Thread: Cant play battles :( help I have a cunning plan KING KONG do u think u cud read

Default Cant play battles :( help I have a cunning plan KING KONG do u think u cud read

for some strange reason when i put all of these files into the places where you said so but now however i cant play battles it always closes down and a CTD comes up saying M2TW has encountered an unspecific error and now ive tried every thing to let me play the battles ; reinstallation ,deleting all the new files + old files etc but with no avail plz could you help me if you got any suuggestions plz could you give them to me and also i deleted all the files before i reinstalled and then when i finished installing it all the files were there (your files the stainless steel files) again wats going on

Default Re: Cant play battles :(

you can try couple of options
    1. Delete EVERYTHING, then reinstall
    2. look at the sticky threads, there is a fix somewhere, i'm not sure it's the one your talking about tho.

Hi Kizermob,

hmm.. sounds like something isn't installed correct.
    Can you post the last 2-3 lines of your system.log file (in the ".../Medieval II Total War" folder)?
    Probably it will contain the reason for the crash...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

I get that as well now quiet a lot!! The game just breaks down...I get that message if I try to restart it then!! I can't play two turns in a row without the screen freezing and crashing down or reebooting...

Annoying!!

lol, it happened to me before... after reinstallation like 10 times, i solved the problem by not messing with the files so much

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

well i dont have a system.log file in my M2TW directory for some reason i dont even have a log file could that be the problem and how do i get it back ive reinstalled it but there isnt one so i dont know what my next course of action is

and also what else is wierd is that my preference file has only got 2 line one saying widescreen no and another saying random symbols and thats not coming back when i reinstalled it + i have loads of DLL files like mfc71d, mss32,msvcp71,msvcp71d,msvcr71,msvcr71d,binkw32,dbghelp,granny2 now im not sure if these are supposed to be here but on my other comp these files arent there and dont exist so im not sure wether to delete them or keep them but i downloaded the darthmod would that add wierd things but that would of gone right when i reijstalled it but whats even wierd is that whenever i reinstall it its always 1.1 not 1.0 so im confused why isnt it deleting it properley or watever its doing wrong

oh but i can play campaign fine its just battles thats mucked up

Default Re: Cant play battles :( help

hey and im also missing files the only ones i got are data miles and another one i dont got tools saves etc and im not sure if they are hidden + someone said in another postthat sometimes the logs are hidden so that might be the same for me and how the heck do i find it

Default Re: Cant play battles :( help I STILL NEED HELP KING KONG

lol.. dude, those sounded so complicated O_O, anyways, you might not wanna quadruple post, the moderators will probably get pissed at ya for it

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

oh soz i just kept on remembering different things so i posted it and then i was like oh ****** i forgot about the ........ its becuase yesterday was quit hectic and i realy want to be able to play with the ne skins

Hi Kizermob,

No problem at all when you don't tell everything in one post.

With preferences file, do you mean the Stainless_Steel.cfg or the medieval2.preference.cfg file?
    However, the SS.cfg file should include this here:

[features]
    mod = Stainless_Steel
    [io]
    file_first = true

Well, I'm a bit puzzled what could be wrong with your installation...
    Again, look for your system.log (everyone must have this file in the Medieval II Total War folder, where your medieval2.exe is) right after you had a crash and post the last 3 lines.
    I'm hoping it will show the reason for the ctd...

hey thanx for the help king kong but i actually cant find my system.log and i meant medievals preference file so i actually have a cunning idea- im playing medieval at the moment on my old pc but everything works fine do you think if i copy all them files in my old pcs M2TW directory and put on a cd and replace myM2TW on the one thats not working do you think that would work andalso the pc thats not working is missing alot of folders like tools saves etc and they wont come back (are they hidden?) but do you think my idea will work or no

Default Re: Cant play battles :( help I have a cunning plan KING KONG do u think u cud read

Sounds really like an adventurous plan!

I'm really wondering why you have some missing folders and on the other side some additional weird files... :hmmm:
    Well, I would rather try to remove the whole game from the pc that doesn't work and reinstall the whole stuff.
    However, you could also try to copy your other files, but I think it will probably not work and this would be really a waste of CDs...
    Perhaps try to connect both your pcs and copy the files on this way.

Default Re: Cant play battles :( help I have a cunning plan KING KONG do u think u cud read

so how do i attach them together then