Thread: How do you install Troy total war?

Default How do you install Troy total war?

Hello

Yes I have searched the forums here before i resorted to asking.

How do you install Troy total war? I clicked the installation button and whne I play the game its just the normal barbarian invasion
    Member of Narnia total war, it just happened one day.

If I beg you will you model for me?

Default Re: How do you install Troy total war?

hallo

rome - BI and patch 1.6 - you install the mod under activision/rome total war (not data)
    you start the mod with the bi.exe

Did everything you said, now I get a black/grey background with people fighting and on the cover it says Rome total war barbarian invasion, the only thing that's changed is the emnu picture, I don't know what to do.

I followed these instructions as well

Installation Instructions:-
    Please have a clean version of BI 1.6 installed on your computer.
    (install RTW, BI and then patch 1.6)

Then run the Troy_Gold_Setup

Be sure to select your Rome-Total War folder for the installation.
    After the installation completes you will have to delete events.idx which is located in the Rome-Total War/BI/data/sounds folder.
    Then you need to delete maps.rwm in the bi/data/world/maps/base folder.

I don't know how to do this.

Then add the files in the fix download to the relevant directorys in the bi data folder (this should just envolve running the exe).

If its just the normal installation process by putting the files in bi/data or just Rome-total war data then I've done it

Guy with a spoon.... it really really isn't that hard.

If you read the instructions closely and follow them exactly it will work. To say that the instructions are wrong is a bit over the top. They are tried and tested by me and thousands of other people who have downloaded the mod.

The most up to date version is version 4.0 as stated all over these forums and shown in my sig.

Firstly, follow the instructions for the version you downloaded. Beta instructions and fixes have NO relevance to v4.0 etc.

Secondly, even if you have gold edition of BI, (or whatever version you have) the mod will still work provided it is 1.6. As stated in the instructions if you extract/move the installer to the directory where your BI exe is located then the troyv4.0 exe will automatically locate and verify its destination. The only thing you need to worry about is getting a clean BI 1.6 installed in the first place.

As you seem to have messed up your installation I suggest reinstalling everything and patching to 1.6 if needed. To find out what version of BI you are running start the game and go into the options menu, it will tell you in one of the corners. Then move the troyv4.0 exe to you location of your BI exe NOT THE SHORTCUT TO IT and run the troy exe. It should do everything else.

When the installation finishes start BI as you normally would via the same shortcut etc. The initial screen will be BI, everything after that will be troy.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; April 07, 2007 at 07:48 PM.

Wow, I must be completly incompetent with computers. This is what I did

Installed Troy total war files in C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War (Its my main directory)

Ran barbarian invasion, only thing I got was the blackish background and the quotes in the loading screens.

To vent my frustration and as a solution to my problem I copied and pasted the troy total war files into every directroy I know - this includes
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\bi
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi etc.

Same thing happened, now I had already installed a patch of 1.6 but since I didn't know what to do, (About to leave on holiday, working in the last 5 mins.) I installed it again. Same background and quotes.

Now that I've returned I've followed everything troy total war 4.0 said, even taking back the files I deleted from the recycling bin and puttign them back in the right places - I think,

I've uninstalled and reinstalled again and nothing has happened, when I uninstalled I did get the normal red bckground and different quotes in loading screens though.

I've even read the readme in troy total war

Honestly if you ever need to screw up a program I'm your man.

(P.S. Saying the instructions were wrong? Where? As far as I know I didn't go that far.)

You are trying to install version 4?

Yep, since its the latest version.

Hi I am also having trouble installing Troy Total War.
    I have installed a clean version of Rome -Total War, patched to 1.3 then 1.5, installed BI and patched that to 1.6. Installed Troy Total War 4.0 and ran the program.
    It gave me the initial Troy splash screen and ran the video.
    However once the game starts to load (screen with a quote) I get a protection error.

Can anyone help resolve the problem?

Are you running collector edition RTW/ RTW anthology?

If so please be sure to install TTW to the right folder

Thanks for the prompt reply
    I am running RTW V1.2 then patched up to 1.5 with separate BI again patched up to 1.6.
    I put the TTW setup file into the Rome-Total War directory and then ran it. I checked that the two MsDOS batch files had run I then had only partially run. I therefore remove the directories and files required that had missed and as I said before just before the game launches follwoing the video I get a Protection error. Do I need to add to the command line on the .exe shortcut or something?

Yes, it would be usefull if you added the show_err command to the shortcut. At the moment I'm not sure what is causing the problem. An error message may help.

Hello, my Name is Julianos and IŽam from Austria. My English is not very good.
    I like to play Troja TW and so i must post 2 times, right. Okay, I donŽt know where also i did it here. I hope this is okay?

So, this is the 2 Post. I hop i can know download the game.

Bye, Bye.

im having the same installation problem but im using steam can anyone help me in installing troy total war on steam?