Thread: Some Thoughts from an Avid Fan (please read)

Default Some Thoughts from an Avid Fan (please read)

Is it possible to program the game so you can build more Settlements/Castles in a region DURING play. or is the game limited to just 1 and not both in a single region?

BTW, been playing this mod for some time now, GREAT work. i realise it is in beta still and look forward to the final release.
    In the mean time i have tweaked it a little myself, incorperated real combat 1.1 into it (but kept all your original build times, upkeep etc) the 12 stages of armour upgrade i feel adds a huge element of strategy and tactics to the game (thats my thought). i also incorporated some additional ancillaries, timed events (some buildings only available after a certain year to reflect history etc), increased merchant trade and decreased income and kings purse (just to make merchant trade more strategic)...

Love your mod! no CTD's! 1-3 min turn cycles (thats fine, allows me to 'play' and socialize with the wife )!

One suggestion, other then my question above, move rates on the campaign map i feel need to be shorter for units and armies (not characters), i dont like how a rebel army (or AI fation) can march across 2 (and in cases more) regions to besiege another settlement in one turn.

Ok, i lied, i have another thought. is it possible to place objects (like artifacts, ect) on the actual map that generals (maybe other characters) can 'pick' up. when they die, the item is 'dropped' and can then be picked up again. this could open up avenues of gameplay for things such as a great general's sword being carried as a morale booster for generations and passed on as an heirloom etc. would need some thought if its even possible, but the idea of assassinating someone just for an item they carry sounds like fun ...

ive noticed some people saying they have noticed rebel armies and AI faction armies sitting in one place for turn after turn. i find the opposite, i find the AI is more then happy to make it a tough campaign for me (i play on very hard) and definatly do not take there time in making military moves. however i do find the diplomacy to be somewhat odd. their demenour does not reflect there actions during diplomacy, meaning i'll offer something and they will seem happy to accept just to deny me when i press the 'make offer'. however, with that said, diplomacy seems well balanced, just that the diplomacy screen doesnt seem to reflect they're 'actual' demenour. if ya catch my drift...

Keep up the great work, would love to help out if ya need any extra help. but you guys and gals (if appropriate) seem to be doing mighty well

Default Re: Some Thoughts from an Avid Fan (please read)

Unfortunately it's not possible to create new settlements during the campaign (but I'm avidly wait for the expansion and the new forts features ) while the "artifacts" aren't either possible but can be almost perfectly faked by ancillaries.

Some of the modifications you did are the same I'm doing, in the next version about everything, from units to building, will be linked to an era system rather than to settlement dimension which will just affect the walls and recruitment slots (not all though ) as it should logically be .

Diplomacy is broken in 0.93, I found out a test file leaked into the release and I didn't worry too much as I was thinking the patch would be out a month ago and a new release would be the matter of just a couple weeks.

Anyway the good news is that the patch contains some more cool modding instruments for diplomacy and AI so it seems it's really worth the waiting.

Love your mod! no CTD's! 1-3 min turn cycles (thats fine, allows me to 'play' and socialize with the wife )!

Oh good..I'm not the only one that only takes 1-3 mins to socalize with the wife
    -FantomBlu

Ho Ho! As soon as I get my b***ard M2TW working, you can e sure this is the first mod I shall try. This looks great!

I love the original ideas, and the scripts. Even the traits and that look well hought out. Cant Wait!
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

I disagree quite a bit with the above suggestion to change movement rates. I mean, it's a double-edged sword, but realistically, it is actually a rather short distance for 6 month's travel (never mind the original 2 year period!). I recall reading that it took crusader armies 2 years to reach the Holy Land from France, if even that. Picture traveling that distance in 4 turns at 6 months and 1 turn on regular! I could be remembering things wrong, but I think it's safe to say that the movement rates are short enough as it is. Keep such suggestions in mind when you need to carry military support to a province under siege- like I said, a double-edged sword.