Thread: Sega's Update2 woes

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Sega's Update2 woes

I hope the final version of this update works. I'm still finding I can move my entire army behind besieging AI armies when I sally. I really hope this is why they held it back at the last minute.

Default Re: Sega's Update2 woes

lol yea, I gave a good laugh when they had there entire army stack behind my gate. I rain down fire arrow on them. Every single last one of my arrow kill them and hardly miss. I wipe over half of them out before they breach through my gate.

I'm just waiting to see what darthMod will do in a few weeks from now =)

Patrician

Well, if they do release the update in this condition I'm seriously thinking of binning this game and going back to Rome total war with SPQR mod. I really miss being able to lose a city or have a decent battle.

I am literally quite stunned that they should have attempted to release this.

@Repman, is it possible that DLV2.2 may be keeping some old battle AI, messing up the update? God I hope so.

The only thing I enjoy is, A.I is a bit tweak. Which is nice but doesn't really make much different. Pretty dam easy to get military access by offering your princess with 2000 gold. lol.

The only highlight I enjoy is.
    Slow Mo in battle. Which is cool.
    Calvary chasing down unit is improve a bit. (Still a bit buggy)
    Animation seem smoother.
    Some sound fix and added. (We kill half of them! BLah blah it gets annoying)

I'm going back to 2.1. It seem it I had more fun back then.

DLV 2.3 will have an improved attacking AI in sieges, because i think in DLV 2.2 it is even with the patch 1.2 a little sleepy. The new parameters allow for some twisting.

Maybe go back to UAI 1.3 or if GrandViz has finished the new one for 1.2, i will take this one.

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by aion2006 View Post
    The only thing I enjoy is, A.I is a bit tweak. Which is nice but doesn't really make much different. Pretty dam easy to get military access by offering your princess with 2000 gold. lol.

The only highlight I enjoy is.
    Slow Mo in battle. Which is cool.
    Calvary chasing down unit is improve a bit. (Still a bit buggy)
    Animation seem smoother.
    Some sound fix and added. (We kill half of them! BLah blah it gets annoying)

I'm going back to 2.1. It seem it I had more fun back then.
    Slow mo in battle!? Heck I didn't even know that was there. What do you press?

Another possible highlight seems to be no lag in battles, not yet anyway.

uh to do slow-mo in battle. You hold down "Shift" and click the "<--" back arrow timescale. (The one to fast forward and such)

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by aion2006 View Post
    uh to do slow-mo in battle. You hold down "Shift" and click the "<--" back arrow timescale. (The one to fast forward and such)
    Great, thanks. Now I can use this function to reminisce about the heavy lag on my previous computer.

Ps. Just tried a battle with me sallying on vanilla MTW2 with update 2 (no DLV just to make sure it wasn't dlv causing problem). AI completely useless. Moves back a few paces then lets you get behind it as before.
    Last edited by Byg; April 11, 2007 at 01:49 PM.