Thread: Big prob!!!!!!!

Default Big prob!!!!!!!

Ive follwed all the steps but when i click on the icon in the desktop the thing were it shows all the files moving in the original download shows up...but as a blank screen.. please help!!!!!

rep me.....REP ME!!!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Big prob!!!!!!!

I cannot see how that can happen, the icon executes the .exe file and the system window is a .bat file executed only by hitting 'exit' on the installer or by executing it directly.

Please explain in detail what you did and what you now have in your folders - check if you have an "fe" folder in your RTW directory (you should not) and make sure the path in the icon (right-click - properties) is correct.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Well, I have put it in the RTW folder (what folder should it be in?) so that will probably be the problem. Also can the original RTW have a mod but will FATW still work?

rep me.....REP ME!!!

FATW may not work if the parent installation of RTW is modded as, like any mod, it draws upon the vanilla resources of RTW. However, good and finished mods will probably exist as modfolders and so there is no need to overwrite vanilla. The instructions are quite clear that a clean copy of RTW/BI (1.6) is required.

I am not sure what you mean by "put it in" the RTW folder - if you mean that you have set the path in the installer to the RTW directory then that should work however, as people have different versions and installations of RTW, we cannot tell you a specific folder. It is for you to state the correct path in the installation process. The folder will have the BI and RTW .exe files in it whatever setup a player has on his PC.

This happened to me. All you have to do is reinstall FE, but when it asks you where to install it, it should say: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War.

Well change the activision part of it, to The Creative Assembly. So it should be: C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

That should work.

ie - read the instructions