Thread: Using Edited Battle Maps for Campaign Locations

Default Using Edited Battle Maps for Campaign Locations

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had a link to a tutorial about how to make a location on the campaign map refer to a specific, edited battle map (made in the map editor).

For example, I want to make a particular city look unique because the game doesn't generate the city the way I want it to look (and this applies to a number of my major cities for IW), can I make a custom map with my own building placements and topography which the game will load instead of generating its own generic one?

If you need more clarification I'll oblige,

Yours,
    Ilsamir Lord

Default Re: Using Edited Battle Maps for Campaign Locations

hmm, yes this is quite a question. I too request help. We need add Thermopylae in as a special battlemap, but we want it to be able to be fought in the campaign as well. I'm pretty sure I just butchered the English language there, but any help is also greatly appreciated.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

have a look in this thread where a smilar thing was discussed and how to do it.

If you get it to work then write a tutorial - I'll need one in about a months time
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Ok, doesn't seem too difficult. I assume that you just need to reference any created map to a specific map_regions pixel and then the game will open that map instead of generating its own.

I'll experiment and get back to you.

PS - if you look in data/world/maps/campaign/custom/e3 campaign demo you'll find a text file called custom_tiles_db which refers to a custom jerusalem map - has anyone tried to incorporate this into the game?
    Last edited by Ilsamir Lord; April 04, 2007 at 05:43 PM.

How would I go about activating the map editor for vanilla?

Thanks

Is there a readme somewhere which discusses activating the editor?