Thread: Heroric Victory Brings Happiness to My Realm?

Default Heroric Victory Brings Happiness to My Realm?

Question:

Do you get hapiness bonuses for your realm if your General wins a heroric victory or captures a enemy capitol?

The reason I ask is because hapiness is the key for higher tax rates, and when playing VH/VH money is always tight However, I won a heroric victory as the Byzantines in Jerusalem and suddenly found former yellow cities w/low tax rates turn green. I immediatly increased the tax rates on my new happy cities, thus increasing badly needed revenue for my realm.

So if Heroric victories can increase happiness for your realm, are there any other condition that will do the same? Such as clear victorys, capturing enemy capitol or negotiating a ceasefire with a long time enemy?

How about negetive effects to happiness, such as a clear defeat or losing a long held city?

notger's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Heroric Victory Brings Happiness to My Realm?

There are happiness boni if you manage to capture the target of a crusade and I am inclined to believe that there are boni if you capture Jerusalem, since it is considered a holy city. But I am not entirely sure about that. One way to check out would be starting a new med/med game and conquering J. from the very beginning on.

Wether a heroic victory gives any boni, I do not know.

Hail Maximus Newbieus!

Gaining / loosing settlements causing bonus / penalties to morale? Great idea. I'm not sure if Rep or Drak have scripted that - if it's possible tohu' am sure they'll get around to it.

My own experience of morale affecting my whole realm. Yes, I've had two campaigns that were different as black and white. In one I pissed off his Popelyness by wiping out the Scots almost immediately. After recovering from being Exo'd my new king had a really hard time raising any taxes or revenue as all their settlements were requiring so many troops to keep disaffected subjects producing wealth. The army costs were very heavy but there was no money to build. The game sunk in a quagmire of debt and non productivity. Hmm... Bad morale - bad idea.

The other game - the better one - I didn't attack anyone, behaved myself, and sent my diplomat to Rome right away to make pals, trade maps and forge an alliance. I even chucked in 100 florins for 11 turns to sweeten them. Soon they warmed and with full blessing from his Popelyness my people don't need any troops much to keep them down and the settlements are coining it in. This campaign couldn't be more contrasted with the first.

Yep - morale appears to play a big part in realm happiness (especially on vh/vh)

Aw the best, Tokus

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. Go ahead a cut and paste it over to the sticky threads, the one for "Suggestions for future enhancements" if you would.

holding jerusalem automatically gives all of your settlements a 5-20% glory bonus to each citys morale so that explains why your towns went from red to yellow etc

sweet

I just had a Heroic Victory that caused an unloyal general (he commanded the battle) to become a moderately loyal general in the next turn. Or so I assume that the HV caused it, his traits didn't show any changes that I am aware of.