Thread: [RTW AAR] My German Reich

Default [RTW AAR] My German Reich

This is my first time posting here, dont og so hard.

Playing on H/H

Goals are for my empire
    1. Getting back German lands
    2. Creating a strong warband armies throughout the empire
    3. Get good trade and allies.
    4. Making a strong navy, and taking over British Isles.
    5. Get a good economy throughout the land.
    6. Make every settlement expand to atleast 2000 people
    7. Taking out the balkans
    8. Getting Rome

Default Re: My German Reich

ok didnt get pictures for the first turns got back bordering lands.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Last edited by Illyrians; April 11, 2007 at 05:31 PM.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Nor sure what a Albanian flag (in the link) got to do with RTW..lol
    Looks like you're doing alright anyways

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Nor sure what a Albanian flag (in the link) got to do with RTW..lol
    Looks like you're doing alright anyways
    ya i was going to use that as a avatar but got to lazy. ill change it

4toedfeet's Avatar Libertus

looks good

:tacticalw

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

nice, i have started playing extened greek mod, nd i love the new big map. Goes all the way to the indus river.
    Ne way i love playin as the germans, i always want to find a WW1 mod so i can play as them.
    Legate to the Legio I Latina
    Grand Master of the Order of New Templar's

Hellmut34's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    nice, i have started playing extened greek mod, nd i love the new big map. Goes all the way to the indus river.
    Ne way i love playin as the germans, i always want to find a WW1 mod so i can play as them.

Yeah we all want a mod like that.......don't think it will happen though.

Your doing well in your campaign by the way, i managed to take all of gaul as well + most of the eastern european territories.

Then you start to run into bother.........shan't tell you why, it's for you to find out.

A little maiming never hurt anybody

4toedfeet's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    You do not need a mod for that, there are plenty of World War games out there.

:tacticalw

HAHA! My Germanic empire has this one beat. I have all of Europe (including the British Isles) except for Greece (I have some of it), Italy (I have some of it), and Spain. I've taken out the Scythians and Britons completely and reduced the Gauls to one city. Most of this was done in a period of three days. Unfortunately, I installed the SPQR mod yesterday and the campaigns I had saved in Vanilla won't work. I'll probably do a new one as the Germans sometime soon but for now I'm playing the Romans on that mod.

I'll stop bragging now.

One question though: how can you take back German lands in RTW when A) Germany and Germans don't exist (these are Germanians from Germania, two different things) and B) the Germanians never really got far past the Rhine.

Quote Originally Posted by Math Blaster View Post
    HAHA! My Germanic empire has this one beat. I have all of Europe (including the British Isles) except for Greece (I have some of it), Italy (I have some of it), and Spain. I've taken out the Scythians and Britons completely and reduced the Gauls to one city. Most of this was done in a period of three days. Unfortunately, I installed the SPQR mod yesterday and the campaigns I had saved in Vanilla won't work. I'll probably do a new one as the Germans sometime soon but for now I'm playing the Romans on that mod.

I'll stop bragging now.

One question though: how can you take back German lands in RTW when A) Germany and Germans don't exist (these are Germanians from Germania, two different things) and B) the Germanians never really got far past the Rhine.

I dont have any docks/ports yet so i cant get british isles. and A you know what i mean.

just dont like how germans cant expand further.

one settlement under attack.

im lucky they didnt have archers.
    I use the wall and make my spear warband i attracted them with my general and got them good. those chariots massacred my axeman.

|
    ---------|-------Thats the settlements walls
    ^^ |
    spear warband |
    |
    |
    |

anyways you guys have any ideas for my next move?

any tips for germany?

thanks for posting.

The Scythians are pushovers, you could take them out. It'll help your income and give you a frontier in case your core cities get taken.

ya scythians are pretty easy, my warband armies will do tons of damage to there weak infantry and there chariats are rather easy to defeat. Macedon seems like there going to be a challenge cause there phalanx are stronger then my warband phalanx, i guess i have to use cavalry.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

My advice would be finish Britishs and occupy Britainia first, then march into Gaul and North Italy.

The land of Scythia is poor, occupy them would not give you much benefit. Besides that, Scythians are always busy about their own rebels.

Macedon also out of option because you don't want to see a strong Brutii force, let these two kill eachothers and you clean the mess afterward.

However, it is a good idea to finish BOTH Thracian and Dacian together for your Balkan adventure. Since Thracian always invade Dacia, it is good to take them both or don't even touch them.