Thread: Bugs in IBFD 7.0

Default Bugs in IBFD 7.0

Hi Ramon,

First off, I didn't see a bugs thread for IBFD 7.0 and I didn't want to post in the general discussion thread, so I'm opening a new thread...

So, on to the bug:

Playing ERE on M/M, turn=? (I'm in 415, I think first or second turn of the year)

I caught a persistent CTD bug which occurs after end of turn and that seems to be in the script, triggered in the Berbers' turn (or the WRE - I couldn't really tell)

A) It doesn't occur when I don't activate the script (ie no-script -> end-of-turn -> no CTD)
    B) If I successfully skip the turn in which the CTD occurs and then activate the script, again I get the CTD at the end of turn (ie no-script -> end-of-turn -> no CTD -> script -> end-of-turn -> CTD)
    C) I tried the control_faction berbers to see if it would work if I did something different (ie different to what the AI was doing)
    C1) about 2 out 3 times I got to the berbers turn
    C2) 1 in 3 times it crashed before I got to the berbers turn (couldn't tell which faction it crashed in, once it happened immediately and a couple of times at some random faction)
    D) When I did get to the berbers turn (those 2 out of 3 times)
    D1) I just pressed end of turn => CTD
    D2) I moved a few armies around and a couple of diplomats (nothing fancy) => no CTD

This looks rather strange, so I thought I'd better report it as it seems script-related but I cannot pinpoint the exact cause...

The save game is available if you need it to look into the issue at more detail (just please specify how to send it to you - email, file upload, etc)

cheers and happy easter

PS: despite the CTD I have to say that this is one hell of an enjoyable mod - great work indeed I had a great time thrashing the sassies with the ERE, so you understand my frustration when I bumped into this problem

Default Re: Bugs in IBFD 7.0

I had this in the year 420 in my sassanid campaing...I solved it by coming back one turn and replaiyng it...
    It was caused by Imperium Constatini...they were destroyed but something happened and their destruction wasn't validated by the engine or by the script...

so...just come back one turn before it happened and replay it and everything gonna be ok...
    Last edited by CaesarBR; April 08, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

another strong possibi;lity is the forced diplomacy script, I will either remake that or remove it in an update soon.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

my bet would be on forced diplomacy...

there was no faction destroyed in that turn (I had fow off and perfect spy on too so I could tell if something funny was going on), plus as I said it CTDed again after I had skipped one turn with the script off.

I'll see if I can disable the forced diplomacy my self and report on the issue again

cheers

EDIT: also forgot to mention that the forced diplomacy caused the WRE to break the alliance with the ERE at every turn (without attacking or anything) - I had to renew the alliance every time. That's another indication that the diplomacy script is a bit problematic

Got it!

it's not the forced diplomacy and it's not the berbers

it's the defend the limes script for the WRE...

I disabled it and it worked fine. I'm not sure though what it is that caused the CTD when force-moving armies to those tiles. I don't suppose it's an invalid tile, since it worked ok so far... therefore I have to assume that there's either a problem with the character (e.g. he has been killed and therefore you're asking the script to move a "null" character to a tile) or that the movement cannot be completed (e.g. because there's an obstacle on the path)

I'll prolly disable the other two defend the limes scripts and leave the rest alone.

cheers

EDIT: the ctesiphon script will also have to go it just crashed on me after an epic battle near the besieged city (fall of ctesiphon -> CTD)
    Last edited by justme; April 09, 2007 at 08:26 AM.

looks like someone have to make a serious remake to script's...

I removed the defend limes script and rhe game runs fine for me, I"m in 431 AD as Romano-British; I also noticed that Graal_Knights in export_descr_unit.txt were not listed as romano-british unit and therefore were not avaible to train after building the proconsularis palace. I corect it and again able to kick the heathen saxon asses . The configuration files should be revieved by pro though, as there're still many more contradictions and errors there.