Thread: What is EUIII like?

Default What is EUIII like?

Now here's my situation. I love strategy games, empire games, realism, and the napoleonic era, but I've never bought a paradox game before.

I've never heard anything bad about them though!

Now I know most people who visit this subforum will say, "get it"

But what I want is some honest review of the game and how it works. Screenshots of the campaign and battles (if they have playable battles) would be good, not to show the graphics but how you play the game.

Also is the AI good enough that it uses all the game features (unlike TW games)?

And is EUIII in the same situation as M2TW as far as bugginess, so that I should wait for another patch to be released?

And lastly where should I buy the game from.

I don't buy many computer games to be honest. I want to be sure this is a really good game before I buy it, as I've been dissappointed in the past by lots of companies.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

milns's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: What is EUIII like?

I recommend you to get all paradox games! As for me I don't play ant total war games since I have discovered Crusader Kings an EU for me.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europe vincendarum.

Quote Originally Posted by milns View Post
    I recommend you to get all paradox games! As for me I don't play ant total war games since I have discovered Crusader Kings an EU for me.
    LOL... look what I wrote in my post:

Now I know most people who visit this subforum will say, "get it"

But what I want is some honest review of the game and how it works. Screenshots of the campaign and battles (if they have playable battles) would be good, not to show the graphics but how you play the game.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Spart's Avatar Senator

If you don't want to risk your money, get EU2, must be real cheap now.
    Oh, but there's a demo of EU3 available, so try it out. It's a bit hard to explain how I play the game.. It's just moving things around, adjusting sliders, looking at the graphs, thinking strategies etc. Much micromanagement. But it's real epic, when the whole Europe goes to war.
    So if you like slow-paced empire building, it's a great choice. You can just concentrate on diplomacy, trade and domestic policies if you're lucky, or then you can go conquering and colonizing, harrassing the small countries and such.. Lots of possibilities.

Yeah, try it out. As well as other Paradox games (which I haven't played that much, except for Hearts of Iron) =)
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Spart's Avatar Senator

Double post, once again.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard