Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heraldry for Regions & Provinces (Kingdoms)

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Heraldry for Regions & Provinces (Kingdoms)

Here it is! Heraldry for all the new regions in the Regions & Provinces Mod (Kingdoms). Thanks to Dearmad and Pnutmaster for allowing me to modify BBB for the RP Mod. And thanks to Re Berengario I, Anno Domini, for the royal titles.

BD Heraldry for RP 3.0 - Use the link below.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2624
    Version 3 of the add-on for the Regions & Provinces Mod 3.5 (Kingdoms).
    Size: 3.3 MB

Includes:
    Regional and faction leader titles for all factions
    BBB 4.x

Installation:
    Extract .. \mods\RegionMod_Kings\data
    Last edited by billydilly; September 19, 2009 at 07:57 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Heraldry for Regions & Provinces (BigMap)

I loaded your heralds over my campaign with the ancillaries. When I continued it, I got some strange ones like the family member in Edinburg has an Egyptian wife and he's never been south of London.
    Here is a copy from the system log to hopefully help you in your endeavors with this:
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1080, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <dearmad_jedda>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1084, column 17
    Could'n find ancillary description string <dearmad_jedda_desc>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1085, column 24
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <dearmad_jedda_effects_desc>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1164, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <dearmad_timbuktu>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1168, column 17
    Could'n find ancillary description string <dearmad_timbuktu_desc>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1169, column 24
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <dearmad_timbuktu_effects_desc>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1248, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <dearmad_gotenburg>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1252, column 17
    Could'n find ancillary description string <dearmad_gotenburg_desc>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1253, column 24
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <dearmad_gotenburg_effects_desc>.
    07:19:27.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1953, column 17
    Could'n find ancillary description string <dearmad_malta_desc>.
    07:19:27.484 [script.err] [error] Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 3117, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <idearmad_jedda>.
    I like it and it looks good.

Hi,

that sounds very strange, I've been using it for weeks without any problems. sb2ean has also tried it and there didn't seem to be any problems there either. Are you using the BigMap? I've tried it with RP BigMap 1.2, 1.3 and the latest 2.3, you're just supposed to place the 'text' and 'ui' folders and the textfiles in the Data folder - the RegionModBM datafolder! Not the Vanilla Data folder.

Why is your folder called 'RonMod'?
    Script Error in RonMod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    Mine is called RegionModBM/data/
    But that shouldn't matter, it is possible to combine mods.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

BD
    Last edited by billydilly; April 08, 2007 at 12:02 PM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I have Ronmod for trying some of my own ideas of which is bigmap 1.5. Vnv's and ancillaries is not one of them. If you are not having any problems then they will probably disappear when I start a new campaign. Yes, I did put all the files in their respective folders.

I added it to an old campaign ( well my younger brother did)
    And the Aztecs where in control of Budapest.
    So my conclusion is its not good with save games

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Creator of
    Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3

@ irishron

The 'Wife is ...' is part of the VnV and Charachter Traits text files, they are Dearmads, I havent touched them. So a restart is probably the answer Azteks in Buda?

@billydilly

I'm too far into this campaign to give up and I still have some of my "what if"s" to play with. Besides, some of them where they are showing up make for a good chuckle. I do thank dearmad for letting you use his.

Yeah, some of the traits are pretty funny.
    One of my princesses is Undesirable, Unpleasant, Barren and Sicilian. Fantastic! And her name was Paula the Gorgon

BD

Paula the Gorgon eh ,, If you tried to offer her for marriage in a diplomacy effort ,, the over side would end up declaring war I bet

Maybe You should write a list of the features and traits in the read me
    a lot of the new stuff I dont know about

Creator of

That's why it's game-have fun. I have a family member that was "the crusade" before the herald and "the gossip" after. Go figure. That's why I'm enjoying this.

Eques's Avatar Laetus

Good job with the Heraldry, I agree with sb2ean about writting list of the features and traits.

Do you have any more Ideas on how to improve it?

Wonderful addition!

For the part of (now) Sweden; Västergötland (West Gotland) where Skara is town, I get the herald of the town, rather than the region, and no description at all. You can find the regional herald at Wikipedia.

I have been testing a mali empire campaign recently , I like the shields for those 2 regions pretty cool .
    I noticed when playing Ireland that Tara has the same shield as Leinster/Dublin
    Tara should have its own shield Meath , I used to have a picture but cant seem to find it..

Creator of

Eques's Avatar Laetus

Can anyone suggest a good combination of mods to run with this. At the moment I'm running RP Mod, BBB, BD_Heraldry, what else will make this even more awsome

Thanks

I have tried the RP map with Lusteds LTC 2.3 (+1.2 patch), just the map, not the new factions, works fine.

Why are you using BBB and my BD? They're basically the same.

bd

Eques's Avatar Laetus

have tried the RP map with Lusteds LTC 2.3 (+1.2 patch), just the map, not the new factions, works fine.
    Thanks for the advise.

By the way have you had much success in getting the, hold 3 provinces and get a title mod you mentioned working?
    Last edited by Eques; April 16, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

@ Eques

no I'm afraid not, I have tried and tried. I have also asked at BBB. But I have an idea of what might be the problem.

bd

Eques's Avatar Laetus

@billydilly

I've written a trait system that crowns my character as king of england if the trigger system is the same for ancilleries as it is for traits i will be able to write the scripts you need to get it done. Tell me exactly what conditions you want in order to get a title. Base it around england for testing purposes.

That's excellent.

About Traits and Ancillaries, I haven't looked into Traits yet (I use BBB's), but isn't it more or less the same? Conditions and WhenToCheck etc..?

Well, the plan was to get a title if you hold 3 provinces.

Example for testing:
    Hold:
    - London
    - Nottingham
    - York

Conditions
    - Piety +5 (or more?)
    - Catholic
    (as there can be only one, then test Anc dosn't excist)

Result:
    - Become Archbishop of England
    (and show Ancillary picture of Archbishop)
    - Piety +4
    - Authority +2
    - Law +1

This would also work for Caliphs.
    ---
    Other stuff:
    If the Title was King of ...
    then the conditions would be:
    - hold all English regions
    - be faction Leader

Eques's Avatar Laetus

I can do that however i'll need:

1) List of all the settlement Names

2) List of the titles you have in mind

Will these titles go to any general in the family or will it go to the general who captured the x amount of settlements and can the title only exist once in the faction or world?

also

do you want some kind of anti trait if a region is lost eg. Former King of ... ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast