Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Version 1E has been released!

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Version 1E has been released!

Same download link as before - Here.

Don't know if it's compatible with 1.2, so tell me if it doesn't work once you've installed that.

The following units don't say anything when you click them or use the wrong sample:
    Russia:

Dismounted Boyar Sons
    Tsar's Guard
    Kazaks
    Boyar Sons
    Dvor Cavalry
    Basilisk

Poland:

Hussars
    Polish Knights
    Polish Guard
    Polish Nobles
    Ribault
    Serpentine

Slav Mercenaries (should speak Russian, not English)
    Last edited by Beiss; May 23, 2007 at 01:16 PM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Default Re: Version 1E has been released!

I don't think it works for me....

I get a fatal graphics error the moment I go into battle. This isn't the first time I ran the game. So I guess it doesn't work for 1.2

Is there any way to uninstall it without reinstalling the entire game?

Well I'm download ahead of time. I have 1.2 but not quite sure it'll work. I'm going to wait and see.

Also: What's different in version 1.E?

I added a new accent group - Danish - and made an automatic installer. Other than that, there's no difference. The readme tells you exactly how to uninstall... also, the first time you run it, it always gives you a fatal graphics error, like the installer tells you. If you are getting a fatal graphics error the second time, then it doesn't work.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Well I was waiting for more ppl to test it out with 1.2. Guess I'm gonna give it a go. Be honest, I can't play the game without your mod Beiss ^_~. It just doesn't have that epic feel without soldier screaming in own native lang.

Ok Done and tested. Here's my report.

I have clean install of Medieval 2: Total War™
    Patch with 1.02 Unofficial

Downloading was easy.
    Danish (german)
    French
    German
    Russian
    Italian
    Spanish
    Install 1E (also subtitle I think is in it)

Installing was very easy. Nice job. I did get a graphic Error as expected.
    Took me less then 10min (I have a raptor drive) Run Xeno.exe and exit.
    I install DLV 2.2 and grab the sound file and put it in DLV sound folder.

Alright I tested each factor in custom battle. I tested with each factor that had the mod with a common factor unit. Also a custom unit.

German VS Danish. Both work and speak correctly.
    Russian VS Italian. Both work and speak correctly.
    Spanish VS French. Both work and speak Correctly.

Ok now I tested in campaign. I use a cheat for infinite movement and send 5 or 6 diplomat to each factor with the mod. They all work and speak correctly.

So in any case. This WORK PERFECT FOR ME! THANK YOU! ANOTHER JOB WELL DONE! 1.2 here we come!

Glad to hear it! Thanks for testing it for me

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Hey Beiss
    Your languages mod is awesome, I've installed everything according to instructions on leaked 1.2 patch and it worked without any problems. Glad that the Danes speak mild german now. Awesome mod, adds very much atmosphere and feel to the game! THANK YOU VERY MUCH

P.S. Can't wait for arabic language addition
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

any 1 tryed it with 1.2 yet ? and can u use this tool along with mods??

LOL

Like the post right above your own says, yes, it works with 1.2 . And this isn't a "tool", this is a mod, too. The readme tells you how to combine Xenophonia with other mods.

Hmm I notice while playing. I dunno if anybody else have this issue. I just wanna check up on it. It could be possible DLV 2.2 conflicting with it but unlikely.

During some diplomat I get some message saying something like "Princess_Accept_Properstion_1" or w/e it was in the message box.

I'll get a screen shot of it next time I run into it.

Oh yeah, in order to play Xenophonia with other mods, you must copy the files in M2TW\data\text to M2TW\mod\data\text or the subtitles will be screwed up when playing most factions. Just like the readme says. The same error occurs if you play vanilla by running medieval2.exe instead of "launch xenophonia".

Hello there!
    Just chiming in to tell you how awesome this mod is!
    (and I was literally in awe when I heared the voices! )

As I bought the Collector's Edition of M2TW, I had little choice but to go with the localized German version.
    Generally, I prefer buying the imported US/UK version because I have been disappointed by horrible dubbing before (same for movies, actually).
    At first glance, the German edition seemed to be ok, but it did not take me long to find out I got screwed over once again.
    Basically on the battle speeches for the HRE have been done properly, the other nations are lacking their long, enemy-specific ones (which is really a shame because it adds so much to the immersion of the game).

Even disregarding that, the Eastern European/Islamic factions also have "funny" voices in the German version (owning an English copy of RTW, this does not seem to be a localized problem, however).

When I spotted your mod by scrolling through the Hosted Modifications list I could almost not believe my luck!
    All the voice packs of the respective localized versions was exactly what I had been thinking about getting (but quickly categorizing the idea as "impossible").

Now, I only speak German, English, French and Latin, but I always prefer watching a movie in its native tongue, with subs added if it needs be.
    For instance, I am a big fan of "battle for Britain", which basically has the English speak English, the French French, the Germans German, the Polish Polish, the Czechs Czech and whoever I forgot also in their native language, just as it should be.
    Nothing is worse than one of these countless movies with the fake Russian accents *grrr*

So, once again, your project is simply outstanding!
    Can't say this often enough

One question, though, you do not happen to know of a similar project for RTW?
    I figure it would be kind of hard seeing as most of these languages aren't around anymore, but the Barbarian English is so horribly done I have to laugh every time I hear them threatening - and it's actually rather sad :/

Cheers again, and keep up the outstanding work!

Quote Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
    One question, though, you do not happen to know of a similar project for RTW?
    I figure it would be kind of hard seeing as most of these languages aren't around anymore, but the Barbarian English is so horribly done I have to laugh every time I hear them threatening - and it's actually rather sad :/
    Tell me about it... remember clicking the "barbarian mercenaries" on the battlefield? They speak like their mouth is full of porridge or something... haha, and they were usually the only mercenaries you were able to hire. So, you got to hear them talk enough times to get sick of it. And the reason I started Xenophonia was because M2TW was going to be ruined the same way as RTW if no one did something about it.

As far as I know, there is no equivalent to Xenophonia for RTW, but there is the Latin voice mod for the Roman factions, and there's also Europa Barbarorum, which gives several factions native speech (the Greek and the Roman factions, and Gaul, among others), and which is supposedly very good, although I haven't tried it myself.

Glad you like what we do

You he is a genius, Beiss. I do not know what he is optimum, you or the xenofonia! I am playing now one campaign with France VH x VH with mod (they also super) Deus lo vult, and goes everything ok. I played also some custons battles and everything work fines! Much, thanks a lot for the excellent work! game is 1.02 patched, of corse
    Last edited by devereau; April 13, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Glad to hear it. Although I think calling me a genius is exaggerating somewhat... hehe

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

tried your mod yesterday for the first time. its amazing!!! fighting against the french now feels like fighting against the french and not against some germans trying to speak with a french accent (i own the german version, btw).

only found a little prob: clicking on a heretic caused a CTD. this was fully reproducible after reloading the autosave...

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

I'm pretty sure the click-on-a-heretic-ctd bug is universal (though not everyone is getting it) and has nothing to do with Xenophonia. So far, I haven't had a single CTD with this game and I've had my share of errors developing this mod. I can safely say that as far as I know, messing with the sound in this game will not result in a CTD. You'll most likely not notice any errors at all (except for sounds not playing, the wrong sounds playing, or missing subtitles) after the initial graphics error crash that happens the first time after repacking the sound data. Hopefully, the CoaHCTD bug will be fixed in the official version of the 1.2 patch.
    Last edited by Beiss; April 14, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Ulf's Avatar Ordinarius

Having a bit of a problem. I've done everything per this page. But everytime I attempt to start the game (either with the "Shortcut to Launch Xenophonia", or the original exe shortcut), It does the 10 minute file repacking that It did when I installed it then CTD's. It was a clean install of MIITW with 1.1 added on. any help?
    Thank you for reading this assuredly fantastic post.

It repacks for 10 minutes every time? In that case, look in your M2TW\data\sounds folder. Tell me if you can find files named voice1 and voice3.dat and .idx and how large these files are. Also tell me the sizes of the files in M2TW\data\sounds\backup folder. Also give your system log a look and post it here if you find anything that seems to be relevant in it.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast