Thread: Siege Weapons

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Default Siege Weapons

Are we going to see any exotic siege weapons in future versions of the mod? (If it goes on). I don't mind the standard Euro trebs/catapults but it'd be nice to see some exotic siege machines. I have an Osprey book on The Islamic World, Byzantium & India siege weapons which works perfectly for this mod.

I suppose an even better question would be: is it even possible to model different siege machines? I'm kind of confused one what the mesh editor really does, does it allow you to model something from scratch or just heavily modify the existing models? I'm guessing the latter.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Siege Weapons

Not gonna lie to you man, we won't be spending too much time on this.

The mesh editor is more for heavily modifying. You could make stuff from scratch, but that would be far too difficult and time consuming.

I don't thing we have the animation and mechanics editing capabilities to make new siege engines.

Its not really a big focus since the primary stuff that we haven't even finished will take long enough as it is.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Understandable, I was just curious.

I can see how siege weapons would be much harder, this can be closed I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    I don't thing we have the animation and mechanics editing capabilities to make new siege engines.

Its not really a big focus since the primary stuff that we haven't even finished will take long enough as it is.
    Have you looked at Darth Vader's projectile scripts? He might have something that could help. His AI scripts are also amazing. Perhaps you can take a look at them? He has a folder of open source stuff. I'd suggest you give his Mod a look and contact him about them. He's really cool and very supportive of other Modders.
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice