Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (BigMapVersion)

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3 (BigMapVersion)

You're right about the water color, Vanilla uses 3 colors so you can't get to the New World in a hurry. From what I read, you add water colors, you lose regions because of the 200 limit counting water colors as regions. In vanilla, it also slows down getting to Arguin on tha African coast.

Yes, with a cog and at turn 3. You should try by yourself. Yeah, I've noticed the ships appearing on lakes, but I'm not that sure about the color thing. After the point the cog can't sail west anymore the color of the water is same, light blue.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

On the map_ground_types.tga in vanilla you will notice three colors of red for water. The darker, the deeper. This is the game's cutoff of how far certain types of ships can sail. It also works in vanilla when trying to go south down the coast of Africa. One problem with more colors of water to keep cogs out of the Americas is you lose land regoins to play. The game counts each colr of water as a region. This was an item of discussion on the .org for a while. Is it still an issue in the leaked 1.2? Dunno.

@BersurWolf
    I think it is best to delete the old version 1st ,
    Also make sure you set up your graphics/sound etc first , exit then use the Configfixer shortcut on the desktop

Ta for 1st bit. But what do you mean set up graphics/sound then exit. Can you idiot guide me to what this means.

Does anyone if this mod works with the leaked 1.2 patch?

billydilly's Avatar Senator

The older versions of RP (1.2 Bigmap) and 1.3 Bigmap) work with patch 1.2, I don't think RP 2.3 works quit as it is supposed to. The patch changes things, unit stats, diplomacy etc., and if you install the RP 2.3 you overwrite the changes from the patch - I think.

I am in fact using the RP 2.3 map in Lusted's LTC at the moment, I'm waiting for sb2ean to adjust RP to the 1.2 patch. He's working on it.

bd
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I think it is better if I move this message to a new thread as it is more a historical rather than a programming resource.
    Last edited by kmthorpe; April 17, 2007 at 02:31 PM.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    The older versions of RP (1.2 Bigmap) and 1.3 Bigmap) work with patch 1.2, I don't think RP 2.3 works quit as it is supposed to. The patch changes things, unit stats, diplomacy etc., and if you install the RP 2.3 you overwrite the changes from the patch - I think.

I am in fact using the RP 2.3 map in Lusted's LTC at the moment, I'm waiting for sb2ean to adjust RP to the 1.2 patch. He's working on it.

bd
    How you do that , id like to merge this map with other mod , Mtw Classic Total War 5.0,because i like to play in a advanced era but i allways mess the files and the game crash.

I have made a zip with the EDU for leaked 1.2patch..

I upgraded to Vista the other day after finding out it dosnt need DX10 graphics
    so I have been messing around with drivers and transferring files .. this is why its just the zip , probably easier anyway ,, just rplace the old file with this one
    and it works fine.
    I also included the updated EDB with doubled construction times to match the 1 turn per year ,
    Also to fix the england fog of war banners changing to sweden , delete
    the #banner_symbol_england.tga & banner_symbol_england.tga from the model_strat/textures folder , those 2 files shouldnt be there .

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Creator of
    Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I put those files in the game and ctd,now i reinstall it and back to 1080when the 1250 start year?
    And i don't understand what you do to the map ,me,after the first time i try the Bigmap,never play with other one ,so your mod is may favorite in moment,but as i said,in the sporius Bigmap ,some times ,took 2or3 minute between the turns and in yours only a few seconds ,with no AI movements,so when the people blaim the BM , i said ,see what sb2ean do and learn ,good work ,and sorry my grammar.

I should of added that it may not work with save games ( the 1.2 replacement files)
    I mostly play custom battles recently so I havnt a save game to test
    also another good thing about the 1.2 patch is that the unit_models folder can now go inside the regionmodBM folder , so it wont interfere with other mods or multiplayer . the model_strat & banners folders still must go in the original data folder

pajomife@iol.pt I have a reasonble quality PC so I dont really notice any slow down even with the heraldry add-on , I can not play the standard maps anymore after using the big maps it just seems to strange , the models look like giants roaming around a tiny map : )

Creator of

HELP!
    I've got a problem. Mod looks outstanding and I naturally want to play it!
    When I want to start a new campaign an "unidentyfied error" pops out.
    I have Vista, and no mods apart from RPM. Perhaps I've forgotten to do something... I simply followed ReadMe...

What patched do I need?
    Last edited by michal_leszczynski; April 21, 2007 at 12:07 PM.

I have vista and it works fine with the leaked 1.2patch
    which faction did you start , if it is egypt then that could be the problem
    some thing is up with egypt only just found this out

Creator of

I've got official 1.1 patch. I started English and Polish <- both caused CTD. I'll try to run custom battles and let you know how it goes.
    Oh, perhaps I need the BigMap mod or something...

:wub:!
    Now even vanilla M2TW does'n want to start. You're a Vista user, right? Have you ever encountered ann odd bug that system treats some .exe files as if they were processes? I mean: you run a game for example and nothing happens, no errors, nothing, but when you run a task manger it is in processes bookmark...

Could you simply tell me ow to install your mod? I'm a TW series buff and I've always dreamt of an enormeus world to fight for....
    Is that right?:
    1. Install M2TW
    2. Install 1.1 patch
    3. Install RPM
    Is it so moronic simple?
    Last edited by michal_leszczynski; April 21, 2007 at 02:42 PM.

michal
    the task manger has changed slightly hasnt it , I find many things with Vista
    that I like , but some new features will take some adjusting to , such as asking Admin permissin for nearly every change User Account Control (UAC) it is called( you can turn it off but I was advised to leave it)

As for installing that is correct,, but when I installed the mod on vista I didnt use the installer ( used my own manual copy)
    The installer (InstallCreator) may not work with Vista , I have not confirmed this yet
    if not I will have to upload a manual install copy or use another installer.

I have found out why Egypt will not start I think
    try this
    open the descr_win_conditions
    find the egypt entries and change this
    hold_regions Damascus_Province Jerusalem_Province Mecca_Province
    to
    hold_regions Damascus_Province Jerusalem_Province Hedjaz_Province

as you can see I had entered Mecca instead of Hedjaz

Creator of

I have just remembered , I read that Lands to Conquer had problems installing on Vista , it uses the same installer so it may be connected.
    just had a quick look but I can not find the forum post with the info.
    Have a scout around for posts about installing LTC on vista maybe it will work also.
    It was something to do with the cfg file , a word was out of place or something it was very minor

Creator of

Hey Sb2ean,

AWESOME mod mate. But why are you sayin it's not possible for you to make faction flags and symbols?

take a look what BillyDilly said (If you already noticed this, sorry. It just didn't seem you did)

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    @ sb2ean

about banners, I found this link in the work shop:
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/7301

Files:
    faction_banner_byzantium.texture
    faction_banner_byzantium_trans.texture
    royal_banner_byzantium.texture
    File extension: .texture
    Usage in game: Symbols of the Flags & Panels that keep the soldiers in Battle Map.

There are also explanations about shields, flags etc. Hope it's an help.

BD

check out with this guy, he seems to know how to make those. He's awesome at makin factions.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87619

hope I'm not disturbing you guys in any way, just askin.

When I said it was not possible to make faction symbols , I meant the Symbols you see on the user interface in game , the one you use to access diplomacy etc..
    This is now possible as well but up till a few weeks it wasnt , Alpaca has made a sd file converter .. which is great news indeed

Creator of

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@ sb2ean

I think there is a problem with the new 'export_descr_unit' file in post #69. Whenever I try using it the game CDT's, if I then use the old one, it works. There's no problem with the 'export_descr_building'.

bd
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast