Thread: Campaign dynamics , traits , balance and other things..

Default Campaign dynamics , traits , balance and other things..

My opinions ...

1)The factions should NOT be balanced ( so someone will be bigger and stronger and others little and weak ! ) , so the campaign can follow more or less a historic and realistic path ... for that reason we cant sacrify a realistic ( that dont mean "historic" ) 1080-1530 outcome for being pedant regarding the situation in 1080 ( or whatever date will be )... i prefer a reasonable , historical campaign with in all the key elements of the evolution in europe than the " but they werent there in 1080 but 2 years later , so remove them !! " discussions .

2) the factions SHOULD be different also , we will insert the "rare units" so some units will take alot of turns to be built , btw we can consider also to remove some units that werent used by this faction to force a player to rely on mercenaries if he want that kind of unit . OR some factions will be able to build some units later than others ( it was already a bit implemented in m2tw )

3) traits ...to be honest ive never watched a trait in my campaign !!! i usually tend to give governors to every cities no matter of what ( i think its more important a wise micromanagement of units and buildings )... yes i admit i watch just the stars and skulls lol ... but of course if someone of our team want to be dedicated about it its ok ... just not a big deal imo .

4) one thing is to learn history , another is to understand it .

Default Re: Campaign dynamics , traits , balance and other things..

1. I totally agree. While conforming to a true 100% balance, they take some of the fun out of it. But if you did do that, you probably would wanna redo some of the campaign winning requirements for the smaller factions.

2. Definately. It would also be cool to haveother factions available to those units when the faction that originally hosted them was absorbed. Thats one thing that always irked me and the only placed you could really do that was ireland and wales.

3. I think the original MTW2 setup never really included traits very well so thats why noone ever paid attention to them =( If you could incoorperate them from another mod (like dues or some other) that would be GREAT, but its prob pritty low on the priorities list.

4. Giggity

Thats my take on how some of the details should turn out regardless, its gonna be cool and these are just minor things to iron out

-Sean