest ?

thanks a lot
    hi raloszet.Thank you for your interest also.
    Here are the answers.

-It has an installer you don't need to do anything.You just run the installer after you download the mod.
    -You may play it.You have to do the following.

1-Open the following file with notepad:

location-Programfiles/SEGA/medieval II total war
    filename-medieval2.preferance.cfg

2-At the top delete the following line:

IO files_first:True

3-Save and exit the file.

4-Right click on the file,from the properties tab,untick the option:"read-only"
    5-Just run the game from mtw2.exe

You will notice that saxons and normans are made playable on campaign.To fix this go to your
    medieval2/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial campaign folder.

Find there the file:"descr_strat.txt" and change the factions Normans and Saxons from playable to nonplayable.Save and exit the file.

-The mod has an uninstaller you can run the uninstaller to uninstall the mod.
    -The eras are as followed and the units appear according to them.

Early Period:1080-1212
    High Period:1212-1340
    Late Period:1340-1530

-For now the Orthodox Patriarch act as a symbolical high level priest for the Russians and Byzantines as a counterpart to the pope.It doesn't call crusades or Jihads.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Zephrelial,

just to make it clear - if i uninstall ,i need to undo changes in medieval2.preferance.cfg and descr_strat.txt (the manual changes you have explained in your answer) in order to play vanilla like it was before CAE installation ?

thanks for your answers

Zephrelial,

just to make it clear - if i uninstall ,i need to undo changes in medieval2.preferance.cfg and descr_strat.txt (the manual changes you have explained in your answer) in order to play vanilla like it was before CAE installation ?

thanks for your answers
    No raloszet assuming you have the CA mod installed,and you want to play vanilla but not CAE you need to do the changes about medieval2.preferance.cfg and descr_strat.txt.
    No need to uninstall the mod and do it after.You may do it while the mod is installed and play the vanilla.

great,now it's very clear.thanks a lot !

ps.actually,it means i have to put back that" io" entry in medieval2.preferance.cfg ,and that's it.because there are no normans or saxons in vanilla's descr_strat.txt ...

great,now it's very clear.thanks a lot !

ps.actually,it means i have to put back that" io" entry in medieval2.preferance.cfg ,and that's it.because there are no normans or saxons in vanilla's descr_strat.txt ...
    well,I know but vanilla descr_strat.txt is overwritten by the CAE mod's it's prudent and best to back it up.

does this mod install into its own folder like other mods? im hopin it does so i can try your mod but i dont have enough space on my hard drive for 2 seperate game installations

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    does this mod install into its own folder like other mods? im hopin it does so i can try your mod but i dont have enough space on my hard drive for 2 seperate game installations
    Well it doesn't install into its own folder.So I suggest you to try it after I release the version of the mod that will be installed in its own folder.

how far away do u think u are from release?

Default Some questions

Hi,
    I was just wondering what map is included in this mod and if it the mod is compatible with v1.2 or 1.1?

Also, I noticed that there are so many smaller mods, is there one that includes all of them? And if so, can I install that while I have other mods installed too?

Sorry for the noob question, but I am a noob!

Cheers

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Some questions

Requiescat,

This mod is compatible with 1.2 but it does not make it's own folder. It overwrites the vanilla files. Zeph is planning on making a new version that will not overwrite the files but that is still in the works.

The CAE 0.95B includes al lthe patches and smaller mods combined into one.

The Map is the vanilla map. He is looking at possibly going to a different map though in the future.

Hope this helps.

EzE
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for your response, it answered pretty much all my questions at this point!

Default A question about editing CAE

If I wanted to write my own unit and faction descriptions for CAE, what files do I have to edit? and one thing thats bothering me is that there are no spaces between alot of the sentences in the CAE mod faction and unit descriptions so i'm probably going to try to fix that too.

...And I from Wallachia?

Although I think pretty far...

Default Re: A question about editing CAE

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    If I wanted to write my own unit and faction descriptions for CAE, what files do I have to edit? and one thing thats bothering me is that there are no spaces between alot of the sentences in the CAE mod faction and unit descriptions so i'm probably going to try to fix that too.
    Okay Carnifex for the unit description text you need to edit:

export_units.txt file in the directory Programfiles/SEGA/Medieval2 Total War/Data/text

For the faction description you need to edit:

campaign_descriptions.txt file in the same directory as of above.

Quote Originally Posted by EzE View Post
    Requiescat,

This mod is compatible with 1.2 but it does not make it's own folder. It overwrites the vanilla files. Zeph is planning on making a new version that will not overwrite the files but that is still in the works.

The CAE 0.95B includes al lthe patches and smaller mods combined into one.

The Map is the vanilla map. He is looking at possibly going to a different map though in the future.

Hope this helps.

EzE
    Thank you for explaining in my stead, while I was away EzE.The new version planned for the mod to have its own folder and not interfere with other mods nor overwrites vanilla is completed.
    I will upload it today if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    how far away do u think u are from release?
    Well,as you may know tonedog there were several versions released.But if you mean about the latest,last version.There will be always releases and the versions will be upgraded when the new stuff gets together,I will update.
    So Clouds Across Europe is a project that will not cease to be developed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    ...And I from Wallachia?

Although I think pretty far...
    I completely understand you very well my friend.I must admit it had been a long time since you had contributed the symbols and you are very eager for the wallachia to be feautured on this mod or another.And I appreciate all your nice work about the other factions,the signature you designed for CAE.I'd like to sincerely say one thing.
    When I started modding mtw2.I was completely free and had lots of time,however now I have quite a little time,faction Wallachia would have been completed 10 times now,if I had the time I had before.
    I frankly say again and insist Wallachia has the highest priority of a new faction that will be implemented,not because you want it because I want it to see it too.

Default English voices

Whenever I play as the Kingdom Of Jerusalem or as the Teutons, the voices are all English. Is this normal?

Default Jerusalem faction doesnt produce units...

Hey, this is a great mod but ive run into the problem where, playing as the Kingdom of Jerusalem, my castles lack the ability to produce any of the units they are supposed to...stables dont produce crusader knights, etc...I remember seeing a post on here about this same problem, but i dont think it got answered and i cant find it anymore. So how do i fix it so that the Jerusalem faction castles actually produce units?

Default Re: Jerusalem faction doesnt produce units...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99750

this the topic you are looking for..

you can find your answer in there..