Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: campaign ai with DLV 2.2

Default campaign ai with DLV 2.2

UAI is not included? Trading is not happening at all and its not worth trading since it brings in so little. inquisitors running around etc. I was wondering if the campaign ai was running on just the 1.2 patch because of it.

Kye.

Default Re: campaign ai with DLV 2.2

UAI is not included in DLV 2.2 to find out if the patched 1.2 Campaign AI is better !

Feedback regarding the campaign AI from patch 1.2 would be appreciated !

repman
    Last edited by repman; April 09, 2007 at 02:12 PM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

the campaign is alot better, but some things that mods took care of shortly after the game came out need to be in there. trading is useless, ai dont trade either. no powerblocks, no long lasting alliances (much much better then 1.1 though).

Its still an enjoyable game, but it needs some of the fundimental campaign ai tweaks.

Kye.

You need to apply a small patch for DLV 2.2 because i didn't adjust the AI_LABELS. Could be that the game use instead the defaults ones and everything would be alright or could be error creating...so better use the small patch.
    repman
    Last edited by repman; April 10, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Does that change everything with the campaign map? like trade, alliances and powerblocks etc

Kye.

Could be that the game use instead of the wrong ai labels the defaults ones and everything would be alright or it could be error creating...so better use the small patch.

repman

After i installed the small patch, no-one has alliances or wars with anyone else. im around 30 turns in. On the diplomacy screen everyone is at war with the rebals but no faction has anything else with all the others.

Kye.

The campaign ai stop making alliances after i use the mini-patch for the ai labels. Ive reinstalled m2tw twice and have the same issue. I keep thinking the ai must take aaages to start alliances, so if anyone is using 2.2 with the mini-patch, please let me know if thats normal.

Kye.

luckybolts's Avatar Laetus

I have applied the patch and my campaign AI has gone completely crazy. Its awesome. I am playing as Spain and am in the middle of a war with portugal, however France has lost the plot, nearly every turn they are either breaking alliances or starting new ones. Usually with the papal states, who by the way have just signed an alliance with the Moors (WTF) . Apart from that the new 1.02 AI is pretty good.

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

the 1.02 Campaign AI is actually better. Since they are alot more active now. Sicily just attacked Rome in my campaign as Poland. I'll see how the Christian faction will react. lol

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

The AI is much better in 1.2 AI does well.
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

I guess its just me. as soon as i install the small labeled ai patch, i get the ai simply dont allie or go to war. ill reinstall and try again.

Kye.

In my game the AI factions Ally with each other, altough only after 10-15 turns. I've played about 20-30 turns and the AI still hasn't declared war with each other. I believe i might have the same issue as Kye.

Hi all i dont know if the small patch works for all cos when i installed it
    all of the merchants resources values seemed to drop to vanilla rates i.e not very high and rather pointless
    (everything worked perfectly before installing small patch i just thought it might improve the gameplay even more )

the patch doesn't influence the income...maybe sideeffects

I think 2.2 is granit stable , no crashes as in 2.1...is this true for all ?

repman

Trading is useless now. The campaign ai with the mini-patch really effects it. I prefered it before the mini-patch since the ai was much more active. got to reinstall again

Kye.

Repman, can you tell me how many turns you usually play before the AI factions start allying and declaring war with each other?
    I remember that they did it within the first 10 turns without the mini patch, so what will be broken if i revert back from it?
    Also, is my problem due to a tweaked campaign AI aggresiveness in your mod?

Your current release is quite stable and i love the RPG elements. So Keep up the good work.

Nazkai's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post

repman

@Repman

Yep Granite Stable here too not one single crash thus far.

Nice work.

Naz

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post

repman
    I must confirm that man. Unlike in 2.1. My campaign gets some kind of error like 3-5 times an hour. Now, I dont get any more errors. Very stable indeed. As far as ive played it.

@Repman
    Stable as a Granite Table.

@Kye
    Low trade values over many turns do still add up to be worth more than the cost of pursuing them. And that IS something, something more is something earned. I for one pursue trade at all costs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast