Thread: Kingdom of Ireland

Default Kingdom of Ireland

Use this thread to discuss, and post your contribution regarding the Irish faction.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Dylanesque's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: New Faction: The Irish

They should probably start holding Ulster, with England holding the rest, apart from Munster, which should be a Petty States province. Picking a faction leader would be a difficult one too. I would have it as Edward Bruce, and they should have an alliance with Scotland as Edward was the younger brother of Robert I.
    Life is just a ride...

Quote Originally Posted by RandomRockFan View Post
    They should probably start holding Ulster, with England holding the rest, apart from Munster, which should be a Petty States province. Picking a faction leader would be a difficult one too. I would have it as Edward Bruce, and they should have an alliance with Scotland as Edward was the younger brother of Robert I.
    This is exactly what I had planned. It should make it pretty interesting for the English.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Rob_the_Celt's Avatar Rebel

If you want a purely Gaelic faction go for them starting in west Ulster or Connaught, if you want a slight Norman influence, as in crossbows and armoured units, start them in Munster. The Gaels had been driven back to the west coast at this point in time by the Normans but are due for a bit of a resurgence as the terrain in the west better suits their light units as opposed to the Norman units, as can be seen in battles such as Ath an Chip. I've done units for them here but they could prob be done better. Somewhere to start if your interested though.
    Between the Scots and the Irish it makes sure the English have to watch their backs, makes it alot more interesting.

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Quote Originally Posted by RandomRockFan View Post
    Really the English should only hold the Pale, basically the area around Dublin, from Dundalk down to the north of the Wicklow mountains.

The North, West and South were largely English free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Celt View Post
    If you want a purely Gaelic faction go for them starting in west Ulster or Connaught, if you want a slight Norman influence, as in crossbows and armoured units, start them in Munster. The Gaels had been driven back to the west coast at this point in time by the Normans but are due for a bit of a resurgence as the terrain in the west better suits their light units as opposed to the Norman units, as can be seen in battles such as Ath an Chip. I've done units for them here but they could prob be done better. Somewhere to start if your interested though.
    Between the Scots and the Irish it makes sure the English have to watch their backs, makes it alot more interesting.
    Thanks for your offer, I think I will take you up on it. Would it be ok if I use your strat skins as well?

Default Re: Kingdom of Ireland

The strat map skins are by Sb2ean so you might need to ask his permission to use them.

I forgot to post this before, I don't know how you are fixed for information on Ireland at the time but this site is fairly good for map positioning and some background information if you need it. Saves alot of digging for small bits of information.
    http://www.rootsweb.com/~irlkik/ihm/ire1200.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Celt View Post
    I forgot to post this before, I don't know how you are fixed for information on Ireland at the time but this site is fairly good for map positioning and some background information if you need it. Saves alot of digging for small bits of information.
    http://www.rootsweb.com/~irlkik/ihm/ire1200.htm
    I have the Faction symbol/CoA done, but I haven't started adding them yet. Anything you can give me would save me alot of time.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 25, 2007 at 12:34 PM.

Search the forums for either "Irish" or "kerns" and posts by Anthony, he gives some excellent information and goes into great detail on the Irish at the time, military units and their appearance, diplomatic info, everything. I used alot of his info on units and starting family to make the Irish faction linked up there, use any of that thats of any use, its all my own work with the exception of the strat map unit models. The way they fight tactically is right but their appearance could be better, they need short cloaks, bigger shields and the like but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.