Thread: Suggestion, rebels.

Centenarius

Default Suggestion, rebels.

How about making Rebel factions? (on top of the normal rebels)
    there must have been some rebels back those days in the mid east, what about givin' them a faction and similiar units, make them start the game in war with their enemies...
    U can make several of these factions, each to his enemies in those days..., they dont need unit reskining, they can get their "superior" faction units, not all of them of course, cuz their only rebels, they should get like 60% of the other faction unit.

they will be UNPLAYBLE, and their main goal will be to eliminate their "superior" faction..., and also wont be able to use the "AOR"
    on top of that, there will be also the normal rebells that pop up and block roads and such.
    I know this needs plenty of work, but the more features ur mod will have, the better it will be.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Suggestion, rebels.

Great idea. As of now my decision is just to make rebels in this game a massive obstacle. Later we may indeed create nonplayable minor factions to populate the map.

Centenarius

I'm glad u like it!

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

I always thought there should be more rebels and they should be more aggressive. They always stand around with a quarter of a stack waiting to be slaughtered, I want to fight full stacks of the rebel scum.

Indefinitely Banned

And thats exactly what youre going to see.

I remember the first time I played the SPQR mod as Rome there was this absolutely enormous experience stack of gladiotor rebels right smack in the middle of Italia. The reflexive tendency of players is to attack sizable rebel that are standing on your land ASAP. I did just that and what followed was one of the most epic and longest battles I've experience ever in TW. I was completely routed and ran home to Rome with my tail between my legs.

I want to really replicate this experience for Broken Crescent. There will be massive rebel stacks ready to attack you the moment you enter their region. So you will get some serious field battles with rebels. And don't forget: this time there will be plenty of horse archers too
    Last edited by Miraj; April 08, 2007 at 02:16 PM.

Just a thought, I wasn't quite sure what kobi118 was saying, so I may be repeating what he did.

Are you considering maybe regional rebel factions in the far off future? So there's a rebel faction for Anatolia/Caucasus, one for Arabia/Egypt, one for Iran/Central Asia, one for India?

It could be perhaps a representation of the native peoples, so that a rebellion of Arabia/Egypt is of Arab rebels, of Iran/Central asia is Iranians (Shi'ites maybe?), and for India it could be a Hindi people. Thus, you could perhaps engage in war or diplomacy with rebels in Iran and not have the same relationship with rebels in India. Maybe with the transoxanians fighting back a shi'ite rebellion of native Iranians, the Ghaznavids might ally with them to pincer the Transoxanians, while having to fight against rebellious turks or Hindus.

Ideally, we could find a case of rebels or insurrection (If thats the word) that can apply itself over the long period of time and retain common features (In naming, faction symbol and such). Thus, I think having the faction be "Indigenous Arabs" (Would be great to get the latinized term for that, or some other term that's not so jarring), or Indigenous Iranians, Turks, and so forth could not be as limiting as calling them a specific dynasty/rebellion/splinter-kingdom.

This would only work if we can still code it so the WRE-WRE rebel system of Barbarian Invasion still exists, where if a West Roman Empire city rebels, it goes to the WRE rebels, and not the generic 'rebel' faction.

Critical to mention this would use no reskins, just existing units. Arab rebels using the current Abbasid Arab units, along with some others than fit, and so on.
    Last edited by Ahiga; April 09, 2007 at 12:21 AM.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Yes agressive rebels are good. I like the way Roma Surrectum handled it by adding another rebel faction. because the game thought this faction was just a normal faction the rebels moved there armies around and actually attacked and thins. the only problem was the AI allying with the rebel faction, making it a little unrealistic. but since M2TW has so many faction slots then maybe you can add not just 2 but a few more revel factions representing the smaller but not insignifficant states. the normal rebels could represent the very small states.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

well, i'm gonna try to test it out, but maybe make their relations with their "superiors" like really, really horrid. and i guess if you don't give them diplomats, they can't really make alliances as easily. i'm just rambling....

Centenarius

like Sparatacus for romans, make armies of rebels who their only porpuse will be to eliminate the faction that they are rebelling against...
    In the holy lands u can try putting some angry people who gatherd an army, with one porpuse to drive out the crusaders...They will act as a regular faction, but they will be scripted to attack the faction they are rebelling against each time they can (this is possible right?)
    And whats so odd in rebels making alliances?
    Its known that faction's and rebells made peace to destroty another factions together.