Thread: Berserkers not berserking

Default Berserkers not berserking

I recently started playing Rome Total War again. But I have run into a problem while trying to edit the german berserkers. They don't go Berserk. If my memory serves me correct they should go berserk if you let them taunt. They used to do it when I played this game about two years ago. However I can't get them to do it anymore.
    The things I changed about them are:
    -unit size (only slightly bigger)
    -unit mass
    -weapon
    -morale, I kept the berserker part but I just increased their base morale level
    -unit recruitment stuff

Does anyone know how I can get them to go berserk again. I just love seeing them swing around and launching enemy infantry into the air.

Thanks in advance.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Berserkers not berserking

Maybe the changing of the weapon is at fault try replacing it with the old one and see if it has an effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

going beserk is somthing to with morale in preferances.txt have you turned morale on or off if on you have to turn off otherwise they wont go beserk

Leonidas the Lion:
    I only changed the weapons damage and charge bonus (the first two numbers in the export_units.txt file.

Spartan Kid:
    I left morale on. The game is very boring without morale. You mentioned I should turn it off, I think you mean it should be turned on. Perhaps the increased level of morale has something to do with it?

The weird thing is that in-game the berserkers always are in their berserk state, according to the unit information. But they just wait for orders.
    Last edited by pwijnands; April 11, 2007 at 05:29 AM.

yes i meant on sorry
    and it is most probably they dont go beserk anymore is because you highered the morale

you using a mod? Alot of mods disable the bers... oh nevermind you said you left it.

possibly might do something with a patch?

try patching to 1.5

that's all i could think it would be.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Ok I'll try to lower their morale level to the level it used to be. I only increased it so they will "never" rout, but going berserk probably means they won't rout to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by pwijnands View Post
    Ok I'll try to lower their morale level to the level it used to be. I only increased it so they will "never" rout, but going berserk probably means they won't rout to begin with.
    yes this is your problem they have to be able to run away
    but they dont run away anyway they just go beserk i think just guessing
    coz i dont have vannilla rtw 1.5

I installed Barbarian Invasion and now they go berserk. Morale level doesn't have anything to do with it. Now their morale level displays probably, being "impetious" for starters and going "heroic" when they taunt or when they start fighting. And they finally began launching enemies into the air again.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting.