Thread: Are there ANY battles in EUIII?

Tajir's Avatar Vicarius

Default Are there ANY battles in EUIII?

Hello, after paying well over $700 for a new computer, then returning it and paying a $100 re-stocking fee and getting a new one, my M2TW game is just bugging up right to left, and its really scratched up.

I'm putting that aside, anyhow, because the micro-management just isn't there.

I've looked into Civilization IV, my runner up for game to buy this week.

But, as never seeing any screenshots of battles in both Civ4 and EU3, I'm wondering of either games have battles.

If so, please post screenshots of EU3 battles. And secondly, can you go through a list of features in the game.

Thanks a lot.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: Are there ANY battles in EUIII?

Battles are completely abstract in EUIII, the campaign is where the meat is.

Battles are basically autocalc-ed.

Personally, I prefer EUII, but a patch was recently released for EUIII...so hm...

Tajir's Avatar Vicarius

Wow. A game without battles. Man, how am I going to live without my battles?

Are there battles in Civ4?

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Very limited, basically the same in EUIII (as in the results are pre-determined) but you get to see a basic graphic as to what is happening. If you are after battles and strategy, then the TW series of games is it, I'm afraid.

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Not really. There's Supreme Commander. But it's a farcry from the Total War games. I'm afraid Creative Assembly has cornered the market when it comes to grand strategy games in Total War-style. Except for Imperial Glory, but like EUIII and CivIV, the real good stuff of Imperial Glory is in the campaign. The battles are... unsatisfactory.

Battle for Middle Earth II has a "War of the Ring" mode that's... kind of like a Total War game. But not really.
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahir View Post
    Wow. A game without battles. Man, how am I going to live without my battles?

Are there battles in Civ4?
    Eh, I'd really have no battles and an epic campaign than mediocre of both...

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Eh, I'd really have no battles and an epic campaign than mediocre of both...
    amen, lol.

There are no battles in Civ 4 or any other game... guess you have to just play MTW and Rome.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.