Thread: Error on loading

Default Error on loading

I am using Gold Edition, and I know it should work, as I have played this before on Gold Edition, but whenever I try to play the game I get this error message:

Script Error in data/descr_walls.txt, at line 1349, column 34

Expected culture type, found egyptian.
    Any ideas how to fix this?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Error on loading

Yes, you need to read the instructions and follow them correctly. This is a common error - usually comes about when BI is not patched to 1.6 before install.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I had a different loading problem.When the credit screen comes i get this message...Error loading mount database and then another one saying ....Script error in bi\ci/data\descr_mount.txt at line 485 could not find battle model '4amount horsekoda'!!!!I have a gold version patched to 1.6!

Hi,

I have the same problem. First I made a clean install of BI (German Gold Version) then I applied the fatw_fe.exe install with the fe_patch_1_6.exe

when I run Forth Eorlingas I get the error message like Hyborian.

After that I installed the fatw_fe_1_9.exe patch and I get the following error:

Generic Error: Unable to find skeleton 'fs_fast_warghorse'

p.s. my versions: RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6
    Last edited by MiniMe; May 01, 2007 at 09:30 AM.

Ok Hyborian, I have the sulution. It's the "fe_mod.bat" file. On my system (I don't know so don't ask me :o) ) the instructions in the bat-file didn't work (esp. the xcopy - the most important one).

The solution:

1. make a fresh install (or delete the .\bi\ci folder)
    2. install the mod, but after the installation copies the files don't press the "next button"! You need to backup the "fe" folder in you "Rome - Total War"-folder (or simply delete the "fe_mod.bat").
    3. have a look in the "fe_mod.bat" and make the instructions manually

MiniMe,

I am sorry the bat file did not work. It should activate when you press the exit key of the installer. Can you let us know your OS and version?

However, a RAR is provided with manual installation instructions for htose who have installer software or bat file problems (see our main forums - sig link).

The instructions say that a 12-minute bat file does run so those who have this problem should be able to tell us what is wrong, though the only bat file error I have seen thus far is when someone did not have enough HD space for the files to copy.

It'd be good to know why this did not work.

I have Win XP Prof. Service Pack 2 and I found the problem. The system can't find the xcopy-instruction because there's a missing path in the environment variable of the operating system. If you use the xcopy-instruction there should be a variable called path and with the value "c:\windows\system32" in the environment variable settings.

that's it, I hope you understand my difficult explanation, my english is not the best.

P.S. the rest of the bat-file works perfect and yes it's executed after the installation.

Pal, the link in your sig leads to SCC, not fa.org.

MiniMe,

Many people have Win XP Pro (Service pack 2) - myself included - and have not had any problem. Was your copy corrupted somehow and in need of a repair? But good you found it!

Thx Arakorn - will change!

Icon11 Re: Error on loading

hi,

I have followed the instructions given by various people as I was experiencing the same problems. I have carried out the instructions in the .bat file manually. The game now runs, I can enter the menus and set up battles, the game crashes when these are started. Also the normal BI loading screen appears

can any one help me? I'd love to play this mod

PS I have a clean BI 1.6 installed

Please be a bit more specific. Tell us *in detail* what you did.