Thread: Question

Default Question

I would like to say before hand, I love this mod. I think the Trait, Ancillary, Age and Title system are great, the Garrison and Field Scripts are awesome and the chance my own nobles and royal blood would denounce my right to rule just blows me away.

However I noticed as I play the game on VH/VH, things are certainly difficult. Now, do not get me wrong... I am not big with complaining. But after wading through 10 full stacks of Byzantines from 1220 to 1230 AD or so as Hungary with one full stack of my own (all I could afford) I was a bit curious. So I toggled fow, and I found they still had 8 and a half stacks on their Balkan holdings, 5 or so in Asia Minor and about five more in their Crimean territories. Is that normal? They were larger than me territory wise, but not by much.

From what I have heard, the campaign and battle difficulty levels at start up only affect the AI and not how much money non-player nations recieve. Is that not true, or does the increased AI just make countries realize they can have as many troops as they want with certain DLV scripts?

I found that out as I scrolled over Denmark who only had a handful of provinces, much smaller than myself, and had many times over the size of my military in the capitol region alone. I barely get by financially with one stack, the Byzantines and Danes do not have millions, but they certainly have more florins than I do and more soldiers than I can dream of.

Is my understanding of the difficulty system in MTW2 wrong, or is it different in DLV? Any information or advice would be of use. Thank you in advance.

This is on the latest version 2.11 without the AddOn Superpack.

PS.

I can eventually beat the Byzantines, I know... but dare I tread on the Fatimids and their gargantuan expansionist empire and fortune many times the wealth and size of the Byzantines? I shudder at what that would bring to my lands and the hands of my Warlord King.
    Last edited by DarthK; April 05, 2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Left out info

Default Re: Question

The money script for the AI is very low in DLV 2.11, troops are expansive, ships are expansive and the same for the buildings. And there is even a inflation script to avoid to much money for the AI....
    10 full stacks of AI Army is a little to much,..

I will look into this

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics