Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time period does HCS cover?

Default What time period does HCS cover?

Title says it all.

Question:
    Will the island of Ithaca have a city of its own, and be a faction too? (I saw The Odyssey the TV miniseries today, I need to relive Odysseus haha)
    Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    -Harvey Fierstein

Default Re: What time period does HCS cover?

Timeframe is 514BC to 431BC (previously it was 404BC, but I think they changed it because of the complexity intoduced by the Peloponnesian War)

Not sure about Ithaca though... check out the map preview, there may be some screenshot of the area.

Pontifexus Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Timeframe is 514BC to 431BC (previously it was 404BC, but I think they changed it because of the complexity intoduced by the Peloponnesian War)

Not sure about Ithaca though... check out the map preview, there may be some screenshot of the area.
    It would be better, if they manage to include the Peloponesian

I would be glad enough if I could play the Persian wars .

Cheers,

Quinctius.

PM: It seems the interest in Hègemonia is growing. There are more active members now! Good!

will there be a prewiev in the next time ? yes the interest ist growing! i want to play this game !!!! please

What? theres no Peloponesian War?
    Q: How are you doing?
    A: Better than Michael Jackson.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

The Pelop War introduces to many unit variables, and we dont have the unit space to do it in the detail that we would want to. That been said its a fairly simple text edit to manually change the campaign dates to include the pelop war dates.
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

I agree wholeheartedly with the decision.

Most developers would have stuffed everything in and thrown historicity to the wind. The Greeks of 500 BC were very, very different from those of 400.

Could one (i.e. you guys!) do an expansion later to include the Peloponnesian war/4th century?

Know Thyself! - The God Apollo

that is a good suggestion Francis! But I fear the first will be the last release from Hegemonia. But I heard something about a Greek mod for MEDIITW; so it is all looking very good!

Quinctius.

I agree wholeheartedly with the decision... [double post]

Either way would be absolutely fine by me! I'll buy a game for a good mod.
    Last edited by spirit_of_rob; April 04, 2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: DP

Know Thyself! - The God Apollo

We write the history with this game, not follow it.
    Last edited by McMoose77; April 04, 2007 at 08:28 PM. Reason: My lack of awareness
    -McMoose

MacLachlainn
    Fortis et fidus

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_of_rob View Post
    The Pelop War introduces to many unit variables, and we dont have the unit space to do it in the detail that we would want to. That been said its a fairly simple text edit to manually change the campaign dates to include the pelop war dates.
    It be nice if people read posts
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Quote Originally Posted by Quinctius Cincinnatus View Post
    that is a good suggestion Francis! But I fear the first will be the last release from Hegemonia. But I heard something about a Greek mod for MEDIITW; so it is all looking very good!

Quinctius.
    Who said we wouldn't make an expansion? Who said we wouldn't make it for Medieval? Who is this other mod you're cheating on us with eh?

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

well yeah but whats the end date for the peloponnesian war? and i'd rather you make it for bi, I think m2tw was terrible, so i sold it.

Didn't the war end around 404BC, I'm not entirely sure though. And I somewhat agree on M2TW, but I think it has too much potential. It is sitting in it's box until the next patch or some good mods. Also the fighting in M2TW is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Snevets View Post
    Who said we wouldn't make an expansion? Who said we wouldn't make it for Medieval? Who is this other mod you're cheating on us with eh?
    I think he is talking about the "rise of xerxes" or something like that. I would rather go with another hegemonia though since the people developing this M2TW mod aren't entirely sure whether or not they will be going historical or "300".
    Last edited by Agisilaos; April 20, 2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: merged double post
    -McMoose

MacLachlainn
    Fortis et fidus

Well, if ya'll plan to make one for M2TW why not wait for the Kingdoms expansion(13 new factions added to the lineup with the existing ones).
    Ya'll could get quite a bit more in that one then in bi or plain m2.

CA can be annoying as hell, the only reason for that expansion is for more factions. They changed one segment of code and now everyone needs to cough up thirty more bucks to play the game. Two changes I would pay for would be a doubled unit limit and an unlimited number of provinces, but that would take the ingenuity out of the next two games wouldn't it...

MTW2 may not have been a fantastic game in its own right but the new engine does add alot of capability. Upgradable and variable unit models would add alot, the power the crusade has over the ai mind helps alot, etc.

MTW2 mods are still completely unviable though until a new model exporter is written... and there's no news of that as far as I know.

Anyway this topic has been hijacked, the question was answered.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_of_rob View Post
    It be nice if people read posts

Sorry about that. And come to think of it, the pelop wars won't even matter since both Athens and Sparta will be under corinth rule by 450 *evil laugh*
    -McMoose

MacLachlainn
    Fortis et fidus

No, I'm going to take Corinth by 451, with Persia. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) And if you make an expansion I think it would be good if it ended by the time Philip took over most of Greece, and have the reforms.
    Last edited by Dannath; April 06, 2007 at 07:37 PM.

Speaking of Persia... faction preview...soon...i hope...
    -McMoose

MacLachlainn
    Fortis et fidus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast